It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Put the Crown Face Image on Mars Through Photo Editing And This Is What I Got

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I took this image....

and ran it through apps.pixlr.com... and applied the light and contrast to the image just to see what would happen....and something did happen....This...

I marked areas of interest, and it was very interesting. Let me explain a bit about this, everyone who has ever done any type of art, whether by hand drawing or graphics based knows that one very fundamental rule is to have light and shadow contrast with tone. That's why every art student has to draw the circle to learn shading, because that is what makes a 2D object look 3D.

As the Crown Face image is really 2D, I knew that by the light and contrast that if the image shown was natural landscape then there should be no other information coming from the picture. However, what happened is that not only now do you see the indentation of the side of the nose, a pupil is present in the left eye. Not only that, the curve of the nose is now contrasted.

I think if it is mere natural landscape then there should be no recognizable imagery if the photo is upside down..so here it is....

I really am not inclined to say at this point that this is mere landscape because the proportions are too well defined, the eye has a pupil and the nose has an indentation.

But the debate will go on between skeptics and believers. I really, really am having a hard time thinking this is a natural formation. Either NASA is tricking us, or someone, somewhere, somehow made this on Mars.

I did not manipulate this image other than just applying light and contrast which you can see for yourself if you go to pixlr.

+11 more 
posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy
Do you have a hard time believing this is a natural formation?
taobabe.files.wordpress.com...
edit on 5/24/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I know where you're going with this but I won't let the balloon out of the bag.
edit on 24-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Do you have a hard time believing this is a natural formation?
taobabe.files.wordpress.com...

Yep, I sure do.

There are things that are less explainable the more I see.

Sure, it might seem like pareidolia, but pareidolia doesn't always cause you to see perfect proportions. Not only did I see a face, but I saw shoulders.

+9 more 
posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

How about now?
2.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: Phage

I know where you're going with this but I won't let the balloon out of the bag.

Save the helium for yourself.

Pareidolia has to be proven first.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

How about now?
2.bp.blogspot.com...

Yep. Still see the shoulders.

You might say it is just rocks, well yes, it is made from rocks.

Either way, pareidolia or natural formation has to be proven either way and it is simply awesome that we can see this all the way here on Earth.

But can you explain to me the indentation of the nose, the curve of the nose and the pupil that is now obvious?
edit on 5/24/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
"Best Pareidolia pics I have ever seen"
www.abovetopsecret.com...
a timely thread

just sayin

+18 more 
posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
So you applied filters to a picture that vaguely looks like a face, in order to bring out the features that make it vaguely resemble a face in the first place....and you're surprised that it vaguely looks like a face?

Too bad it's still a natural formation.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danbones
"Best Pareidolia pics I have ever seen"
www.abovetopsecret.com...
a timely thread

just sayin

Did you know that pareidolia is actually an art device? Bet you didn't know.

And did you know the Rohrshach test is also pareidolia?

From Leonardo daVinci

If you look at any walls spotted with various stains or with a mixture of different kinds of stones, if you are about to invent some scene you will be able to see in it a resemblance to various different landscapes adorned with mountains, rivers, rocks, trees, plains, wide valleys, and various groups of hills. You will also be able to see divers combats and figures in quick movement, and strange expressions of faces, and outlandish costumes, and an infinite number of things which you can then reduce into separate and well conceived forms.”

Maybe it's because I am seeing something you aren't and that's what makes me special?

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
So you applied filters to a picture that vaguely looks like a face, in order to bring out the features that make it vaguely resemble a face in the first place....and you're surprised that it vaguely looks like a face?

Too bad it's still a natural formation.

I was trying to see if it didn't look like a face, that's why I applied filters. I was trying to debunk it myself.

But the pupil couldn't escape from me, because that is what every statue's pupil looks like and seems really strange that if it were a natural formation, then it naturally formed it perfectly and proportional.

+10 more 
posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Maybe it's because I am seeing something you aren't and that's what makes me special?

You aren't special. I can see it too.
Thing is, humans are pretty much hardwired to see faces. Even where there isn't one. Not just faces. That doesn't mean it isn't a natural formation.
planet1051.com...

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

awww warmin i like you, but i know your gonna get flamed for this thread. If the lady wants to see faces let her see faces people, keep being an artist never let it die, unfortunately i did a long time ago but i can still lay day a good sketch if i spend time.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Those beings native to Mars would be "natural" to the planet, so for once, we agree!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

You aren't special. I can see it too.
Thing is, humans are pretty much hardwired to see faces. Even where there isn't one. Not just faces. That doesn't mean it isn't a natural formation.
planet1051.com...

No, I am not more special.

I simply wanted to see if it was really what it looked like. It looks more like it than before.

But I said how I did it and everyone who wants also to see it, go to pixler and look. BTW, that dog image is 2D, the Crown Face is 3D.

Perfect 3D proportions, that's what really makes me see it. Sorry if that doesn't sound reasonable to you, but usually pareidolia found in pictures are still 2D. There should have been no other information in the picture if it were 2D.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

You are a kind soul.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

In your OP pic, I even saw an impact crater dimple in the chin. Just saying...

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

No, I am not more special.

I didn't say you were more special.

BTW, have you looked for better images? That one is really pretty bad.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

awww warmin i like you, but i know your gonna get flamed for this thread. If the lady wants to see faces let her see faces people, keep being an artist never let it die, unfortunately i did a long time ago but i can still lay day a good sketch if i spend time.

I knew that I would, but I had to share what I see.

I now use a Wacom Bamboo pen tablet and a good program called MyPaint, that is free.

Anyway, the pupil could not escape me. The indentation of the nose bridge is on both sides and there is a definite columella, with nostrils. That is evident in 3D.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I think to dream is the first step to discovery....

The a%%hats that call "Pareidolia" before even considering the thread are taking the easy "cool" way out.

While I doubt there are faces on mars... Im not going to try and kill the dreamers.

Because guess what? They discover.

Some of "you" put the whole "Ia m cool because I discredited first" thing on ats way too serious. You are fools. Let the people that want to discover, well discover.

lol at all of you as I watch Naked and afraid
edit on 24-5-2015 by Legman because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2015 by Legman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join