It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're finally going to Jupiter!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Let me guess, not one of the 9 instruments will be able to give us a "yes" or "no" answer on the question of life.

It seems like they never include the right instruments that would answer the questions. The current Mars rovers can't tell us if there is life on Mars because ... they don't have the instruments to do so! They're looking for signs of water, not life.

My theory? We know life exists on Mars and we're stalling. The same will happen with Europa. They're going to send a probe to basically say the same things they've said about it for ages. "Yep, confirms what we thought, again".

Jesus, aren't there any scientists at NASA that want exciting discoveries?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Exactly MM- they should have gone with Bill Stones project if they wanted to get the real prize of underwater life on Europa IMO.
Nasa are being cautious,or just not telling the whole story maybe.

How cool would that be in the ocean of Europa?
They should have stuck with that project..

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

NASA needs to generate excitement, they need more funding. If they get more funding, then they can study magnetic fields and other "boring" stuff.

In order to get an exciting discovery all over the news, they need to be looking for life -- go big or go home NASA!

God, why can't they just let me be in charge for a day? *sigh*

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Friendly Mod reminder...

If you want to talk about WW2, go find a thread about it.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

NASA needs to generate excitement, they need more funding. If they get more funding, then they can study magnetic fields and other "boring" stuff.

In order to get an exciting discovery all over the news, they need to be looking for life -- go big or go home NASA!

God, why can't they just let me be in charge for a day? *sigh*

Its amazing(and heart breaking) what has become of the space program isn't it?
When the cold war was in the balance,the space race was the major factor.
Now its either all secret black projects or cuts in funding.

The only real hope now for mass civilian space travel is the corporate sector merging with NASA,as they are doing,just like in the sci fi dystopian future we seem to be making for our planet.
Does our imagination create our reality?
I think it does.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Yup, we're headed for a world just like that in the Ridley Scott "Aliens" movies. A corporation will control all off-world space travel.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Yeah, I wasn't really aware of the Juno mission, so my thread should really be titled "We're finally going to Europa!"
But Juno's photocamera will take a very limited number of images, which will not include any of the moons. Only the poles and atmosphere of Jupiter will be imaged with high resolution. en.wikipedia.org...

@MystikMushroom - what kind of instrument would give a definite "yes" or "no" concerning the presence of life on other planets or moons? I'd very much like to hear about that, as I'm sure would all the scientists involved in this research.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
THIS. IS. AWESOME.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Strap on a five-pack of RS-25's and we could be there in a matter of months. Of course the instruments will be on a time-delay so NASA can edit out extraterrestrials, their craft, and bases on Europa.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join