It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you don't learn from the Past you are deemed to Repeat it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Part of the fall of the Babylonian, Greece and Roman Empires were preceded by open homosexuality practiced by not just the people but their politicians.

As we see Homosexuality become the normal sexual practice we will see the decline in the Moral fabric of all the nations.

Ireland nor America will survive the De-Moralization of the people just like the empires of the past.

Looks like man has not learned from the past and is now repeating it.

edit on 27-5-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

You really want to try and link homosexuality as the cause of the fall of those empires?

Think you are missing a couple other key factors as to why they fell.

(post by atslagsifnotmember removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Homosexuality has existed since the beginning of man.

Maybe, just maybe Empires have a finite period in history and other Empires rise out of the ashes?

When you expand your Empire, you need to ensure that you get your logistics right, otherwise you are asking for trouble. So, maybe it's logistics and planning that's to blame?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

it was part of the cause and its moral issues of that day are linked directly. Find some older world history books and do some reading for yourself.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: atslagsifnotmember

I said nothing against homosexuality I merely pointed out that prior to the fall of these great empires open homosexuality prevailed.

true but it was not always open and in your face and when it became that it preceded the downfall of nations.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Sorry to burst your bubble but homosexuality was a non factor to the fall of these civilizations. Just having a very basic knowledge of history could clear this up for you.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

true but logistics is not the only cause the fall is always a myriad of situations. It is amazing to see that this one thing as well as logistics along with what is termed decadence was part of the fall. When people speak of decadence the practice of homosexuality is part of it.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: PeachesNCream

ignore it if you want but it was there in the fall of these nations.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Maybe every civilization that promotes freedoms are doomed to fail.

Perhaps the longest lasting ones are civilizations that are built on tyranny and oppression.

Ghengis Khan, Alexander, Rome. . . massive civilizations. Massive control.

Brutality.
Suppression.
Slavery.
Cruelty.

All of these outlast any society based on freedom and kindness.

Humans are a barbaric species. We are just the same as we were 2, 3, 4 thousand years ago.

We haven't evolved.

Our tools have.

And the strongest, the meanest, the cruelest of society have always risen to power. The meaner they are, the longer their tyranny lasts.

Homosexuality is just a symptom. Might as well place freedom of religion as a marker for a dissolution of society.

Just my 2 cents.

Interesting topic.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Your ignoring history. Lets use Rome because i always found the history interesting. Over expansion is what killed them. The army was spread too thin and the visigoths were able to sack rome (more than once). Where do homosexuals come into play?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
please understand traditional moral fabric of these empires deteriorated in such a way that as pointed out erred logistic decisions were made as well as openly immoral practices not just of sexuality but murder and theft.

Look at America and tell me these are not taking place.

Look forward to the fundamental change that has taken place

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: PeachesNCream

all society have a multiple level of why they fail it was not just over expansion. Over expansion allowed them to be broken from within.

But there were lot of signs leading to that which included the tear in the moral fabric of these empires.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Has not America over expanded its policing abilities just as Rome did.

Then look at the other issues of that day that America today is also engaging in.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I agree

Rome controlled what was believed to be Christianity via the Roman Catholic church. during and after their empire collapse their Religion was being questioned and rebelled against.

edit on 27-5-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I feel like I've seen this post before.

See what I did there? See? Do you see it?

Aaahhhhhh, whatever.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Should your title not read doomed to repeat as opposed to "deemed to Repeat"?

People should be free to marry who ever they wish.

Look at it this way all those homosexual fellows doing there thing are essentially less competition for you. So that alone increasing the chances of closed minded people such as yourself actually having a chance with a woman thus allowing you to achieve your biological imperative.

edit on 27-5-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

So, explain to us, from a sociological stand point, how homosexuality influences human societies and can make empires fall. Give us some science.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I would say that while there is a grain of truth to your observation, the whole of the cause and effect can be stated more clearly thusly...

When government wields the threat of state violence or concerns itself in any official way against the private non-violent non-criminal behavior of its citizens exercised in private, there is no longer a free society.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Yes I know the history, homosexuality had nothing to do with the falls.

Homosexuality comes up pretty low, unless you are coming from the religious stand point.

I think war, inflation, corruption are much bigger causes of the fall of those once great empires.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join