It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim world reacts to Obama's latest speech

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
It was a funny video mocking Obama.

Not surprised that there would be people defending him and disputing the clip.

I *heart* Obama

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The video was a lie and based on false pretenses. It's not about defending Obama, it's about calling a spade a spade and standing up for what is right when people lie for political purposes.

It's sad when reason and truth takes a backseat to humor and lies for a political agenda.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: 727Sky
a reply to: southernplayalistic

It's not the subtitles that are actually the issue here. The real issue is how the viewers of that video interpret the message and the intent of the person that posted said video.

The point i'm trying to make is, i understand what you're trying to say. What i'm trying to say is, i really don't think it's that serious. But i do understand there are those that will hop on the bandwagon and be enraged.

I'd be enraged with Obama, but it's far passed that point. And not because of a funny video, but because of reality.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It was funny.

Might I make a wee suggestion and not take it so seriously?

I know it's Emperor Obama and we must not make jest of his royal self, but save the beatings and the lashings for a later time.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Many people think crime in the big U.S. cities is a bigger threat than CO2.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Greathouse

I do have a sense of humor, bu this was not meant to be humourous. It was meant to cause outrage within the ignorant masses. The proof is in the poster's very own comments on YT.

Also, if this is just humor, why is it in the Political Madness forum?

Seems to me that the Joke forum or the hoax forum is more suitable.

Again your answer is in the descriptions you keep referring to. It's pretty simple, if I did not know the definition of Poe's law I would have looked it up before I commented.

Poe's law is an internet adage which states that, without a clear indicator of the author's intent, parodies of extremism are indistinguishable from sincere expressions of extremism. Poe's Law implies that parody will often be mistaken for sincere belief, and sincere beliefs for parody.

The key word in that definition is parodies.

par·o·dy
ˈperədē/
noun
an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect.
"the movie is a parody of the horror genre"
synonyms: satire, burlesque, lampoon, pastiche, caricature, imitation, mockery; More
verb
produce a humorously exaggerated imitation of (a writer, artist, or genre).
"his specialty was parodying schoolgirl fiction"

Now read the last line of Poe's Law then you will understand why people aren't agreeing with you.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I *heart* Obama

And this is why, my friends, the founding fathers did not want everyone to vote.

Lol

carry on you. carry on. Im retiring to mexico... what is your escape plan?
edit on 27-5-2015 by Legman because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

ISIS will invent CO3.

(hashtag that for a lark and see where it goes)

link   
a reply to: beezzer

I'd be much more light-hearted about it if people weren't so quick to take it to the next political level...as you did in this post.

I *heart* Obama

So tell me, is this about humor....or a cheap attempt to make a political statement?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Legman

I *heart* Obama

And this is why, my friends, the founding fathers did not want everyone to vote.

Lol

carry on you. carry on. Im retiring to mexico... what is your escape plan?

Selling out and becoming one of the 1%.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Legman

This is not what is being said guys.

I still recognize some arabic words and phrases and they were not in the subtitles.

Pretty damn funny though.

The arabic word for daughter sounds like bidt-nat (or fitahing for my girl)(I think)... Its not in the bicep clip... a few others as well as I noticed.

Btw climate change very well could be our biggest military threat. Starving people in droughts with armies... they fight. Thats what history says.

Oh please, save it!

Don't even try to save Obama's sorry butt - it's clear to anyone Obama's an idiot.

Threat ? ISIS murdering women and children right now = threat, not the %^& weather!

Seriously?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Nothing cheap.

Some just can't stand to see Obama mocked.

Um, like you.

(Lighten up, Francis)

link   
Lol/// why do my friends call at full of nutters?

jaja I still ove all of you. Its a fun read. I retire from this thread

OBAMA IS SATAN, OBAMA WAS BORN IN SAUDI. OBAMA IS THE ANIT-CHRIST! , OBAMA WILL DESTROY THE NATION!

I fit in now here?

lol

adios

link   

a reply to: xuenchen

ISIS will invent CO3.

(hashtag that for a lark and see where it goes)

Sooo, according to Odumbo, if ISIS cuts peoples' head off, not the most serious military threat.

But if ISIS terrorist fart so produce more "greenhouse gas", that's a military threat ?

That settles it - Obama's a Manchurian Candidate controlled by The Onion.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Nothing cheap.

Um, like you.

(Lighten up, Francis)

I couldn't care less about Obama and him being mocked. What I do care about is petty pot-shots from the ignorant galley that have nothing better to do than to fall for propaganda and lies.

Not sure if you will understand, but it's about the principle and honesty.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Amen brother. Obama isnt working for the USA though...a reply to: Greathouse

Pres. Obama won't publicly admit it, but he has been advised that putting US troops on the ground against ISIS will convince a million more fanatical Sunnis to join them and there will be too much American blood spilled in the biggest disaster in history. He doesn't want to this on his presidential history page. Pres. Obama is truly a wise man, that's why I voted for him twice. And let's not forget that it was the petroleum profiteering Bush Dynasty that caused this situation to unfold in the first place.

edit on 27-5-2015 by Gianfar because: grammar

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Gianfar

We got a couple of professional trolls in this thread.
edit on 28-5-2015 by southernplayalistic because: "We" as in you, Gianfar

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Nothing cheap.

Um, like you.

(Lighten up, Francis)

I couldn't care less about Obama and him being mocked. What I do care about is petty pot-shots from the ignorant galley that have nothing better to do than to fall for propaganda and lies.

Not sure if you will understand, but it's about the principle and honesty.

Me thinks you need to go back to your favorite hide out and introvert yourself; not get wrapped around a video that seems to have really upset you... For that I am sorry you clicked this thread... Better luck next time.

For those who found the video funny as I did thanks for taking the time to comment.. Kindred hearts and all that..

Introvert Noun
a shy person.
Psychology. a person characterized by concern primarily with his or her own thoughts and feelings (opposed to extrovert ).

edit on 28-5-2015 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

I would never trust anything that is translated by Memri.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I think that translation was fake. Seemed like some ultra conservative from states did that for "fun" (propaganda). Might be that it actually shows the level of media bias in middle east, but it doesn't make sense to me why would some middle east guys have a mindset of some right wing US "patriots". And the point Obama makes seems valid. I don't say that terrorism, war etc wouldn't be threats ALSO, but climate change may in future be fueling all those other traditional threats and create few other of its own. There sure is something fishy going on in the world but im quite sure that it is not Obama being "un-American" or even antichrist, as latest polls show some 15% of Americans seem to think.
If u guys are in conspiracy theories you have to ask yourselfs how does some ludacris idea like that come so popular. It almost seems like someone is feeding the fire (of ignorance, insecurity, pure racism) with gasoline. But where could we find these agitators..?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The actual Joke of this video is that Obama is 100% correct.

Some of the stuff being posted is so stupid it's painful. For starters take a step back and really ask yourself where the "Military threat" to the United States actually is?

HERE IS A BOTTOM LINE... Global Warming IS a threat... Obama's not stupid Why in hell are we getting involved as defender and care taker of nations that are absolutely Screwed anyway....

Think People... think, think, think use your heads...

The Middle E, sure there is Oil (we don't actually "need" it) but aside from the ethnic bs... it's ALREADY 120 degrees in the shade, these are some of the first places to go lol, it's lowland in regards to sea rise, if any place will wax hot to a degree it's absolutely unlivable... Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Kuwait... if the ethnic crap isn't bad enough, if their laws weren't impossible to truly have a society that's modern in, if they didn't already have massive food shortages and hardly any water, if they could ever get along with each other for five minutes... they are first on the "to hit" orders of Global Warming

WTF is Isis ever going to amount to? Why would we want any more responsibility in Iraq? If it gets crazy...we SELL weapons and the neighbors will be buying... how does us coming to the aid at our expense "help" us? What are they going to do? order rubber boats on Ebay?

Now we mess with China? Why? What does China want? The Philippines Mackerel stash? Taiwan (which is all Chinese) They want what? The South China Sea (Their Gulf of Mexico) who gives a crap.....

Global Warming, here we go again... The Philippines lets keep it from China because you know, we get something from the Philippines worth paying for every freaking super Typhoon and Tsunami that runs through there, maybe we should be concerned about other "hot as F" places like Vietnam and Burma pay for them too when they get even hotter and more violent and everyone goes crazy...

Obama is right let China have every hotter than hell place that is going to suck so "China" can loose a bundle for the Oil "it needs" 10x more than us and the Gas "it needs" to modernize past COAL which is the only "bad" thing China does to us, we have to breath that crap at the beach in California because they don't have enough "real" fuel and we have freakin Elon Musk lol

There is no gain to be had intervening via war in the crappiest, hottest, most horrifically affected by global warming in the world ... it's bad enough that we will have to pay Canada for water for the South West eventually and we are stuck with Florida and Louisiana lol...

aside from oil which we "do not need" what the hell do we gain from these swamps and dry hemorrhoid locations? Not money... they are all being where they are going to cost more than they are worth and make us enemies with the Nations that will remain stable and have "stuff" we need... like an actual economy and govt that wont collapse randomly in 2 years anyway the minute you think it's okay to do business.

Isis... where is this "kid" going lol... If nations were people the Islamic State will one day be... a convicted Felon that dies in a fire while under house arrest before the age of 15, Iraq is DOOMED, it's never getting better...

Here is what we have to say to them the conversation has to go a little like this "uhr, sorry whoopsie daisy, kinda was our fault but we gotta go make sure very American has Ice Cream because it's a little hotter here too... yeah cha, I realize it's 149 F by you but look on the bright side, those Isis guys can only fight between December 3rd and January 14th now and at the rate your all dying well soon everybody left will have water again... hang in there, maybe we'll stop by one decade and have Iced lattes, peace"

I joke...

But hear what i'm saying.

Obama is right Global Warming IS a threat, we need infrastructure to handle it which costs money, power, water pipelines... (not reeeeaaaalllllly all that much by an American budget) BUT... if we are spending it, fighting and going broke in the nations that ARE going to suffer the most, that don't have a chance anyway...yeah that's "how" Global warming becomes our biggest threat...

The guy "get's it" pull out, let other nations shoulder the cost for their neighbors, let them buy the weapons from us at profit not fight for them at expense and use the money on air conditioned super trains....

The threat to America from Global warming?

Trying to economically shoulder the burden of nations all around the world that

A: wont survive long anyway
B: Can be someone else's financial and military burden draining their economy not ours
C: using money to prop up other places, places that weren't even functional before global warming in the first instead of places like...Florida

Threats if left alone or if any body else "gets a hold of them"

Rofl... it's already started in these places, these are the nations that won't survive, the fighting and internal war... even the few of these nightmare locations that have "things" that might be useful... there isn't shiz but a couple of years further pumping at best before it's so chaotic even trying isn't worth it... it isn't worth it already mainly. Let China have the S China sea, it doesn't lead to WW3 with the USA it leads to China surviving to trade with us, the Island nations are doomed without a strong China... fishing rights, natural gas.... business as usual but be realistic the Philippines is a spot that is going to be battered, battered and battered at least with the gas reserves China can send rescue boats... not even joking

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join