It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi minister : Iran saved us !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
In an interview with russian news outlet (RT) , Iraqi interior minister said the following :

Click here for full interview and its clip

interesting parts :

"SS: So let’s start from the latest. The Iraqi army and the Shia militias have almost defeated IS in Tikrit, but the Islamic State has recently claimed victory in Ramadi, an important strategic town, and it’s also still in control of Fallujah and Mosul. Now, with the coalition bombing campaign, with the advisors trying to train the Iraqi army, with the international arms help – how is ISIS still claiming territories? Why is ISIS still winning?

MSAG: Well, first of all I would like to correct the terms: we don’t have the Shia militia. We have popular mobilization, this sort of fighters and their force being formed by the government, with high authority, religious authorities calling the people to come and join the government forces to defend our territories, to defend our sovereignty."

As i said before here on ATS , PMF was not allowed to fight ISIS in al-anbar province because of the jealousy of some weird tribes .

"SS: Iran was actually among the first countries to come to the aid in your fight against the Islamic State: it helped you with weaponry, it helped you with military advisors – who would you say is helping Iraq more at this point? The U.S. or Iran? Who you’re getting more help from?

MSAG: The situation since the collapse of Mosul was very difficult, was very crucial – we were in situation where Baghdad was under threat, and it was a serious threat, actually. So we welcome anybody who help us and as you mentioned, Iran was the first one to give help to Iraq and give hand to Iraq. Even the Kurds, when the threat was very close to Erbil, the first supplies of ammunition that reached Kurds were from Iran, not from other people. So, we’re receiving many claims from other countries that they are supporting Iraq, but on the ground, I say, clearly Iran was the first in everything to support Iraq."

"SS: U.S. Defense Secretary Ashton Carter, he actually said that he’s very concerned about Iranian involvement in Iraq in the fight against the Islamic State. So, you’d think Islamic State is a common threat to everybody, like you’ve said, so shouldn’t you be getting any help that you could get? Why should America be so agitated about Iran helping you?

MSAG: As I said, it is: ISIS is a threat to everybody, of course, it’s a threat to Iran. We have border for more than 1200 km with Iran, Iran feels the threat is very close, and more than for any other country – so they share this threat and so they helped us. We welcome any help, so we don’t want to get involved in conflict between some countries. As a country we would like to see ourselves out of any polarization in the region, between Iran and other countries, we want to liberate our territory. We want to defend our sovereignty, so we’re welcoming any country to help us. We don’t care about the polarization in the area, we want to have a policy not to interfere into any country’s policy or the conflict between other countries in the region. We want to see ourselves as unified and our territory, sovereignty is kept away from this polarization."

Our thoughts go out to Iraqis in their fight against ISIS monkeys

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Not the first time tribe/corrupt families have been helpful to the Wahhabis. I do not see Iran as the big savior in this situation but neither the big villain in this.

I like any soul who follow the golden rule and that will automatically include both Jews, Sunni muslim and Shia muslim and Sufi. But at the same time I can criticize Muhammad on a logical level for making this mess (or Uthman changing the teachings of Muhammad since I cannot really know what Muhammad taught only what the Quran say he taught). If the legacy Muhammad/Uthman left behind had been a better no Wahhabi could ever use Muhammad:s teaching to cause harm.

In Christian faith it is Paul who screw everything up and Yeshuas true brilliance (the mystic mind who saw beyond) is lost.
edit on 28-5-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

Israel has ordered everyone to hate Iran and many people fall for their propaganda but, we should remember that Iran has been an ally in the past to the West and has never threatened any Western country. It has been the other way round via sanctions etc.

People don't seem to realise that with a 'marriage' however odd between Shia and Sunni, this could be the gel that unites the muslim world and stops it destroying itself. That is dangerous because then the united muslims would turn on non-muslims everywhere. This is the one alliance that is a true threat to the west but I doubt, because of vested interests, any of the greedy politicians will see the possible threat this means to all of us and some of them especially.

Islam like the other desert religions was written down long after the actual events. Anyone who realises how much they forget within a week, let alone tens of years, is stupidly deluding themselves as to the genuine accuracy of what was originally taught. All religions have the role of uniting armies with soft words to pacify the women - their role is hardly honourable or honest.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I find it interesting that the Iraqi Army has been fighting back ISIS for over 18 months. Than suddenly Ramadi get taken and all the sudden you hear and see video on the news of Iraqi forces fleeing in droves even though they outnumber ISIS fighters. I guess they just lost the stomach for it huh?

I read the other day claims by Iraqi officials that the only time "Iraq" receives any real type of air power is when ISIS approaches Kurdish territory. Any other time it's ammo and weapons drop to ISIS. Hmmmm

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

It would seem that some in the neighborhood are coming to the conclusion that the infected areas will have to be seriously dealt with . This may be a good thing in healing some of the relationships . This is a good vid I watched and the tone seems to be similar .

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
here is an interesting article...

Iran Declared “Iran Today Has Become An empire As It Was Throughout History And Its Capital Now Is Baghdad In Iraq”

By Shoebat Foundation on March 8, 2015 in Featured, General, Highlight

You heard it right, Tehran is declaring that Baghdad in Iraq is its capital, not Tehran.

shoebat.com...

and in response a lot of noise is being made in Turkey about the resurrection of an Ottoman empire

but I find that Baghdad being chosen as the Persian empires unified HQ quite "end-times-ish"

top topics

join