It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nepal Earthquake footage.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted,couldn't find it.
Look at this crazy footage of the recent earthquake in Nepal-
You can see people getting thrown from side to side for minutes.
I haven't seen such videos from other quakes,although I suppose it must happen.

The people in the video look as though they are on a tilting platform,and the amount they are chucked from side to side is crazy.
Must have been terrifying to be there:

Crazy amount of movement isn't it?
Its a wonder any buildings survived.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Is that birds flying out of the trees?

At the very beginning of the shaking?

That is wild!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Wow. That's akin to being chucked about on a cruise liner in a bad storm...Never knew the Earth below your feet could tilt like that.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I like the western guy whose first instinct, after getting clear of any buildings, is to take pictures.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

I like the western guy whose first instinct, after getting clear of any buildings, is to take pictures.

Yeah,I noticed that guy..
I also noticed how most of the locals tried to grab one another to try to stay on their feet.
Quite a few kids in the video as well-poor things I bet they were crapping their pants.
Many are still too scared to sleep in buildings apparently.
Must have been a real nightmare for them.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I do worry about this region now, greatly. I mean while everyone in the US is thinking about the Big One hitting California, these people are suffering massive destruction and loss of life on a whole other scale. Some of the geologists are saying what we've seen is only the start of what they predict will be a series of large EQ's in the region, the area is under so much tectonic stress that many of them are saying there's more powerful quakes to come and the ones we've seen might only be leading up to the primary event, increasing the stress already on one specific area.

Still, even though it's terrible to see it's important to also recognize the humanity people show in times like this. We only see a minuscule fraction of it in news reports, but all over the region people risk their own lives to help their friends, neighbors, family and even strangers too, every time the ground shakes.

I really hope that this period forces the governments of these countries to start taking the safety of their people seriously too. While governments and the wealthy sit in their secure and safe palaces millions of their own people are living in shacks thrown up with mud and tin, with no basic standards to meet. Corruption is gigantic in these countries, leading to potentially millions of deaths in catastrophes like these. All it would take is enforcement of basic building regulations.

new topics

top topics

join