It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Indictment on our Society. How pathetic can we get.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I sometimes add to the fun in 'Post A Funny (T&C Friendly) Pic Part III: The LOL Strikes Back!' Here

Sometimes the overwhelming number of funny cat pics gets to me and I throw in a couple of doggy ones just to balance it out a bit. I was going to put the following photo in, but the photo got to me.

Think about this for a moment please. Our Politicians make the law. Judges judge the law and the Police police the law.

Then we have this ....

How pathetic is our legal system when this can even happen. How can an animal be sworn in ... let alone on the Bible. On the one hand it is funny, it is funny because it is so damn stupid.

Take a minute to contemplate how far our legal system has fallen when this image can be real.

What cretin of a Judge would allow this. Why is the Officer of the Court not staring down the Judge saying, "You want me to do what?"

It is just incomprehensible that our system of Justice would even contemplate this stupidity.

What is next? How much lower can we go. Thankfully, the Pope has declared that our pets go to Heaven. I am a bit confused if all pets go to heaven or just the Catholic ones. Is there a dog catcher in heaven and what if my lifetime's number of dogs don't get on.

Are our Judges this stupid? Is our legal system this stupid?

A dog is not a Police Officer, it is a weapon. It is also a tracker. They do a great job and help enormously. They are cute and lovable.

But this. This is an insult to us and it is an insult to the Bible. It is just too much.

P

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
That dog ... well to me ... he looks like a RACIST!!

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Some things simply just stop my brain.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

and it takes a good joke to jump start it again

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
That dog ... well to me ... he looks like a RACIST!!

He can't be, he is black!

P

edit on 26/5/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

How pathetic is our legal system when this can even happen. How can an animal be sworn in ... let alone on the Bible. On the one hand it is funny, it is funny because it is so damn stupid.

You know what's really funny. Or stupid?
Your spin.
www.youtube.com...

Pitman, New Jersey Swears-In the Police Department's "Very First" Police K-9 Dog on December 8, 2014. K-9 Ranger is named after a Fallen Army Ranger, Sandrino Plutino who was killed by enemy gunfire in Afghanistan back in 2011. K-9 Ranger places his paw on the Bible as the Mayor administers the Oath of Office.

Happy Memorial Day.

He can't be, he is black!
Hyuck hyuck. Good one. I get it. It's funny cuz the dog is black like black people. Right?

Yup. You're a real good thinker all right.

edit on 5/26/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Maybe the judge is dyslexic and thought the Bible is a book about a Dog.

edit on 26-5-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You know what's really funny. Or stupid? Your spin. www.youtube.com... Pitman, New Jersey Swears-In the Police Department's "Very First" Police K-9 Dog on December 8, 2014. K-9 Ranger is named after a Fallen Army Ranger, Sandrino Plutino who was killed by enemy gunfire in Afghanistan back in 2011. K-9 Ranger places his paw on the Bible as the Mayor administers the Oath of Office.

They are swearing in a dog.

It is lovely that the dog is named after a fallen Ranger. The term we use in Australia is "Lest We Forget"

Our fallen heroes are deeply respected in my country and by me personally.

Never the less, you can not swear in a dog!

Nice try to spin the thread into something other than what it is.

P

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

On the one hand it is funny

Do you not mean on the other paw it is funny?

Pawdon me for the pun.

I have exactly the same dog 'Belgium Malinois Shepherd' and the only thing holy about him is my sons shoe! :

Give him a bible... or anything as a matter of fact and he will reduce it to shreds in minutes...

He is definately not a believer... Only this Saturday we had a lot of hikers walking past our house and one of them included our local parish vicar... Oh how I laughed as the vicar was scared out of his hiking boots when the dog pounced at the garden gate barking his head off as he clomped by...

Warmest

Nibs

Ps. Oh how that woman saying "this is too cute" annoys me!
edit on 26-5-2015 by Nibbles because: Phrase added

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Never the less, you can not swear in a dog!

That's right. The dog was not being sworn in. It was not a trial and there was no judge.

It denigrated nothing and it was a small honor to a fallen soldier. And you spin it into a comment on the state of our society. Your "dog is black" comment is a stronger statement on that than this was.

A thinker who seems to have knee jerk posted an opportunistic image without bothering to research it. A thinker who seems to have jumped to incorrect conclusions about that image. Perhaps because you thought it supports your "position." That's real good thinking there.

Hyuck hyuck
edit on 5/26/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Agreed too Phage that there was no judge...

However...

Take a deep breath and bite your lip respected member, not everyone has the same line of thought as yourself and might feel that your pertinent comments are conflictual.

I see where you are coming from though.

Warmest and kindest respects.

Nibs

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
If your dog is wagging its tail "suspiciously" they'll just shoot it, and say they were in fear for their life.

If you retaliate against a police dog for gnawing at your face, you're assaulting a fellow officer.

And the dog has more loyalty to man than those who supposedly "protect and serve."

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

If you must attack then attack the ideas .... not the poster.

P

edit on 26/5/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
even the dog looks like "you gotta be effin kidding me"

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
About legal insanity and crazy laws.

Here in the UK, a person can have their M/F sex legally altered on paper to that which they 'feel' regardless of that which they genetically and physically are.

On the birth certificates of Elton John's sperm and egg donor children, guess who is named as their mother? His partner John Furnish.

How ridiculous it is that gay 'rights' have trampled over the law and set precedents of potentially litigious and social chaos.

Churches have been legally forced to gay marriages despite their principles that frown upon it.

These comments are not homophobia before the rabid hordes of screaming extreme left wing lunatics appear. As I have said before, despite accusations to the contrary, I couldn't care less about gay people having legal equal rights and being able to marry or if they want to think of themselves as something they aren't (men as mothers / other genders) but forcing the law into considering their needs as above the rest, altering legal principles and legally forcing people believing their delusions is a step too far. As is forcing religions into altering their constitutions to suit them.

Could you imagine the outrage if any other activist group tried this? How about people that think themselves as asexual aliens forcing a legal definition of M /F/ None / Alien / reptile or demanding that they are recognised by the Muslim religion and married as a 'reptile couple', and demanding people call them reptiles even though they aren't or asexual even though they aren't.

How much did the registrar believe when Elton Johns children's birth certificates were being written, they probably questioned John Furnish as their mother as anyone in their right mind would. How about the rights of mothers or children knowing they have a biological mother. If a man tells you he is a woman just because he thinks he is, do you just believe it? I don't and won't but legally that person can demand being called that just because they want to, or had some of their physical body superficially altered or took hormones, they are still genetically and internally the sex they were born. If a man tells you he is the mother of a child do you just believe it or do you question it?

I am all for equality but not at the expense of REALITY.

www.dailymail.co.uk... ml
edit on 26-5-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It becomes really funny when you understand that the "human beings" - as they call themselves - who stand around the dog are also animals who play around as judges, or cops etc., with clothes and all that !

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I think your outrage is manufactured. It has nothing to do with the facts of the situation. It's a humorous little vignette, not to be taken seriously, and if it's an "indictment on society", it only shows that people love dogs and can have fun with them. That's an indictment I can deal with, as I have fun with mine all the time.

Beautiful Mal, though! Yours is, too, Nibbles!

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

It's idolatry. Idolatry, trophies and pride are common in police culture. That's why they take pictures of their kills.

It's more than criminal.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Thanks BH.

And he is only 8 months old...

Right... back to looking for my lost slippers!

Warmest

Nibs

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Maybe the judge is dyslexic and thought the Bible is a book about a Dog.

LOL

SO HELP ME DOG

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join