It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About 85'000 antelope dead in just a few days...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 25 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
news.nationalpost.com...

Authorities in Kazakhstan says around one-third of the endangered saiga antelope population in this Central Asian nation has mysteriously died off in the last few days. Kazakhstan’s agriculture ministry said Friday the number of saiga that have died may have reached 85,000. The ministry says it suspects the animals, which are recognizable for their distinctive humped snout, may have been struck by an epidemic of pasteurellosis caused by a bacterial infection. Officials say international veterinarian experts have been flown to Kazakhstan to study other possible causes for the catastrophic die-off. The number of saiga plummeted in the 1990s as a result of poaching. At the latest Kazakh government count in 2014, the saiga population stood at 257,000. Saiga are also found in smaller numbers in parts of Russia.

That is just incredible to me.
edit on 25-5-2015 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

Edit: Huh? I originally posted this in the Pandemic&Disease section. No idea why it got moved here ?
edit on 25-5-2015 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Eagleyedobserver That is terrible
Thanks for letting us know. (as for section, maybe the other is for humans? Or more widespread than 1 smaller country?)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Eagleyedobserver

I hope they are looking into other possibilities as well, such as some sort of chemical or biological weapon, or the like. In any case, that's a lot of antelope!

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Wow 85K!?

Antelope is not some small animal, and are herbivore! Less chance of disease.. especially on this scale.

As is, I can't come to terms with bacterial epidemic. That's nuts..

All these animal die offs out of the blue, in recent years? But antelope is an eye opener.

I'm Kazakhstan, people were just falling into deep slumbers last year or earlier, was that ever figured out?

What is happening in Kazakhstan?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

85000 is 1/3? So x 3 is about 390,000 of them as an "endangered" species in that location?
edit on 25-5-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
Wow 85K!?

Antelope is not some small animal, and are herbivore! Less chance of disease.. especially on this scale.

As is, I can't come to terms with bacterial epidemic. That's nuts..

All these animal die offs out of the blue, in recent years? But antelope is an eye opener.

I'm Kazakhstan, people were just falling into deep slumbers last year or earlier, was that ever figured out?

What is happening in Kazakhstan?

there are tons of bacteria on the grass, tree and in the soil from which they eat, one of which is strepococi.

edit on 25-5-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Im quite aware of microbiology and it's roll in the universe friend, thanks for enlightening me.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
maybe the reason aliens live in space is because they learned living on a planet adversly affects natural wildlife? BUt we arent to blame, space travel and living takes time, its the meeting point of possibilities that are probably problematic. #toomanydoomfuturemovies

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I really hope this has nothing to do with bio weapons but it was my first thought:

WHY THE U.S. IS BUILDING A HIGH-TECH BUBONIC PLAGUE LAB IN KAZAKHSTAN (Popular Science)

Kazakhstan's new Central Reference Laboratory will partly replace the aging buildings nearby where the USSR kept some of its finest potential bioweapons--and where scientists study those powerful pathogens today. When it opens in September 2015, the $102-million project laboratory is meant to serve as a Central Asian way station for a global war on dangerous disease. And as a project under that Pentagon program, the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, the lab will be built, and some of its early operation funded, by American taxpayers.

Sooo... it could be linked to soviet times bioweapons research or present day/future U.S.-bioweapons research.

"We're looking forward to this becoming a regional training facility focused both on human and animal infections,"

If it is indeed related to the antelope mass deaths - and so close to the (official) September 2015 opening of the U.S. led facility it may even be intentional to draw attention and point fingers in this new escalating cold war. Kazakhstan has borders with Russia, China, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

85000 is 1/3? So x 3 is about 390,000 of them as an "endangered" species in that location?

At the latest Kazakh government count in 2014, the saiga population stood at 257,000.

3 x 85000=255000

The saiga (Saiga tatarica) is a critically endangered antelope

Dang Chinese medicine is one reason...

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

You need to invest in s calculator my friend.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
That is crazy, I don't know much about them, but if they live in herds that that can really spread a disease fast. Hope that whatever is causing this they can find out the problem and contain it

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I am assuming this may have something to do with the Eurasian plate adjustment.This area is pulling apart!

This adjustment caused the methane release and subsequent explosion as noted here:

siberiantimes.com...

The link below explains how the sleepy hollow syndrome came to be (in Kazakstan) again caused by plate movement.

poleshift.ning.com...

So I am suspecting this die-off may well be related to plate movement and methane release.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

What a sad thing, its horrible and touches a nerve within most of us when something like this happens. It also teaches us how vulnerable we ourselves are. Terrible for the people who live with these animals to see this.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well done for bringing this up OP! It caught my attention as well.

This is another example of methane poisoning due to breaks in the rock strata and extreme tectonic plate adjustment,allowing gasses to release.

I've cut and pasted this post I've made on FB (below) In a group dedicated to Planet X and the poleshift.

-----------------------------------------------------

A few days ago a mass animal die-off occurred in Kazakhstan.The estimate made was around 85,000 Saiga Antelope.

www.nationalpost.com...//news/world/one-third-of-endangered-saiga-antelope-mysteriously-die-off-in-a-few-da ys-up-to-85000-dead

This area is on the forefront of the tearing of the Eurasian plate and has seen numerous incidents due to this adjustment explained by ZT (examples below)

When I heard of this latest die-off,It caught my attention,as it was an unusual amount of large animals and not to mention the location.I posed the question to Zetatalk and received a response:
poleshift.ning.com...

Here is a previous ZT relating to Methane Flash:
www.zetatalk.com...

This incident also occurred in Kazakhstan and was dubbed Sleepy Hollow.This also falls back to the moving plates,explained in this ZT.
www.zetatalk.com...

This sinkhole incident in the Urals occurred late last year at a similar date to the methane explosion (also in the Urals) noted in the ZT mentioned above.
rt.com...

Karst formations are usually the areas prone to sinkholes and I have included a map showing where these areas are around the globe~ETA-no map~

www.usgs.gov...

www.zetatalk.com...

Sinkholes on the rise blog at the Ning is updated as I'm sure many of you Guys may be familiar with.
poleshift.ning.com...

edit on 26-5-2015 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: [poleft st=19383441]Misterlondon[/post]

I have a calculator....but 85,000 is 1/3 of the total estimate in that location? That still makes a bunch left?

UP Michigan only has a few wolves left....and I believe the last known wolverine died a few years back in Mich-the wolverine state.

I know 85,000 is a huge loss.....

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

So, more likely is is caused by that, than not! Yikes! That's some deadly stuff, to work so fast, too.

I've got a bad feeling about this.....

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

There is quite a history of remarkable saiga death events in Kazakhstan:

saiga mass death in Kazakhstanwas registered in 1981, 1984, 1988, 2010 and 2011. Inthe territory of former Turgai oblast in May 1981about 100 000 of the species died and in May 1988 –about 270 000 animals died (Aikimbayev, 1985). InMay 1984 more than 100 000 saigas died(Martinevskiy, 2001). In May 2010 more than 12thousand animals died
Life Science Journal 2014;11(6)

The 1988 event according to some sources was even more dramatic:

In May 1988, over the course of only about an hour, approximately 500,000 saiga antelope suddenly dropped dead in the Turgay steppes northeast of the Aral Sea
Disaster by Design: The Aral Sea and Its Lessons for Sustainability

That claim just sounds way crazy. 500,000 dead - WITHIN AN HOUR???

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

You almost have to wonder if the numbers are real. If they are, then it's even more bizarre! How, too, if they are so endangered, could they survive this many mass kills, from whatever cause?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Did they bottle neck at some point in their history making all the surviving individuals very closely related? That would make it much easier for something to wipe out large numbers of the remaining population.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join