It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul & Ron Wyden to co-sponsor 9/11 Transparency Bill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Good news 9/11 conspiracy followers! Perhaps our do-nothing congress, led by Paul and Wyden, may finally be listening. Momentum seems to be growing for disclosure of the "blank 28 pages" of the 9/11 report. According to 28Pages.org, an activist group behind the good fight to release the blank 28 pages, Paul and Wyden will be co-sponsoring a new bill, addressing 9/11 transparency, and will formally.ask President Obama to release those pages.

Releasing the pages, which allegedly speak to Saudi-funding of 9/11 would be a huge step forward for the truth movement. Hats off to Paul and Wyden for taking this tough stance, and for listening to the victims families and the growing population of "truthers", or normal people, who just want more transparency from our government.

The growing, nonpartisan drive to declassify a 28-page finding on foreign government support of the 9/11 hijackers is about to take an enormous step forward with the introduction of a Senate resolution urging the president to release the material to the public. Dramatically compounding the issue’s visibility, the resolution is being introduced by high-profile Republican presidential hopeful Rand Paul of Kentucky. A spokesperson for Senator Paul told 28Pages.org that Oregon Democrat Ron Wyden will cosponsor the resolution, which will serve as the upper chamber’s companion to House Resolution 14. Wyden is a member of the Senate intelligence committee

Missing 28 pages

edit on 29-5-2015 by Jchristopher5 because: Correction of spelling

edit on 29-5-2015 by Jchristopher5 because: Changed Ron to Rand.

edit on 29-5-2015 by Jchristopher5 because: Add souce of 28pages.org

edit on 29-5-2015 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Jchristopher5

Thanks for posting this. I will have to read up on the issue.

By the way, may want to change your title from Ron to Rand.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Thanks for posting this. I will have to read up on the issue.

By the way, may want to change your title from Ron to Rand.

Thank you. Correction made. I knew that, but my fingers didn't pay attention!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
even if the gov't is forced to release stuff it doesn't mean they won't have some ghost writer sit down and write in something feasible to void them of admitting self mutilation of their own countrymen.

yeah they fought as long as they could to not let it out, but anyone silly enough to think they didn't have a back up cover story ready in waiting is naive.

on another recent and ongoing conspiracy theory that sort connects- maybe they will finally admit their self mutilation of their own countrymen now that we are going into martial law and jade helm in few weeks.and by then we won't be able to do anything about it lol

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If the document shredders and the black sharpies have not yet been deployed, they will be now.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I have a question. Let's say hypothetically that this bill has more than a snowball's chance in hell of passing (which it doesn't), and it gets passed. If after the missed pages are released, if they were to confirm the official story, would you and other truthers finally accept it as truth? Or are you just looking for additional evidence to confirm a conclusion you already came to before seeing this information?
edit on 29-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I've been a fan of Ron Wyden for a while now and vote for him whenever I can. The dude, in hindsight, has been right about nearly everything for decades. Voted against invading Iraq, voted against the Patriot Act, voted against arming Iran back before it was a problem, voted against the bailouts, has always supported marriage-equality, and has spoken out in support of legalizing marijuana (already legal here now). He also has a long history of cooperating with Republicans in creating solutions.

Given that, I think it's safe to trust in whatever hunches and instincts he may have until he proves us otherwise. The man is solid.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

if they were to confirm the official story, would you and other truthers finally accept it as truth?

No!
That's conspiracy #839.
Maybe you don't get it.
Everything is a conspiracy.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I have a question. Let's say hypothetically that this bill has more than a snowball's chance in hell of passing (which it doesn't), and it gets passed. If after the missed pages are released, if they were to confirm the official story, would you and other truthers finally accept it as truth? Or are you just looking for additional evidence to confirm a conclusion you already came to before seeing this information?

I can't speak for anyone but myself. I first want the missing 28 pages released.

Next, I want it to put pressure on congress and the White House for a new, impartial investigation. One where all the players would testify openly, as called upon by the impartial commission. Not one controlled by either party, congress, the White House, or the CIA. Congress' only job will be to allot funds for the real investigation. Skeptics and conspiracy proponents would share the floor. Everything would be debated openly.

If the appointments are fair and balanced, and issues are debated fairly, openly, and impartially, then I will accept whatever conclusions are reached from such a commission.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If we are going to have transparency on this then let's have real transparency. There was not only a Saudi connection but a Israeli connection as well so let us have all the info instead of showing one and shielding the other.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jchristopher5

I can't speak for anyone but myself. I first want the missing 28 pages released.

Next, I want it to put pressure on congress and the White House for a new, impartial investigation. One where all the players would testify openly, as called upon by the impartial commission. Not one controlled by either party, congress, the White House, or the CIA. Congress' only job will be to allot funds for the real investigation. Skeptics and conspiracy proponents would share the floor. Everything would be debated openly.

If the appointments are fair and balanced, and issues are debated fairly, openly, and impartially, then I will accept whatever conclusions are reached from such a commission.

So, in other words, your answer is no then. So why bother if it at the most is only going to reinforce your beliefs and has no chance of changing your mind? Sounds like you just want to reinforce confirmation bias there.

As for you "impartial investigation" I don't even know how that would even be organized to satisfy the conspiracy nuts. They always like finding things wrong with investigations when they don't go the way they want them to. Case in point, you highlighting a bunch of perceived issues that need correcting from the first commission if they were to do a second one.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Good effort by both of them. But even if the bill passes, we probably won't see everything.

I'm still waiting for the missing White House recordings from Watergate.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
We won't see the pages until after Bob Graham dies...he's the only member of the committee who is outspoken on their release and (seemingly) willing to call bs if we are fed a lie.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jchristopher5

So, in other words, your answer is no then. So why bother if it at the most is only going to reinforce your beliefs and has no chance of changing your mind? Sounds like you just want to reinforce confirmation bias there.

As for you "impartial investigation" I don't even know how that would even be organized to satisfy the conspiracy nuts. They always like finding things wrong with investigations when they don't go the way they want them to. Case in point, you highlighting a bunch of perceived issues that need correcting from the first commission if they were to do a second one.

Feel free to call us "conspiracy nuts", but you are the one doing the name calling. Just wanted to point that out for the moderators.

As far as your question, how can I say I would drop it after the 28 pages are released? What if it raises other questions, which I assume it would? You follow the trail. You quit when you are satisfied the truth as been told.

I feel like a new impartial investigation is needed. The first one was quite flawed, even many of its participating members have admitted as much.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

It would be nice also to see the so called plane hitting the Pentagon videos. But seeing as it wasn't a plane that hit the Pentagon (obviously) then these videos will never be released.

If the videos show a plane then why don't they release them???????

There is an obvious answer to that too!

edit on 30-5-2015 by Nova937 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nova937

It would be nice also to see the so called plane hitting the Pentagon videos. But seeing as it wasn't a plane that hit the Pentagon (obviously) then these videos will never be released.

If the videos show a plane then why don't they release them???????

There is an obvious answer to that too!

There are so many unexplained, or poorly explained, aspects of the 9/11 tragedy, before and after.

1. The collapse of Building 7 at free fall for 2.25 seconds (acknowledged in the official NIST report. Not being allowed to see the model used is quite interesting).
2. The unusual trading before 9/11 (to which the OS acknowledged, and said, in classic circular logic, that it was insignificant because Al Qaeda was not behind it).
3. Missing or damaged flight recorders at both the WTC and Pentagon, yet they find a passport of a "terrorist" near the WTC, and somehow they recover most of the human DNA at the Pentagon, but we never could get information off of the flight recorder. Come on!
4. More than 80 cameras at, or near the Pentagon, yet all we get is a few frames, which conveniently show nothing conclusive. Of course, these lousy images had to literally be pried from the Pentagon and FBI.
5. The illuminating "Anthrax scare" which was also blamed on middle eastern terrorists. Of course, we now know it was a US supply. They found a patsy, but changed their minds and later found a new one, despite not having or sharing real verifiable proof of guilt.

There is so much more, just five things off the top of my head. Davis Ray Griffin has produced a list of over 100 such oddities.

To believe the official story, once you peel it back, is akin to believing in Santa Claus. It is a total act of faith, and like Santa Claus, the truth is that the government case is nearly as weak as the case for Santa Claus.
edit on 30-5-2015 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Santa Claus! Your right! Anyone that believes the Official Story of 9/11 is either Stupid or a Shill. They must be dumb enough to believe Santa Claus exists. Or they are just VERY Gullible.

The Official version of that day defies physics and belief! There is no way in hell 2 planes can take down 3 towers. No way. They look like Demolitions and the people that believe in the Official BS Stories can't have seen any demolitions before.

And the Pentagon crap! Don't get me started on that one! After the official story came out I was like WTF??????

Shanksville? Lol. The drills of that day and weeks before? The severe lack of evidence to support the official BS?

Are people that stupid these days? Has the dumbing down of the population with Fluoride, Vaccines, Sh*tty TV, WiFi and the BS Education System Worked?

Sorry for the rant but it just mystifies me as to how people can believe the BS Official sequence of events. It's STUPID!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nova937
Santa Claus! Your right! Anyone that believes the Official Story of 9/11 is either Stupid or a Shill. They must be dumb enough to believe Santa Claus exists. Or they are just VERY Gullible.

The Official version of that day defies physics and belief! There is no way in hell 2 planes can take down 3 towers. No way. They look like Demolitions and the people that believe in the Official BS Stories can't have seen any demolitions before.

And the Pentagon crap! Don't get me started on that one! After the official story came out I was like WTF??????

Shanksville? Lol. The drills of that day and weeks before? The severe lack of evidence to support the official BS?

Are people that stupid these days? Has the dumbing down of the population with Fluoride, Vaccines, Sh*tty TV, WiFi and the BS Education System Worked?

Sorry for the rant but it just mystifies me as to how people can believe the BS Official sequence of events. It's STUPID!

I don't think the people who believe the official story are necessarily stupid, yet some of them surely are, just like some "truthers" are stupid. Yes, there are shills around here too, and I despise them.

The real issue is the truth doesn't get told in the mainstream media. Most are a victim of the inputs they have.

It doesn't mean they are stupid. But they are ignorant. Just as you and I are ignorant about some things. 9/11 just isn't one of them.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I support any attempt to have these 28 pages released because I am a strong believer that the Saudi state had a hand in the 9/11 attacks so I applaud these guys for trying to get this through. With that said however I do take issue with this line from the OP.

Releasing the pages, which allegedly speak to Saudi-funding of 9/11 would be a huge step forward for the truth movement.

I do not think that the campaign to have these 28 pages released and the discussion around them should be advertised as a anything to do with the "truth movement" or the "truthers". Sadly, thanks to both sides of the "truther vs OSer" debate, the phrase "truth movement" in regards to 9/11 now has many negative connotations (not all of them deserved) in the public eye. For Joe public to hear someone like Alex Jones, Ventura, Gage, Griffin, Ryan, or just about any ATS member really talking about how these pages must be released in my view creates to wrong impression. It creates the impression that the release of these 28 pages is just part of another "crazy 9/11 conspiracy" theory from the guys who think there were super secret explosives used and that it was all really a massive false flag.

When the discussion of these 28 pages takes place in the same contest of 9/11 conspiracy theories it undermines their importance. It is not a conspiracy theory to say to government hid these 28 pages of the report, like it is to say the government crashed those planes into the towers. Yet I believe that when we discuss to two as if they are the same, by calling their potential release a "victory for the 9/11 truth movement" it creates the wrong impression, like the release of these 28 pages will some how vindicate what "truthers" have been saying all along. This is simply not true.

When or if this document is released most 9/11 truthers (I don't like that name by the way) will start moaning about how although it does say that yes Saudi were involved it does not say they were having their strings pulled to dance to the Israeli's tune of world domination or some other kind of rubbish.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

A bunch of papers don't confirm anything no matter how many new ones they print in the hopes it will be believed. Facts and evidence make a much bigger impact on what the conclusions will be accepted as. Making up a bunch of official looking papers written by members of the good ole boys network can't be made to smell good when they are still containing a lot of BS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join