It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

interesting cases of high strangeness.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I came across an interesting experiment that was done . Incidentally by a member of the Royal Society, and another on the same vein in a cloud chamber. Suggesting that an elemental electric field exists. Call it soul or astral body, that seems to be the blueprint for matter accumulation, in the forming of a physical body . They seem to be suggestive that matter tends to accumulate around this field in all observable living organisms. Lending credence to the theory, that the true information state, might be nearer to the truth of reality , than any other. www.anomalist.com... Again it might suggest that a truly physical interpretation of the Universe. would be a flawed way to describe it.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Sounds fascinating! I haven't read the link yet but is it similar to aural/Kirlian photography?

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Cricketine

Yes very similar. The experiments seem to suggest that the Kalian's life field was valid, and showed the effect under the UV light of high charge . It would make OOBES valid, along with a lot of other effects, especially in an electrically highly charged environment, during thunderstorms and other electrical fields. Which many reports already suggest.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

very interesting will look into it

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
Lending credence to the theory, that the true information state, might be nearer to the truth of reality , than any other. www.anomalist.com... Again it might suggest that a truly physical interpretation of the Universe. would be a flawed way to describe it.

Thanks for your post - and the link to that interesting article, especially when it questioned if the observer was affecting the experiment in very unexpected ways. Perhaps similarly to the effects of the observer in the quantum double slit experiment?

It is also always funny (in a strange, twisted way) to hear about the cynical criticisms that most scientific-materialists make in terms of discounting all possibility for something beyond this apparently "physical" universe.

Just the fact that this incredibly vast and mysterious universe exists, should at least inspire a healthy agnosticism relative to some things that currently cannot be proven via scientific methodologies - especially when subtle light-matter is clearly suggested as a viable explanation. Unfortunately, any possibility for subtle matter is still typically discounted.

And yet, the subtle body-mind is directly experienced by everyone, everyday, even while awake - the link to it is our feeling, breathing body-mind. For thousands of years people have known the subtle body-mind exists, and it is unfortunate that today so many people discount everything but what the five senses can experience - well at least in the waking state they do.

Probably not long from now, people will be looking at the subtle body-mind as just a given, proven even by science as just a much more subtle form of light-matter, that our current methodologies generally cannot measure.

Those future generations will be laughing about our current dark ages, when scientific-materialism was the world religion rather than just being a generally reliable method for testing hypotheses about the physical world and its properties. In fact, some are laughing (and crying) about this as we speak.

edit on 5/24/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bb23108

You make a valid point, " do expectations alter the result?" Probably, in many ways expectations are necessary for outcomes, we could ask if on a clear night a few expectant persons go looking for UFO etc. and actually find and record them . Or expectant persons gather at a séance expecting a certain outcome for the effort. How independent are the outcomes? if we are all linked in a vast information network, then the individual observer, has lost at least some objectivity , then how subjective is some or all, is the experience . Interesting.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
roughly what percent of the mass of the universe is observable? It is all the spaceas in-between.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Those future generations will be laughing about our current dark ages, when scientific-materialism was the world religion rather than just being a generally reliable method for testing hypotheses about the physical world and its properties. In fact, some are laughing (and crying) about this as we speak.

. I am getting very tired trying to discus Entanglement with people who have been taught physics at universities by professors who cannot handle the Bohr-model and keep going to Einstein with this right glove/left glove idea.

How can people understand quantum theory if they cannot accept that energy and information can teleport from one point in space time to another point in space time without going in the media between the 2 points?

Tired of Materialist saying they are scientific when they prove they are not following the observations and holding onto an idol/image of reality that is proven wrong (in a faith driven religious manner).

I believe when we do really understand quantum field (probability field/synchronicity field) we will be able to understand how all energy manifest/de manifest and the nature on how it manifests. Particles for me is just stable shapes that energy can take depending on the quantum field. The field of probability that controls where the electron will appear in the double slit experiment.

And from my point of view. Part of spirituality is being able to influence the quantum field in the body you are inhabiting. Going to the energized body states and the bliss that can be felt physically.

Namaste
edit on 25-5-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

You make a valid point, " do expectations alter the result?" Probably, in many ways expectations are necessary for outcomes, we could ask if on a clear night a few expectant persons go looking for UFO etc. and actually find and record them . Or expectant persons gather at a séance expecting a certain outcome for the effort. How independent are the outcomes? if we are all linked in a vast information network, then the individual observer, has lost at least some objectivity , then how subjective is some or all, is the experience . Interesting.

Yes, but also not just expectations - but the observation itself. That is what is so interesting about the quantum double slit experiment - it was just an object that was measuring the electron stream. It was not a conscious mind that was doing this direct observing obviously. The measuring device that was "observing" the stream apparently causes the collapse of the electrons' wave function property (present when not being measured) to behave like discrete particles.

It's a fascinating subject - and it is obvious that consciousness is hardly understood or even accepted by most scientific-materialists except as an emergent property of the body-brain complex, which is just another way to discount it rather than admitting we really don't know.

edit on 5/25/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Very freakin' cool, all the way around... Ash seperated salts from incenerated flowers making a "pale Spectre" using body heat below the glass... Soul shadows of murdered mice in a cloud chamber forming at the moment of death, but not staying around if the little guy revived... 2 kinds of Electricity, and one of them is intelligent?

Mind blown... I was hoping for a good read today.. Thank you OP for exposing another rabbit hole for us to fall into... if i could you'd get 5 stars and 5 flags... ATS has been a little to much Isis, Obama, and NWO Takeover lately. While often interesting, i have found it a bit lacking lately in the stuff (like this) that I like to sink my teeth into.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Very very cool. Thanks for the interesting read.
These things remind me of some steam punk sci-fi.
I wonder where Dr. Watters photographs went and all the others' original papers.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

Yes I thought it was a subject well worth a look into . This electrical side shows a lot of promise, especially as by happenstance I was looking at a Doco. that said that after the Columbia tragedy. NASA started reviewing satellite footage, that showed that different thunderstorm cells seemed to be "Talking" even though hundreds of miles apart with synchronised flashes . This has been observed anecdotally by various astronauts, but never studied in depth, which has found it to be a fact . The fact that lightening might show intelligence, opens up an interesting can of worms.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Makes you wonder if the act of the conscious observer, seems to make all wave functions collapse into the state that we call physical reality . Whereby they can never collapse, its just consciousness interpreting a reality within the mental paradigm of linear time to avoid chaos. Since an independent consciousness cant observe it's self, It requires another independent consciousness to do that, which makes real reality, a consensual interpretation of wave function information, which could have many interpretations.IE. many realities, where we as information are indelibly written as a holographic entry , like everything else into the Universal fabric, it has to be something like that as no information can be lost. I wonder if that's what is being observed in the cloud chambers, the hologram, of probabilities in our paradigm.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Can this experiment be repeated and tested? Has it, to anyone's knowledge?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: WASTYT

Can this experiment be repeated and tested? Has it, to anyone's knowledge?

I don't know, but the Wilson chamber was created to detect subatomic ionised particles. If an alpha particle is given off, it shoots through a vapour of water mist or alcohol mist, its path ionises the gas, and then droplets condense on the ionised trail, and the vapour trail expands to the point where we can see, where the minute sub atomic particle went through . If the same principle is applied, then the electro magnetic signature of ghosts/souls/astral / UFO"s etc. Must have an ionising effect in the vaporous gas. Which leaves an imprint in the cloud in much the same way. Its not to far fetched as many reported ghost sightings occur in humid damp weather, many anomalies seem to be around a water source.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Makes you wonder if the act of the conscious observer, seems to make all wave functions collapse into the state that we call physical reality . Whereby they can never collapse, its just consciousness interpreting a reality within the mental paradigm of linear time to avoid chaos. Since an independent consciousness cant observe it's self, It requires another independent consciousness to do that, which makes real reality, a consensual interpretation of wave function information, which could have many interpretations.IE. many realities, where we as information are indelibly written as a holographic entry , like everything else into the Universal fabric, it has to be something like that as no information can be lost. I wonder if that's what is being observed in the cloud chambers, the hologram, of probabilities in our paradigm.

Is there any such thing as an independent consciousness? Or are these body-minds just transmitter-receivers in an unlimited field of Consciousness, in which our apparently individual Awareness (by association with attention) is collapsing the wave form possibilities into an apparent reality? Sounds like the process of perception to me.

And yes, we all have different perceptions of what Reality is, in any given moment. E.g., animals see the same environment quite differently and forms do change - but Absolute Unconditional Reality Itself (Consciousness) never changes.

edit on 5/27/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I would think that their has to be independent consciousness, or at least most of it would have to be independent, because you cant observe yourself. So what is observed is the rest. Its a conundrum because could you actually observe anything unless you were part of it? Its probably like most things, half of one and half of the other, fluid and subject to change.

The non materialist view of consciousness, says that its consciousness that it doesn't only animate matter, it creates the illusion of it in the first place, as an environment to operate in ,along with the illusion of time so that its non chaotic. Whether its normal life dreams or anomalies it still needs a rational linear framework . Consciousness is awareness, once the operational rules are set , I think the non materialist view offers more exiting prospects.

It then states that a non material existence, runs behind the normal, so it runs with a different set of rules, which build the operating environment, the more you look into it. The material viewpoint is just as valid, when using this criteria . So its belief system to augment reality, that's what belief systems do . That's what your stuck with so it might as well be a good one.

Once you have accepted this as the most likely, scenario, rationalising it is easy, and a structure of how it operates becomes the most logical. Reincarnation, becomes more likely not only for human children, but for every other living thing as well, which would suggest that everything is moving to a greater degree of awareness/consciousness, (being used synonimously) . Take this example of the swallows, They arrive every year at roughly the same time, and the Town wants to make it a tourist attraction, and make some money, so they put in electricity, when the birds come they die in droves as they get electrocuted in the wires. The next year hardly any get electrocuted. Either the birds that survived, told the next generation, to avoid the wires, or they were the same birds that new already that if they hit the wires they would die. www.anomalist.com...

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It seems that our awareness only appears individuated because it is associated with an individual body-mind. But once awareness understands this illusion of individuation, it recognizes it is not separate from Consciousness - that which everything is a modification of.

Just like the body-mind appears in a vast space of elemental relatedness, so too does awareness appear in Universal Mind or Consciousness. Awareness is not inside the body-mind. The body-brain-mind is a transmitter-receiver through various physical and non-physical media and the more open it is to all that it arises in, the more it recognizes its inherent connectedness, and even becomes synchronized with the Whole.

Consciousness is NOT separate from anything arising - that is why Consciousness perfectly "Knows" its own conditional modifications, though is not causally related to any of them. Indeed a paradox to our linear minds, but recognizable by our fundamental awareness as true.

It seems to me it is always about recognizing our inherent non-separation from the Whole, Reality Itself. On this basis, the various phenomena of quantum physics seem understandable, even practical. What you described with the birds may possibly be explained by this as well. Cool example. Thanks!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Woah that is mentally enticing!

Read the article, so interesting.. reminds me of this thread on mercury in Mayan chambers..

The thread talks about the possible use if mercury in deep chambers; how the practitioner of a ritual would see formed faces and animations in vapor.

This also brings to thought, de extinction, to bring back extinct species via electric shock stimulation.. I remember reading something about this year's ago, a bit foggy. But this reminds me of it.

What came before matter? Was consciousness before prima materia? Was there electricity before matter? Is the ether or "spirit" / parallel universe related to the electricity that runs through living organisms?

We could have our answers if we a spent less time probing dead planets, and more time and finance in these fields of study.

Fascinating stuff to think about.. thanks for sharing this particular case OP

edit on 27-5-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

No problem, thanks for your input. I found an interesting case that would suggest, that we are all operating on seemingly different levels , at the same time. Its a case of a little girl that gets reincarnated in Vietnam. During her time out of body at her funeral, she talks with her next mother, the child and the new mother both seem to have a slant on the actual moment, the child gets a new body, it might hint at the process . www.anomalist.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join