It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant woman arrested dropping child off at school, altercation (body cam video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Another arrest video with body camera. Saw this on CNN today. An 8 month pregnant woman dropping her child off at elementary school got into some kind of altercation with another woman. I don't even really understand why the police were even needed. A few things-

-This is in CA, and apparently in CA, if no crime was committed, you do not have to give your name to police.

-The police officer, in the video, says no crime was committed.

-The pregnant woman, at first, did not give the officer her name, when he asked her name. A few seconds later she gives him her middle name, and calls her boyfriend. The officer says that's not good enough. He said he'd giver her 2 minutes, but maybe 20 seconds later, both officers start putting their hands on her. If he wanted her to provide ID, shouldn't he have asked for ID and not just asked what her name was? He never asked the woman who called police her name (I'm sure at some point they do ask, but IDK, he says they will document the other woman's name, and never asked for her name (the caller), at the time.) At the end of the video, he's going thru her purse getting her ID.

-I don't hear the officer once tell the woman she is under arrest until after she was handcuffed and brought back to the police car. (7:03/04 of the video). If he says it earlier, I didn't hear it. He asks her why she is resisting, but never do I hear him tell her she is under arrest until he's walking her back to the car. Doesn't the officer need to tell her she's under arrest? Or is just asking someone why they are resisting imply that they are under arrest? Ide think they would need to tell them they are under arrest, before she is put on the ground and handcuffed? How do you resist arrest when they don't tell you you're under arrest? I don't know much about law so I really don't know. But I would think they would need to tell her she was under arrest?

-He tells her to get herself up a few times- since she's 8 months pregnant and handcuffed, ide think that that would be a difficult task.

-He tells her she is under arrest for obstructing ??????? ??????? (words I cant make out) a police officer. Was that her not giving her name?

-At around 8:01, he tells dispatch or someone over radio that she will still not give her name...but I never hear him ask for her name again, not since the first time he asked before the arrest.

-Around 8:20 he tells her to just sit down please, when she is already sitting down. Does he mean to get into the car so her legs are inside so they can shut the door? If so, the communication here is awful IMO.

-By the end of the video, 6 officers are on the scene...for a 8 month pregnant woman, who the officer said committed no crime, but who didn't give her name the first time asked. If the name she gave wasn't good enough for the officer, he should have asked for ID? Or is he implying he's asking for ID by asking for her name? If so, again, bad communication IMO. Ide understand if after someone is arrested, another officer needs to show up for a "briefing" so to say, of the arrest, but 6? I don't get it.

-Yet in CA, if no crime was committed, they don't need to give a name. If so, what was all this about?

www.nydailynews.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Link to page

There's a lot of news articles about this though.

Like I said earlier, I don't really get why the police were needed in the first place, but once they arrived, it got out of hand once she didn't give her name and there was poor communication IMO. Did she need to give her name? The officer escalated this unnecessarily, especially for an 8 month pregnant woman, IMO. What do you think?

(I cant preview this for some reason so I cant tell how it looks, sorry.)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I hate the f*in police so much.

I had to turn it off after about a minute it was making my blood boil!

Double tap!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: C84K2

A lot of people go by their middle name.

She was paranoid, no doubt, and she was the one who brought up race. But, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not reacting with racial bias.

I don't see any reason why she should have been placed under arrest. You're right, communication on the police side was really bad. The officer should have explained, like he did to the other woman, that he was merely there to document a complaint, and that's why he needed her name.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
A completely justified arrest.

The lady goes completely ape # for no reason what so ever.

Shouts and carries on the entire time and resists arrest. Normal people do not act like an animal like this lady did.

It's a complete disgrace that people somehow want to defend this kind of behavior.

Our world is seriously #ed up when people think some kind of injustice has been done in this situation.

The only reason this is even a story is because she is black.

Truth.
edit on 29-5-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: C84K2
-I don't hear the officer once tell the woman she is under arrest until after she was handcuffed and brought back to the police car. (7:03/04 of the video). If he says it earlier, I didn't hear it. He asks her why she is resisting, but never do I hear him tell her she is under arrest until he's walking her back to the car. Doesn't the officer need to tell her she's under arrest? Or is just asking someone why they are resisting imply that they are under arrest? Ide think they would need to tell them they are under arrest, before she is put on the ground and handcuffed? How do you resist arrest when they don't tell you you're under arrest? I don't know much about law so I really don't know. But I would think they would need to tell her she was under arrest?

Contrary to what Hollywood tries to tell you, the police AREN'T required to read you your Miranda Rights immediately as they arrest you. They just can't use anything you say as testimony against you until they do. So yes, you can be resisting arrest without being told you are under arrest.
edit on 29-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I saw this yesterday, and clearly both parties were at fault. It was disturbing to me that the officer didn't use any "skills" to try and diffuse the situation. A little understanding could have calmed her down. She's clearly hormonal and was already upset. It's despicable that he put her on the ground.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreBeer

Normal people do not act like an animal like this lady did.

your take on this is she acted like an animal? Walking away is acting like an animal? He told her she had "two minutes" to calm down, and she was on the ground 20 seconds later.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Yes most definitely. She was being questioned for a possible crime and she thinks can just walk away.

I take it you condone this type of behavior?

All she had to do was provide the officer a name and nothing would have occurred.

What is wrong with the black community that they think they are above the law and do not have to listen to anything an authority figure says and when ANYTHING is questioned about them they cry racism?

Call me racist or what ever. That word has lost all meaning.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I think most of you know that I am not predisposed to give law enforcement the benefit of the doubt.

I am bothered by the fact that she was pregnant but, my first impression is that she instigated and exacerbated the whole situation. She then intentionally fell down and behaved like a spoiled brat.

The officers struck me as unemotional and professional. The fact that he told the first woman that she could have made a citizen’s arrest was astoundingly admirable.

This was not a random stop so asking for an ID given that she had driven there was not inappropriate.

I can only be honest and this seems to have been handled exceedingly well save the handcuffing and arrest which was excessive given the clearly stated opinion of the officer that no crime had been committed. She really forced the issue unnecessarily.
edit on 29-5-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I realize she contributed to the situation by being stubborn. However we should be able to expect more from officers by trying to "talk down" a potentially confrontational situation, without using force. And he did use force to put a young pregnant, stubborn, upset, hormonal lady on the ground. It was unprofessional. A truly professional officer would have talked this down without it going this far.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

good to know, thanks for the information.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I agree he may have been a tad unprofessional.

I also think that the entire situation was caused by this lady. Hormonal or not that does not excuse her from refusing to listen to anything the officer says and resisting arrest.

If she would have given him her name and simply shut her mouth she would have never been put on the ground, not charged with a crime, and would have went on about her day.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Sure the lady was acting crazy but she was pregnant and we all know all pregnant women are effing crazy . And the police should know pregnant women get a liitle more patience, because anyone that has ever lived with one knows they are bat sh4$ crzy..

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Sure the lady was acting crazy but she was pregnant and we all know all pregnant women are effing crazy . And the police should know pregnant women get a liitle more patience, because anyone that has ever lived with one knows they are bat sh4$ crzy..

eta..They are so crazy it had to be said twice
edit on 29-5-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Obstructing? More like resisting an illegal arrest? I thought you had to have committed a crime to be arrested. As far as i can tell the only thing she did was not identify herself to the officer. Does that give him the ability to put a pregnant lady on the ground, cuff her and arrest her? I hope the blonde with the jacked up face is happy. No doubt she's playing up the distraught victim role, while she, her fellows in the break room, and half the kids in the school stare out the schools windows and watch the police manhandle a pregnant lady to the ground while performing an illegal arrest that should have never happened.

Sad, sad, sad.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Our world is seriously #ed up when people think some kind of injustice has been done in this situation.

Your viewpoint is absolutely vile and I surmise that if you were to reveal more of your wisdom, you would make it crystal clear who is an animal.

I sincerely hope the days of you and your kind on the planet are coming to an end.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

-The police officer, in the video, says no crime was committed.

Being black is essentially a crime. Being black and impolite (got that you Jim Crow loving trash?) is punishable by death.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I still haven't heard anyone explain why she had to be put down on her stomach. She still has two sides that she could have been guided down onto, but for some weird reason she had to be laid on her stomach, endangering the baby.

And yes, pregnancy makes you hormonal.
I had a cop phone me to meet him at a parking lot to take home my drunken boyfriend years ago, when I was noticeably pregnant. Then he asked me if I had my drivers license on me. I reminded him that he called me, at 2 AM, to pick up a drunk just so he didn't have to take him to the drunk tank, and I was not impressed.
He backed right down, realized his silliness with that question.

Thankfully most Cdn cops are not like the US cops.....

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I could hear her phone call now to her friend " police are asking for my name" friend "you ain't gotta tell them sh**" it was only going to go south from there.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Your viewpoint is absolutely vile and I surmise that if you were to reveal more of your wisdom, you would make it crystal clear who is an animal.

I sincerely hope the days of you and your kind on the planet are coming to an end.

Why don't you just come out and say it?

You think I'm a racist, bigot because you don't agree with me. Your can't take it that someone has a different opinion so you end all discussion by playing the race card.

You'd support Hitler if he was black.

In case you haven't noticed my kind is the MAJORITY and will be the MAJORITY long after you've left this planet.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join