It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Vigil-a young mans memorial day tribute

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The best 7 mins i can remember watching

This young man embodies the spirit , of what we use to be, of how we should feel for those who have given their lives in the armed services....

Forget the politics, forget all the other BS....

The men and women who are sent over there, fight for those next to them, die for those next to them, so that those same men can go home to their families....we need to love that about them, and hate the agenda they are sent there for....

THere was a time in this country, when we were righteous, we fought the wars that HAD to be fought, that NEEDED to be fought....

We need to return there, we need to bring this country back to a place where good men lay down their lives to stop tyrants...

Not to futher politics.......

We need to put an end to the Machine that would have us fight and die to protect resources or further agendas.......

There was a time when that flag flew over ANY region, that those who fought along side us were bolstered with hope,resolve and determination....and our enemies shook in fear, knowing that the righteous hand was about to be laid upon them....

Its time as Americans we restore that standard.....

I have served many many tours in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan.....I have served with Rangers, Airforce, ran ops with SEALS, and aided Delta..

...I have lost many friends....I have saved a few and been saved.....

But this child.......

This one......

IS MY HERO!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Righteous hand? Shirley you jest?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Once lend-lease had bled Britain dry and the russkies had did all the heavy lifting all that was left was the dry run for a series of john wayne movies. nice try though.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: kenzohattori69

its clear you forget your history....alas this thread isnt about your ideas of war....your ideas on what America is today......

Or your bias.....

Its about saluting those who died trying to do the right thing........

So if you have no respect, make your own thread on how horrible it is we honor our vets and get the hell off mine

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

What I liked about that most, is the fact that this young boy, rather than spending his day playing video games or doing something else trivial like most youth (and adults alike) today, he chose to do something meaningful, honoring those that have allowed for him to grow up in a great (although troubled) nation!

I think it is commendable to look back at the past, and see it for what it was, respecting those we've lost on the way, and recognizing what went wrong, I just hope one day, we will have actually learned from all these traumatic experiences, so my future grandchildren will be able to look back at our collective struggles as a species and go "poor people" rather than "poor Americans" (or any other nationality for that matter)

In the long run, your average human being wants the same thing you do, to live happily with the ones they love...

Thanks for the share, especially the trumpet joining at the end gave me shills

edit on 25-5-2015 by HalfLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: HalfLeaf

so agreed brother so agreed!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: kenzohattori69
Once lend-lease had bled Britain dry and the russkies had did all the heavy lifting all that was left was the dry run for a series of john wayne movies. nice try though.

I am guessing that you are not complaining about how long it took for us to enter the second world war.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

-Mark Twain

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Look what you did to me ATS, I'll leave it in there, but instead of the trumpet giving me chills, it gave me SHILLS

edit on 25-5-2015 by HalfLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Wars have always been about politics, even the world ones.
But that is not the fault of the troops that go over.
We can remember them.
edit on thMon, 25 May 2015 18:40:19 -0500America/Chicago520151980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalfLeaf
Look what you did to me ATS, I'll leave it in there, but instead of the trumpet giving me chills, it gave me SHILLS

Was wondering if you'd notice that lol....

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Sad that this thread cannot get attention of the american people but those that deal with BS can .....

My god what does that say about the state of affairs here in the US

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask Which history would that be? The one where Japan sued for peace and got nuked anyways, not once but twice. The firebombing of Dresden really deserves a salute or two. Ra ra 'merica. 200 plus years of imperialistic war under the guise of "national interest" and you dumb rednecks still think you are righteous.

top topics

join