It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Automatic Writing (shhhh, it really does happen)!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Automatic writing or psychography is an alleged psychic ability allowing a person to produce written words without consciously writing. The words are claimed to arise from a subconscious, spiritual or supernatural source.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now you are here in this place at this moment in time because you have an open mind to possibilities of all kind and you are willing to think out side the box. Me too. Now what I am going to put forth here is done in the most sincere manner and is not in any way meant to be humorous(maybe a little) or sarcastic. I am not trolling and looking for silly arguments about whether or not Automatic Writing is possible, I am stating for a certainty it does and it happens to me regularly.

I do not have any one particular entity that I channel and I have absolutely no control over it when it does happen. I have gone to sleep many times and woken up the next day to find my computer on and something written on it that I have no clue where it came from. Not all of it is actually understandable because it reads like gibberish to me and sometimes it makes perfect sense to me.

I do not share these actual occurrences when they do happen, unless I think it will help someone to get an answer they have been looking for. There have been people close to me, family and friends (even acquaintances) are not immune, where I have gotten information about their lives and told them things they could only look at me like I am nuts.

I do not blame them, but they do usually nod their head yes! They got an answer to something that was bothering them. This is not me suggesting that I am a psychic, only that for some reason entities find it easy to enter my subconscious mind and relay information through me about various topics. I get information that helps me all the time, it is not just about other people.

Some will call it intuition and that happens too, but the writing, that doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it just blows me away. There are some people that go into a trance when they autowrite, that doesn't happen to me very often, but there have been times when I will be sitting at my computer thinking about something and the next thing I know I have written an idea or article for who knows how long it takes me and I will look up and there it is and the time will just have fast forwarded without me realizing it, poof 3 hours and I have no idea.

Stop right there. I do not do drugs and I am not under psychiatric supervision and I do not drink alcohol, so no, none of those things you think right now are possible. I do not blame you if you think I am nuts, I would too if I were you, maybe, but this has happened to me many times and there is really no explanation other than to say what it feels like to me, it feels like an out of body experience, where I am detached from the body I am in and I am inhabiting another entity for periods of time.

Schizophrenia? I guess it is possible, but I don't see things in my waking life like that beautiful mind guy, I don't hear voices in my head arguing with each other, do this don't do that, well okay, maybe normal me does have that sometimes, but don't we all
with moral dilemmas on the horizon everyday question our own sanity from time to time.

This isn't that, this is the absolute feeling that I have been transformed into something else independent of my conscious being. Now, I could use this as an excuse for some of the things I write in here and I even half joked to someone recently in private that maybe I auto-wrote something recently, but no, I have not shared anything here that I was not completely aware of, yet!

If I did without knowing that would be a nifty trick to though, huh? Stop it! I mean it! No. I did not auto write this OP, it just seems like I did!
Anyone else here at ATS have similar experiences with this phenomena?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualKat33

yes, absolutely - wrote several manuscripts of beautiful, poetic spiritually focused material. It started as an overwhelming "itch" to write something - and when I put pen to paper (no computer for this kind of writing) I never really knew what the topic would be or what would be written or how it would flow/end.

In the beginning, I heard a word or two in my mind's ear, which made it very slow, but so incredibly interesting as I had no idea where it was leading, and after the fact was blown away by the beauty of the words, the thoughts and the lessons.

Over time, it got faster and faster, until I could barely write fast enough.

I'm not a big believer of the validity of so-called channelers. I think most who have published "books" are in it for the $$ and/or to feel "special" in some way, spiritually "gifted." Sometimes I think those who "channel" are really channeling random disincarnate beings who aren't really wise or spiritual - on those days that I may believe in that stuff.

It happened to me, over the course of a few years, mostly when I sat outside on my porch. Filled several spiral notebooks.
I was not zoned out - I was fully aware of the writing and "listened" for the words, consciously, actively. But either those words were given to me or they came out of my subconscious mind and were squeezed out into my conscious mind. Not sure.

But every word, every sentence I wrote was perfect. No scribbles, no thinking, no unnecessary words, no self-editing, no rambling. It was awesome. Every "chapter" was about a page and a half of handwritten words on an 8 1/2 x 11 spiral ruled notebook. Each was a complete, beautiful lesson or example about a metaphysical/spiritual concept - mostly about humankind, it's evolution, nature, animals, symbolism, beliefs, community, etc.

Someday I will self publish this collection. The people I've shared some of the writings with have been quite moved and touched in a positive way.

And, funny thing is, I write as part of my job and for creative outlet. These writings do not reflect my voice, my style, my cadence at all.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I apologize for my ignorance in advance, couldn't read all those words on a simple subject.

I've had automatic writing; when I traveled across the planet to a foreign country, where the Inland people spoke old language, that was completely alien to me.

The woman who did the writing for me, could not communicate with me, I'm from Canada she is from deep in land norway.

After the writing I gave her my exchange and went on my way to have it translated. The indivdual I was with, was a Norwegian national, and she had a hard time translating the old Norske to her modern Norske, then even to English.

After the translation, I was shocked this woman described things only I could possibly known, I never told anyone ever, do to possible redicule.

The "psychic" confirmed things throughout my child hood, and things I meditated on throughout my life journey that was impossible to know as I never shared such things.

I belive it. Have the entire transmission written in Norwegian, in my night stand.

Thanks for sharing, will read OP later

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Thank you all for sharing, this is AMAZING and I believe all of your accounts. I have contemplated trying my hand at this but I am hesitant. It is very interesting though.
And Galadriel, I would Love to read what you have written; keep us posted on whenever you publish your work! ^_^

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I've only ever written one thing without being consciously aware of it. It was right after I graduated high-school, I woke up one morning and found a poem on the table in my own handwriting. I have absolutely atrocious handwriting, so unless a graphologist broke into my house, I'm completely sure I wrote it. The content of the poem made no sense to me though, I couldn't think of anyone that would fit as the subject. At the time, it didn't occur to me that the subject of the poem could be me.

It took me almost 13 years to figure that out, and only slightly longer to figure out who sent the message. They actually got me to call them on the phone, without knowing it was them at the time. That wasn't even their best prank on me either, but that's a long story and probably not suitable for this forum...

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

There was a period in the late nineties where I going through spiral notebooks like crazy transcribing notes. Being somewhat of a writer myself, I did entertain the idea of automatic writing coming forth. Just pen to paper and the words flowed.

I had one journal that kept a very clear line of thought, which was very interesting.....one moment it would be short stories, then skip a line, then mathematical equations, skip a line, doodles, another skipped line and it would be a political opinion or thought experiment. Sometimes the margins of the pages would be littered with short haiku's or simple meanderings.

I would wake up, walk down to the coffeehouse with my books, grab a cup an just write non-stop for hours. It was a very zen like moment of my life, and one of the most enjoyable ones to date.

One night I even tried having a dialogue with 'myself' and produced some very interesting back and forths.

I should also note that each train of thought had it's own unique handwriting style.

Sadly, the bulk of those journals disappeared before I ever had a chance to really absorb and muse over what was being written. Never had the opportunity to piece the puzzle together. I have very little memory of the subject mattter that was covered outside of vague generalities.

These days it's very difficult to for me to recreate the environment both internally and externally that lead to that amazing bulk of information and material...most of the time I try to write and I'm instantly greeted with a mental block. Either a solid wall of inability to write at all, or else whatever it coming through me is poorly formed in some aspect. Too look at my recent journals would be like trying to read a struggling illiterate dyslexic, the handwriting is poor and misshapen and struggles for coherency.

I find the only way I can write these days is via ATS (the format here facilitates the work) or else I spend hours trying to get anything into a word processor....and it has to be a particular font or simply I can't write at all.

The mind is a strange thing indeed, and while I cannot verify if this phenomena is a subconscious up welling or aspects of my singular mind alone, it is always fascinating to see how the mind can manifest works - be it 'divinely inspired', 'alien transmissions', 'ghost writing', what have you....as long as no harm comes to the one performing the work, I am not inclined to argue over the semantics of what we call it.

It's definitely been an interesting interpersonal journey and I always look forward to reading the final product once the words start flowing of their own accord. I confess that if I could go back in time I would grab those old journals and bring them back with me in a heartbeat. Just for the record of that time frame.

And just for the record....I might be crazy, but at least I'm enjoying life.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Hey OP: I've both experienced this and automatic speaking: otherwise known as speaking in tongues.

When I am under great stress and pain, I frequently speak if a forgotten language. I don't think it is nonsense, as my automatic writing wasn't, either, but a language not understood for it has been forgotten, over the years.

There are many possible explanations for this, from certain technologies that may induce it to past lives experienced to mental illness, such as schizophrenia. My brain, however, on CT scan does not test positive for schizophrenia.
Everyone must realize that the conditions apparent, medically, for a positive diagnosis for schizophrenia these days, necessarily involve a certain pathology apparent on CT scan.

Link

Diagnosis
A doctor must make a diagnosis of schizophrenia on the basis of a standardized list of outwardly observable symptoms, not on the basis of internal psychological processes. There are no specific laboratory tests that can be used to diagnose schizophrenia. Researchers have, however, discovered that patients with schizophrenia have certain abnormalities in the structure and functioning of the brain compared to normal test subjects. These discoveries have been made with the help of imaging techniques such as computed tomography scans (CT scans).

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Galadriel

Thanks you for sharing your experience, good to know I am not alone at least. I did not make it clear in my OP, but not everything I write ends up on my computer, I, too have notebooks with things in them that I do not remember writing. I am not a journalist, but I do enjoy writing about spiritual experiences and I do indulge in fantasy, but most of what I write is steeped in factual accounts of my own life experiences and incarnations from other lives that I have been able to "see" independently of this auto writing experience. Some day, I too hope to publish my own experiences.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MidNight sun

You are welcome. I did not or do not consciously try to do this though! I do believe my spiritual being is accessible and therefore it allows me to be a conduit of sorts, but I did not just decide to do this. I do think you would be capable if you are in that place subconsciously where you clear the clutter from this world and focus on the ethereal dimension your soul frequents during your sleep time.

Now, you can do what is called dream programming. This is where you will meditate before you go to bed, drink a glass of water (this helps the process, water is a conduit and hydrates you), and you can ask your higher power for answers to specific questions. You, also, must make sure to tell the conscious you to make a concerted effort to remember upon wakening, have a tape recorder handy or a paper and pen.

I have done this many times, but it is not the same as what happens to me with the auto writing.
edit on 5 28 2015 by spiritualKat33 because: OCD...obsessive cat disorder!

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CretumOrbis

Thanks for sharing! Feel free to share more details if you care to and this OP is fair game for any subject as far as I am concerned! What you found was in your own handwriting? So, did a sleep writing? Also, a bit different but interesting just the same. Amazing that it only happened that one time and never again since. Must have had some very important information to remember.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Thanks for sharing! Interesting how being on ATS has that effect on you. Is this the only site you frequent? You certainly did not have any writer block in your reply, or did you? How long did it take you to write this response and did you cut and paste or did you enter it all here? In your recollection of your past writings were you ever asleep and woke up to find you had written something that you did not remember writing? Did you ever get information to share with others about their life?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Never had the pleasure of the auto speaking experience, at least not in my waking life that I am aware of, some of the auto writing I have done appears to be in language I do not consciously know, but that does not mean I did not understand it from a past life or that it didn't still mean something according to the entity that decided to share it. I do think that I get information from my soul that is from past and future lives, but I do not always recognize that to be the case with the auto writing.

When I do dream programming and I ask my higher power for guidance, then I am more certain what I am remembering in my conscious state pertains directly to me.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing!

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualKat33
a reply to: tetra50

Never had the pleasure of the auto speaking experience, at least not in my waking life that I am aware of, some of the auto writing I have done appears to be in language I do not consciously know, but that does not mean I did not understand it from a past life or that it didn't still mean something according to the entity that decided to share it. I do think that I get information from my soul that is from past and future lives, but I do not always recognize that to be the case with the auto writing.

When I do dream programming and I ask my higher power for guidance, then I am more certain what I am remembering in my conscious state pertains directly to me.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing!

Thanks for writing a welcoming thread in which I felt free to share such a thing….
tet

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Yes I knew someone who did automatic writing
It was done with pen and paper ... way before the internet
What was written has since been a guiding light for me and others who knew this lady

She described herself as a scribe who channelled the source

You have a gift ... I am sure you will use it wisely

edit on 28-5-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Thank you and I have and will continue to do so! Is this lady you speak off someone that you still keep in touch with? Does she still do this?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The lady I speak of passed over 25 years ago
She also did automatic speaking ... answering any question asked of her
Eventually she became as the higher intelligence she channelled ... all was then natural in that way
She then taught others how to use their own higher intelligence if you follow me ?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Well then I am saddened to know this and ecstatic for her! I am glad you and those that knew her had the benefit of sharing her gift!

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I never had much luck with automatic writing, but I did do an automatic painting right before i did a reading for someone who the painting was partly for. I had no idea until they saw it, I only knew it meant something very important, was a very strange and scary experience, and I would trance out while holding the brush.

Ended up creating several threads over it due to it's content and some of the meaning I got out of it.
But I never had much luck with words and automatic writing although I tried off and on for several years,
it was just not my thing.

I have wondered in the past if I have auto-typed though.
I'll get a guide thought and it will just rush out on the keyboard,
so I guess that could be considered a form of automatic writing?
It doesn't happen often.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Sure sometimes we get something that pops into are head and we just have to get it out, that happens to me often. The auto-writing is a complete different ball of wax for me. It is never something I try to do consciously, the only time I get these kind of answers consciously is when I do dream programming on purpose.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I have never had that happen.

But then to me it would almost be like channeling. I made a conscious choice many years ago to never do physical channeling/mediumship as I don't really want anything to control me or my body parts other than myself.
Spirit has respected that for the most part.

I find it a fascinating subject though!

When I was trying it, I was (looking back now at it) trying to force it out.
Probably a big part of why I never could.

It seems everyone can excel in certain talents,
but not all are for everyone.

Automatic writing is a neat talent!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join