It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least Two Subway Riders Have Been Arrested for Man-Spreading

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

en.wikipedia.org... sadly its a thing some people think is real and often cited by those claiming to be feminists

Manspreading, or man-sitting, is the practice of sitting in public transport with legs wide apart, thereby covering more than one seat.[1][2] Both this posture and usage of the term has caused some internet criticism, and debates in the USA, UK, Turkey and Canada.[3][4] The term first appeared in public debate when a feminist anti-manspreading campaign was started on the social media website Tumblr in 2013; the validity of the term has been questioned.[5][6] The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in the New York metropolitan area and Sound Transit of Seattle have instituted poster campaigns encouraging respectful posture when other passengers have to stand due to crowding on buses and trains. Transport officials in cities such as Philadelphia, Chicago, and Washington, D.C., however, have denied that it is a significant problem.[1][4] The MTA campaign will carry slogans like "Dude, stop the spread please!".[7] In some cases, people who find manspreading offensive have taken to photographing manspreading, and posting those images on the Internet.[1]

www.breitbart.com... this link blames it solely on feminism

www.nationalreview.com... ill try to post a link for every political persuasion there is (liberal,democrat,middle of road republican and neo con)

jezebel.com...#-you-dudes-who-sit-with-their-legs-spread-so-wide-that-they-take-up-two-seats-your-dick-is-not-that-big cant quote this one and the censors may even mess up the title.....so if it does not work just google jezebell manspreading

www.huffingtonpost.com...

mic.com... so its not just the one poster on ats who is attributing this to feminism

www.reddit.com... probably NSFW for language and variety of other thnings that tend to go hand in hand when on redit

freebeacon.com... seems far better ways to have spent close to 80 grand on the campgain so far......figured some schools could have used that money ya know?

guess its also the bastard step child of manslamming and mansplaining nymag.com... which i guess means walking while male and not getting out of the way of females? coments are gold on this one
edit on 29-5-2015 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Remind me never, ever to move to New York. That's beyond stupid.

Dude, you should research modern Feminism, spend some time on Tumblr. That movement has become a beacon for the mentally ill.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LewsTherinThelamon
I think they are all good trolls. At least that is what I tell myself, to make me feel better about humanity lol. Tumblr is full of 10/10 trolls, or total retards. I prefer to tell myself they are hillarious trolls and stay away from that cesspool of the internet. I would rather go to 4chan

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
Men take up more room while seated, women take up more room while standing. Manspreading, and boobstanding cancel each other out.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Boobstanding haha.. Now that's a magical new term for me thx, lol.

The Title sounds like something a couple inter-universal gods would get charged with.. Manspreading haha..

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

lol

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

The meninists are just as ludicrous... I think it's the internet, some people just can't handle it.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Men spreading their legs in public is just as offensive as women spreading their legs in public.

Show me one book on etiquette that condones it.

Some things just are not done in public and this is one of them.
It is sad that we need law enforcement to step in when their mothers should have done so when the uncouth XXXX were four or younger.

edit on 29-5-2015 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

I'm not surprised. The cops are always finding ways to fine or arrest people. This is why I call them revenue officers. They have to fill their quota for the city.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

The meninists are just as ludicrous... I think it's the internet, some people just can't handle it.

The meninists are reactionary idiots.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
I think they are all good trolls. At least that is what I tell myself, to make me feel better about humanity lol. Tumblr is full of 10/10 trolls, or total retards. I prefer to tell myself they are hillarious trolls and stay away from that cesspool of the internet. I would rather go to 4chan

Hopefully they are all trolls. I'm not sure how I would handle meeting a real life, trigendered-omniqueer-squirrelkin.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Wow, I love learning new things on ATS. Hands down this is one of funniest thing I've seen on here. Man spreading, wow. I grew up in NY and some times when you are on the subway and you don't want a stinky person or weirdo sitting next to you, you sit or act in a way that that keep them from sitting near you. I still do, I'm at work right now in the break room "man spreading" so that I don't have a coworker wanting to sit near me and talk about something I could care less about like the Seahawks.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

It IS a feminist thing, explicitly. It is also beyond stupid, perhaps I'm too young but I can't imagine the level of public discourse to ever have been lower than this during the whole of the 20th and 21th century. (What say you old timers?)

The fact that there are massive amounts of young women and young men increasingly embracing ideas such as these is embarrassing and speaks of cultural decline. The West is cannibalizing itself, young impressionable hipsters and wannabe rebels fighting for some delusional equality will be our doom.

They're not addressing inequalities. They're steering public discourse and directing it with their knowledge of dialectics and mass psychology. Dividing along ethnic, cultural, political, religious and gender lines. They're feminizing the men and radicalising the women.

A population that would even humour idiocy such as thing is in no state to control its own destiny. It will be ripe for the taking of anyone ruthless and capable enough to do it. It is a like a young blithering child reacting like clockwork to emotional "hot button issues". Quite telling terminology as society is constantly having its buttons pushed. The general reaction of a population could easily be foretold by any think tank worth its name.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join