It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

51 Year Old Actor Drops Hollywood & Picks Up AK-47 To Fight ISIS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I'm actually surprised more fundies haven't done this.

I was actually expecting some evangelical person to start their own private crusader army and buy a barge or something and rename it the "Freedom Ship" and sail it to the ME to combat ISIS.

"Bring your own guns, we're going big before we go home!"

I'm dead serious, I'm really, really surprised there hasn't been a call to arms for all these people that claim to love guns and hate ISIS. Where are they? Why haven't they banded together to form a Neo-Crusade?

Thats something they would never do as an official evangelical enterprise. Individuals wouldn't even officially do it under an evangelical heading.

But hay we do have certain pastors in this country praising the Crips and Bloods for coming together against the cops.....which granted never happened but still. And we do have certain Muslin clerics recruiting for ISIS.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The last thing they need is more untrained manpower. ISIS is out number by a massive degree. However training, arming and supplying all those people is the problem. And that is simply going to take time. If this guy had a military background he could go an help train hundreds of fighters who are already there. However, in his case he will simply be one more mouth to feed, supply and train. Nice idea but, really doing more harm than good.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Ouch...and the difference is...drawing pictures man, drawing pictures.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: randomspecific

And so in a nutshell, the present situation dictates that:

Ordinary people take extraordinary measures.

How sad is that?

I for one shall not follow until I see at LEAST 100 of the richest people on the planet follow suit!

I think blair, bush and cheny should pick up a AK47.

They caused the problem they should be the first to fix it the wrecthed human skid marks that they are.
edit on 28-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I'm actually surprised more fundies haven't done this.

I was actually expecting some evangelical person to start their own private crusader army and buy a barge or something and rename it the "Freedom Ship" and sail it to the ME to combat ISIS.

"Bring your own guns, we're going big before we go home!"

I'm dead serious, I'm really, really surprised there hasn't been a call to arms for all these people that claim to love guns and hate ISIS. Where are they? Why haven't they banded together to form a Neo-Crusade?

Maybe those fundies are mostly a Media created boogeyman used to scare good little skulls full of mush into voting the right way and they don't actually exist in nearly the numbers you think they do. Either that or they are primarily concerned with protecting their hearth and home, not Crusading across the globe.

We want to help people, we do it in a support role, not a combat one, not as an official member of some ministry or other unless we're talking military chaplains, but even they draw flack these days.
edit on 28-5-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Good for him. At least he walked the walk and not just talked the talk. Not another fake tough guys screaming about ISIS from the comfort of their air conditioned homes.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
He is an ACTOR and not a very good one either, he is only doing this so hollywood will make a movie about him and he will either direct or star in it, he is not doing this out of the goodness of his heart, he is a fame junkie he wants attention,to be really reaaly famous

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Guys sounds like an attention whore to me...Anyone worth their salt would just go without the need to advertise what they are doing to the world....

I hope if and when he comes back..(i'll give him a fortnight) ....that some nutbag doesn't find out where he lives. Not only is he putting his own life in jeopardy, anyone in his vicinity might be in grave danger also.

If you feel the need to go fight with the Peshmerga go, having your face and intentions plastered all over the media is not a very smart move.
There's a good reason why Special Forces can go shopping and get on with their day to day lives without constantly having to look over their shoulder.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I'm sure his manager and publicist thought this would be a good idea and already own the book / movie / mini-series and T-Shirt rights.
However, he better watch himself as those pesky SITE Intelligence "Jihadi" video producers might also have an altogether different movie idea with him as the star!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Looks like there are plenty of cameras rolling.

What's the difference?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Don't kid yourself. Fundies only crusade the globe on someone else's back. Snakes can't kneel or pray.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
" The Iraqi Shia were like the French of the Middle East, they just gave up and surrendered "

I think the guy is brave for what he is doing, but he doesn't strike me as the type who will cope in the long run. From IMDB:

" With no military background and little experience with firearms, he paused his acting career and went to Iraq to fight against ISIS "

That being said, he grew up on Moss Side in Manchester, so that and being a Northern Englishman might give him an advantage, lol.

Let's hope his next acting job isn't on his knees with a knife to his throat.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I wonder if this 51 year old actor knows the origin of Isis and what has Washington been up to ?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BentBone

I wonder if this 51 year old actor knows the origin of Isis and what has Washington been up to ?

I wonder if you do. Why don't you enlighten us with your vast understanding?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

They aren't killed for drawing Allah the merciful. They are killed for drawing the prophet. In Islam the prophet is not God. He is just a prophet the same as Abraham, Moses, Jesus. No one greater than the other. Did you know that to Muslims Jesus is the same rank as Mohammed?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

You must be the last person on the Internet who hasn't seen senator McCain pictures with then called Syrian rebels, bringing them cash and guns.

Syrian rebels no longer exist.

Guess who does

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BentBone

IS was born out of AQ in Iraq and has roots stretching back to the invasionand even before to 1999. They were still in Iraq when the Syrian war kicked off.

What your thinking if is other rebel groups which have sod all to do with IS and are actually fighting them.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Sounds more like propaganda to me. To get more people, over there to fight against ISIS, without the US having to put boots on the ground. But who knows, I could be totally wrong and this guy the real Rambo

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Much more talk then action, that's why. It requires physical effort.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Too bad he didn't get Tom Cruise to go with him.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join