It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant woman arrested dropping child off at school, altercation (body cam video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

(post by MoreBeer removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

She then intentionally fell down

There is no possible way you could know that from the footage we have!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Racists ain't worth it!
edit on 29-5-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

No, it was my impression though.

Double tap?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

No, it was my impression though.

Double tap?

Fair enough.

Make of the Double tap what you will.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
I still haven't heard anyone explain why she had to be put down on her stomach. She still has two sides that she could have been guided down onto, but for some weird reason she had to be laid on her stomach, endangering the baby.

Good point, the baby's safety should have played the most important role. When she says she's pregnant, and its non violent, it should have been handled differently.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The cop overreacted as usual. No big surprise there. However, the woman should have cooperated with his request in a calm and respectful manner even if he was overstepping his authority. Her concern for the safety of her unborn child should have dictated her initial response and perhaps this whole situation could have been avoided.

It should be clear to all civilians that cops in general have little to no respect for them and that they won't hesitate to violate your rights, knowing full well that they will simply get a pass or a slap on the wrist if evidence of their actions is documented.

This article from a black police officer has the ring of truth to it and I encourage everyone to consider it:

On any given day, in any police department in the nation, 15 percent of officers will do the right thing no matter what is happening. Fifteen percent of officers will abuse their authority at every opportunity. The remaining 70 percent could go either way depending on whom they are working with.

www.vox.com...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
a reply to: MoreBeer

Our world is seriously #ed up when people think some kind of injustice has been done in this situation.

The only reason this is even a story is because she is black.

Your viewpoint is absolutely vile and I surmise that if you were to reveal more of your wisdom, you would make it crystal clear who is an animal.

I sincerely hope the days of you and your kind on the planet are coming to an end.

Why don't you just come out and say it?

You think I'm a racist, bigot because you don't agree with me. Your can't take it that someone has a different opinion so you end all discussion by playing the race card.

My mind is seriously boggled... please help me understand... why do you accuse someone else of playing the race card when it was you that brought race into it? Let me refresh your memory:

The only reason this is even a story is because she is black.

And, given that you did in fact make a judgment call based on race and race alone, are you not a racist by definition? How does someone's agreement or disagreement affect the racial basis for your judgment? Are you so blinded by race that you cannot see other legitimate reasons for outrage? Like the fact that the woman committed no crime as attested by the officer? Or the fact that she was 8 months pregnant, and therefore another innocent life was affected by the police officer's actions? You may or may not agree that these are reasons for outrage, but neither has anything to do with race; can you truly not see that there are other factors to be considered?

You'd support Hitler if he was black.

Given your logic, does that mean you support Hitler because he was white? Seriously. I'm trying to understand how you can come to the conclusions you have, including making such accusations against others, unless you are in fact racist.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
a reply to: C84K2

-The police officer, in the video, says no crime was committed.

Being black is essentially a crime. Being black and impolite (got that you Jim Crow loving trash?) is punishable by death.

Please show us the law that states being black is a crime.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This discussion went south the moment race was brought into it. Science has already proven race is nothing more than a social construct. Why is this still up for debate? Humans, no matter what color they are due to genetic evolution are humans and should be treated as such. The only racists in the world are those who profit off of it and the few very sad individuals who legitimately can't see the human form under the skin.

Looking at this without color bias, you're not constitutionally bound to respect police officers... however unwise that may be. It can and probably will lead to an arrest, whether that arrest leads to conviction or not. Officers are allowed to ask you for your name/address, no matter what the situation may be outside of randomly approaching you on the street. Bear in mind, the officer did not say whether she was or was not involved in a crime, she simply began giving her statement the moment he approached her. She acknowledged the situation by giving her story and then refused to follow up on it by simply giving her name. That just doesn't seem smart no matter how you look at it. Simply explaining the situation with a warning would have sufficed, which I think the officer was about to do until she pulled the race card and began to walk off. Police are allowed to arrest you and then release you after a reasonable amount of time. More than likely he was going to arrest her and put her in the cruiser where he was more in control of the situation, for both her safety and his. Sadly, it turned out the way it did.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Closed for review.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
*** STOP THE INSULTS AND GET ON TOPIC ***

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join