It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China visit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Anyone been to China? Whereabouts did you go and what tips for places to see and avoid (and things) do you have?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: taoistguy

Shanghai (East-coast) is the financial center of China, similar to New York City.
Beijing (North) is the D.C. of China. Both have received significant foreign/domestic investment and are modernized.
International airports and modern railways make being a tourist (even without knowing Mandarin), as simplified as possible.

Other cities along the coastline have also received foreign investment, including: Ningbo, Fuzhou, Guangzhou (as well as several others); they too are welcoming of foreigners.

WOLF

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I'll be training kung fu at kunyu mountain in a couple months for about a year!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: COLORWOLF

Shanghai (East-coast) is the financial center of China, similar to New York City.
Beijing (North) is the D.C. of China. Both have received significant foreign/domestic investment and are modernized.
International airports and modern railways make being a tourist (even without knowing Mandarin), as simplified as possible.

Other cities along the coastline have also received foreign investment, including: Ningbo, Fuzhou, Guangzhou (as well as several others); they too are welcoming of foreigners.

WOLF

I understand in Guangzhou they mostly speak Cantonese and not Mandarin?
And food is spicier in northern China but not so much down south?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TopSecretAbove

I'll be training kung fu at kunyu mountain in a couple months for about a year!

What style?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I was over in Guangzhou for 6 months and they speak both, but it's usually mandarin. It's just the closer you get to Hong Kong the more people will speak Cantonese. If you want to experience China, you may want to look into Hong Kong, it's very English friendly over there. Mainland, not really at all. However, if you want the true Chinese experience, mainland is the way to go.

I suggest you go on a guided tour. Have fun!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: taoistguy
What style?

Crouching Alien, Hidden Implant.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
My friend is in Beijing right now. Everything is interesting over there)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

he will be studying northern shaolin long fist. chang chuan.

he will likely start of with basic Shi ba shou exercises. from there wu bu chuan, lian Juan chuan, Xiao Hong chuan, qi Xing chuan, maybe he'll get to da Hong chuan (my favorite of the shaolin routines)

if his shifu is the man. he will maybe learn Xiao and da hongs parent system lojia hong chuan. they could also teach him some lohan chuan. maybe tong bi, pao chui. Tai Tzu chuan. would be another possibility.

of course they will teach him basic chi gong like ba Duan jing, yi Jin jing (sp)

for weapons they'll start him on staff doing yin shou gun.

schools like these also teach non shaolin material too. so maybe some baji, fan zi, or some wudang arts. but mostly it will likely be all northern material less southern and hakka related arts.

tell you one thing the guys going to be a athletic machine when he gets back.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Ive been in Hongkong, it's ok but nothing special.

I prefer Macao, the venetian's pretty and luxurious (although it looked fake), i liked watching people gambling although i didnt gamble myself, i love sightseeing around the fake but grandeur neo-versailles interior design while listening to some nice classical music. Being there's like in different planet

(post by Sherlockjones removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I was in Beijing and Macao. have dream to go to HongKong

top topics

join