It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are you an ATS member?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: socketdude

What was the dumbest thing u came across?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

I stumbled onto the site after a friend and I had a ufo sighting.
For the first 2 years after,I was obsessed with any info I could get my hands on and ats always seemed to pop up when I was skimming the net so I joined.
I was terrified at first but found my rhythm and here I am 7 years later.

This is one of the,if not THE best forums on the planet and I have met a lot of awesome people through the years.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Usually, there's a far out thread, you know, "proof" of something amazing. It gets debunked after either on the first page, or second. Yet you still get folk, replying to the thread, "WOW! AWESOME!! S&F!!!" - proving that they didn't bother reading the thread at all.

That's probably a pet hate of mine, people screwing up the flag system because they are too lazy to actually read the thread.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

You know with the UFO:

First you have a sigthing, next is the "contact", then Abduction !

Cool story so what did you guys see?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Then: i was interested in details on a wide range of topics that ATS caters to. ATS was very exciting at the time because of all the Mars rovers images and all the staring at rocks that was going on.

Then came Wikileaks and the age of the private intelligence agent. Soon after you had Anon and the various sec groups. And since then the world of conspiracy has been destroyed and replaced by politics.

Now: its almost impossible to find something new to read about. So I play the part of skeptic now (which is a change from 8 years ago).

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

What was THE one primary reason that brought you to join the very first time..

For the LOLs of course. This place is a treasure trove of entertainment given the variations of the human psyche that can be found here.
Doom pron is a hoot & the religulous threads are beyond compare. I ask you, where else can you find such stimuli outside of a Mel Blanc cinematic extravaganza?

K~

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

More than anything else, I am a member here because this place offers me an opportunity to match wits with intellectual people, free of obsession over titles and paper qualifications, and in an open, frank, and comprehensively quality oriented atmosphere, and manner. The variety of topics discussed here allows my mind to be occupied with many different subjects at once, which I find beneficial to my ability to think laterally, and sharpens and updates my general knowledge base, and helps improve recall capacity to boot.

I have always been interested in things like politics, the sciences, and also the implications these things have on our daily lives, and further, on the future of our species. However, before joining I had few routes by which I could explore these things by way of discussion, since my acquaintances locally have little to no interest in the meat of these subjects. This was frustrating to me, since I value the ability to think, and felt starved of nourishment intellectually for some years before signing up for an account here. I believe I came to the site originally to discuss the subject of UFOs, after having seen something I could not explain at the time (which turned out to be Chinese lanterns in the end). But I stayed for the quality of the forums here, and the intelligence and knowledge of the user base.

Furthermore, the sheer amount of raw data available here, from statistics to numerical data pertaining to field testing, and specific experimental set ups like the LHC, mission data from shuttle missions and other spacefaring projects, is impressive. There is no way to encompass in a succinct format, the sheer scale of the stores of information held on this site, and I find that very helpful indeed.

I cannot tell you how much I value the chance I have been given, by becoming a member here, to keep my mind active and receptive, to always have something new to question, to discuss answers to the big questions, and come up with new ways to frame my understanding of everything from the chaotic order of the universe itself, to the pettiness and the madness of the things we do as a species living in it. This place has kept my mind well oiled, and has allowed me insights into the nature of things which I have found to be vital to moving through life from a position of awareness, rather than a position of total oblivion. I cannot thank the membership, the moderators, or indeed the Owners and staff of this site enough, for offering this environment in which to exercise my mind, and share the results with others. It has been a singular honour thus far, and I look forward to many more years yet, sparring with and sharing with this beautiful, marvellous, intelligent, and informed member base.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I first joined after lurking for a while due to my interest in alternative theories about mankind's history, along with an interest in cryptozoology and news that you don't hear on any MSM outlets.

I love having my imagination and desire to learn sparked within me, and I love putting on my sleuthing hat and digging into stories to find the "truth" about them (some truth evades us).

Sadly, though, I'm realizing that this site is populated with what seems to be a mainstream-thinking (and often very judgmental) group of members, and it's making the enjoyment of the site more elusive as time ticks by. I remain because, even if member comments are irritating from time to time, the information from threads can be very enlightening, and it's hard to find that enlightenment from other places.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

What was THE one primary reason that brought you to join the very first time..

I came here while researching the claims of Bob Lazar. For those who don't know, he's a guy who in the 80's, came out saying that he actually worked on reverse engineering a flying saucer, near Area 51 (and this was pretty much when the base was still a secret). While there are a lot of problems with his facts, and other discrepancies, it really does seem like some power went through a lot of effort to discredit the guy. Add to this, that he simply knew things he wouldn't have known unless he was there, and there is a real compelling story here. My gut feeling is that he was telling the truth, although with embellishment. This conclusion is despite other evidence, but that's that.

Anyhoo...once here, I found discussions on all kinds of other subjects, not just UFOs, that fascinated me, and some very intelligent posters, so I've been here ever since. I usually consider myself a smart guy, and I score WAY higher on IQ tests than I believe I should, but even then...there are quite a few here way more intelligent than I, LOL. And I love reading what they have to say on favorite topics. Oddly enough, I've debated with these folks, and they may not even really know how much I respect or value what they have to say. They force me to really support my stance on something.

And when news breaks, I know I'll get the real skinny here. Heck, during the hunt for the Boston Bomber suspects, I came here and heard police radios in real time looking for them. During the recent protest riots, I came here and watched history happen right in front of me. I was hearing what was actually happening while CNN just showed images on the screen.

Simply put, this site seems like the only place I can go to really know what the hell is going on.....

The JFK ..The CIA? so what do you think now.

Since the original person didn't answer this one, I'll chime in my take on it. Personally, I believe JFK was taken out by the Shadow Government...those powers that are really in control of our country (while Presidents come and go), and those that conspire with the leadership of other main powers to forward their own global agendas. Simply put, JFK wasn't playing ball, so they took him out of the game, using the CIA to plant a patsy in Oswald, while the real assassins took him out from the infamous "grassy knoll"....

No matter how you slice it, you simply can't believe the Warren Commission conclusion with a straight face.

edit on 26-5-2015 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

what in the world is Wikileaks?!?
One day I am reading an article on-line the Sunday Herald Sun.. Now I am assuming this is meant to be a proper Australian people newspaper. Reading the trans pacific partnership.. Discussing a serious topic the article goes on saying the specific details of the TPP are still confidential but some information will be realeased on Wikileaks let's say at the end of the month..

From memory I only saw WW3 scenarios on Wikileaks. So I can not imagine Obama or Abbott coming from a conference hoping onto an iPad writing on Wikileaks.. What is going on?
edit on 26-5-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

lol what the?

The strange day Bugs Bunny saved the life of Mel Blanc..

I don't know how to put pictures in:/

I wished I could insert this lol

cdn8.openculture.com...

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I wish I could give a flower or something of ur preferred choice for the sweet sentimental deep insightful beautiful reply.

Weird thing is about you that despite not knowing much at all about you just a fraction from the tiny pieces i have read and obviously never meeting you in person.. I feel like you could say jack s nothing in my presence or send an empty reply here on ATS and I would still say yeah I "feel" this dude or something hella weird in that sense..

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Me, I have many reasons why I am a member:

1) I love reading what other people think on topics
2) I get frustrated with MSM who mostly get it wrong and ATS get it right
3) I usually find out more information from other members than anything I've ever read on the internet / books etc, they're an insightful bunch
4) I mostly lurk, get involved in a few things if I have time, do a bit of research for fellow members if I can
5) I live in UAE and Media is somewhat censored so I like to come on here and read what like minded people think of the goings on in the world.
6) As poster above said, you can watch history unfold in front of you eyes (the good and bad) I also sat in front of my computer for hours a day listening to the police channels when the hint for Boston bomber was going on surreal and sad at same time.

I enjoy the banter, news, conspiracies, short stories and the unexplained I have always been fascinated with the unexplained since I was a child and my dad bought me a subscription to something like unexplained mysteries (cant remember the full name), Roswell kicked off my interest as a kid in believing more goes on in our world than we are ever told.

edit on 26-5-2015 by civpop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
What???? has hefficide been banned too, that's a big bum bum I really liked reading what hefficide had to say. For sure I am no shill, not even sure what the word means exactly, all this internet jargon makes my old skool brain work hardcore. reply to: n00bUK

Nope, thankfully. The King of bacon is still here. In fact, Heff has a recent thread up that's been pretty lively.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
What???? has hefficide been banned too, that's a big bum bum I really liked reading what hefficide had to say. For sure I am no shill, not even sure what the word means exactly, all this internet jargon makes my old skool brain work hardcore. reply to: n00bUK

Nope, thankfully. The King of bacon is still here. In fact, Heff has a recent thread up that's been pretty lively.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

So what is your favorite(?) mankind theory .. Ok, jeez...cryptozoology... I just had a quick look..

The Pope Lick Monster, Kentucky
Isn't Sanders from there?

boingboing.net...

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Ok
Robert Scott Lazar is officially added to short list of new favorites, loved the crazy (in a good way) short intro I read here..

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Don't you just wish these people(mainly the still alive ones) would just come here to have a chat? Bob you know we are talking about you!!

Now I wonder who writes this wiki stuff.. given you can just log in an edit the stuff..

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I came to collect all the flags and stars....and the cookies....chocolate chip yummm.

and inspiration for my screenplays and scripts.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Be it believable to others or not...

I came here because I have direct knowledge of an event that took place in Minot and I searched it to garner what public releases (if any) had been made...and found this site

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I am glad that my post history has instilled this positive feeling in you MimiSa, and I appreciate your taking the time to say so! I really needed that today particularly, for reasons that I would rather not go into. Suffice to say, thank you very much for making me smile!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join