It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had a dream my son died last night and it's really bothering me.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I've had all sorts of lovely dreams in my lifetime. And I look them up, and they generally correlate with what's going on in my life, so I just continue on. Last night I had an awful dream that my youngest son died. The dream itself wasn't scary of even "bad". It was the emotion of the dream that was so intense.

This dream was nothing too detailed. I was sitting somewhere I didn't recognize in real life and I just knew he died. Then I started crying. I could see myself and I just kept saying that I wish I could go back and hold him. And how much I loved him. He was my baby. And then I also kept saying that it was ok, God would vindicate this.

What?! I'm not really a religious person. So that part is a little strange. And with my personality type, accepting my fate that my child passed away would be far from my true emotion!!! I would be a freaking disaster. I would probably have to check myself in for a while. I'm not sure I would ever recover from something like that.

So I googled death of a child dreams. Mirrors eventhough I didn't see a mirror, reflections, crying, all the main elements of my dream. Nothing really stands out as far as what's going on in my life. I haven't had any major changes or anything.
But it's really bothering me. I've been thinking about it all day. I've had a few of these "snippet" type dreams before that have come true. Where I see something really quick from my future and it happens. And so far, they have all revolved around him. I saw him in my dreams before I gave birth to him. I've had two other dreams about him that have eventually come into fruition. AND IT"S REALLY FREAKING ME OUT!!!

I'm not a pessimistic person, but I'm a realistic person. I've always believed dreams can be warnings. I'm not going to turn into a freak and keep him by me 24/7, but I'm definitely going to keep a little more of an eye on him for a while. He is such a firecracker. He has no fear when it comes to anything. I've always said that I have to keep him on a leash. So maybe it's just me being a little paranoid.

So does anyone have any insight into the themes of my dream?

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: alishainwonderland

Your concern for your child is admirable. I have 2 boys and I worry also. But dreams are also a way of the mind clearing all the detritus of the day.

Love your child regardless. I will even state that it was only a dream and that he will be fine.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Is he starting something new soon? Are you doing something different soon? Death in a dream can often just mean a change of some kind.

Or maybe it's something even more simple and primal than that. Maybe your brain had never consciously considered your child's mortality before, and this was it's way of noticing that that hadn't been thought about before, and was examining the possibility to sort of gauge your reaction. People do this consciously and subconsciously so that if some tragedy should happen, the mind can cope with it. It doesn't mean it's a portent, just a sort of trial run. Best not to dwell on it.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Sometimes I read stuff on here that I don't process right away for various reasons. I've found myself having weird dreams during which I do process some of those things. I have also dreamt of the death of my children and it served as a lesson for me to assess something, whether their health or the quality of their bike helmet, or the quality of their life, for instance. It's gut-wrenching to go through it for sure. If you're the attentive parent that you seem to be, chuck it up to eating Chinese food with MSG, something which always causes me to have these types of dreams.

Our dreams can also play out our fear scenarios. My daughter was a careless runner between the age of 2-4. I can't count the number of dreams I've had of her being hit by a car, yet thankfully it never happened.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

In dreams I had many deaths from different persons, quite often mine too many years ago, and it always had something to do with the 'death' of something in my life. It meant an impacting change in my life but NEVER did it went along with real death of anyone.

Your pic reveals inner peace so keep it that way

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Means a new life for your son.
An aspect of his old is gone, a new aspect of his life is here. It's never bad when you dream death of someone, quite the opposite.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Looks like you made yet another successful prediction.

You are right. Your son is going to die.

Eventually at some unknown time.
edit on 23-5-2015 by socketdude because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

How old is he? Is he about to move out or has he had any recent graduations (or big accomplishment affirming him growing up)? Is he about to embark on a totally new path?

Death can mean all sorts of things in dreams but rarely does it actually mean physical death. Consider that your subconscious likely has far healthier connotations associated with death than we do. This is why death often means a change or transition as opposed to an "end".

If you really believe it's more of a premonition then just be a little more aware of it for a while. It's hard not to become paranoid after something like that but it's important you don't. Paranoia leads to endangerment, itself.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

and here i thought i was unlucky that my dreams are usually black and white and fuzzy like an old television. the most vivid part of my dreams is the emotions. i feel just as intensely asleep as i do awake. so if, for instance, my child or pet or friend were to suffer terribly in my sleep world, my reaction is similar to yours. if your son is near, hug him and sit with him and just reassure yourselves that all is well. what you are feeling is very human and very reasonable. just dont smother him!

edit on 23-5-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

7 of the 8 replies are spot on...
death as a metaphor not as an omen/fate

if he is growing up, it might be a metaphor for his new focus or thoughts about his approaching teenhood or manhood
this dis-entanglement from 'mom' is only of a mind preoccupied with 'self' concerns,
you two are both linked by genetics on several levels

now... if you dreamt of the youngest son in a hospital bed~~ that would not be the 'death' or gulf / separation issue this dream-scape seems to be about...

'cutting the apron strings' might be a better appropriate analogy in contrast to the 'death' meme/symbology you had remembered

edit on rd31143239870723312015 by St Udio because: tidy

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

Sometimes I read stuff on here that I don't process right away for various reasons. I've found myself having weird dreams during which I do process some of those things. I have also dreamt of the death of my children and it served as a lesson for me to assess something, whether their health or the quality of their bike helmet, or the quality of their life, for instance. It's gut-wrenching to go through it for sure. If you're the attentive parent that you seem to be, chuck it up to eating Chinese food with MSG, something which always causes me to have these types of dreams.

Our dreams can also play out our fear scenarios. My daughter was a careless runner between the age of 2-4. I can't count the number of dreams I've had of her being hit by a car, yet thankfully it never happened.

I would take it seriously too. Sometimes when trying to set goals, I feel a danger, feel an accident or loss of a child, and then I spent time praying, intercessions, and try to work out where the danger would come from and second guess this. And I stay with it until the feeling of danger lifts. I believe we get warnings and can help change them.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is why I don't like hocus pocus stuff. Dreams come in all varieties. The fact you think they're real when they're happening is bad enough. But when you wake up and realize they're not real it should be the moment you move on. But sometimes it doesn't happen so easily.

Just accept it's a dream. There's no additional special hocus pocus reason. You don't want dreams to dominate you in this way.

It may be true some dreams are psychic or hocus pocus, but once you open yourself up to that, how do you know it's not just paranoia? What empirical evidence is there your dream was a genuine psychic phenomena?

My suggestion: If science can't support you then don't give it weight. Your judgement alone is not enough. Don't rely on it.
edit on 23-5-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The only time I dreamed that one of my sons died we woke up the next morning and he didn't feel like going to school. He didn't seem too sick but because of my dream I demanded we take him to the Doctor. He had pneumonia and he had nearly died twice before in the hospital due to severe asthma. I feel sure that dream saved him and I thank God for it since we caught it early.

I also dreamed my parents had a car wreck in a town by a certain name. They were planning a cross country trip at the time and it turned out there was a place by that very name on the way they had planned going. They went a different way and nothing bad happened. Can't prove anything but I do feel dreams can be serious warnings if we pay attention.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Don't create a self fulfilling prophecy, every day may be our last.
The question is, what is your best course of action.
Appreciate your son and support him the best you can and then you know you have done your best.
Don't assume the worst, don't overly dramatize, and meditate and pray for the best outcome and the most peaceful resolution.
It is some type of conflict within the self. No one else could likely tell you if it means that your son has a bad outcome, only you, yourself would know this or know that you don't know this to be true.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Means a new life for your son.
An aspect of his old is gone, a new aspect of his life is here. It's never bad when you dream death of someone, quite the opposite.

Was going to post that exact message. And sometimes if you dream of a death , you will hear of a marriage in real life.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Maybe its just a dream. Or maybe as another member stated, the dead is a figurative representation of change. The point of the dream is to prepare yourself for whatever change may come to pass. Maybe God is indeed the answer to your mystery after all.

The only advice I can offer is to believe that Jesus paid for our sins on the cross, and you will overcome death.

In my experience (whether it comes to dreams or prophecy), God often gives you the answer, but leaves you with the task of understanding why that answer is true. Its like an equation with a variable:
5+X=16. So, what is X? In the case of our lives, the equations and variables can be much more complicated, but the principle still applies.

I hope the best for you and your family. I know how burdensome those thoughts can be. Currently, I'm facing the very real possibility of a similar situation. I've already accepted the possble outcome, but it is my family that I worry about.

I recommend that you ask God for the answer.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I had a dream years ago of my son dying. He was in a fire engine, on the back part of a hook n' ladder. This vehicle was performing a rescue and it fell into the water. In the dream I was helpless to save him. I awoke crying gut sobs.

That was over 15 years ago, but as you stated the emotionality of the dream... and the waking... was very heavy on my heart, and this lasted for a while.

But he's fine, and we're great. Life goes on. Enjoy your family.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I had dreams of death, from my parents to my siblings and including my son. For so far, my parents are alive and well and so my siblings and son.

I guess our minds are just something that can play games with us, specially with those that we are the most concerned about.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I noticed that if I have recurring dreams, they usually come true. Some dreams can be really lucid and cause emotional turmoil, but it doesn't mean it will come true.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I just had the same dream about my daughter yesterday and it woke me up middle of the night. I couldnt go sleep back as that incident going in my mind in a sort of infinite loop.I slept next to her and tried to console myself.. nothing like that would happen, or i wont let it happen.
When she was a toddler,, she tried to always go towards trouble, and i tried to imagine all possible ways that she could get into one and protect her. So, i think that act just stayed in my subconscious mind. Now a days.. my wife is taking care of her most of the time, even though she is more protective than me.. its just i feel "doing my way" is better.
I woke up in this middle of night, and searched whether anybody having same experiences. and i found this.
May be i should spend more time with my daughter.

you see this whole human life thing, nature always teach new skills at different stages of life. When i was in my teens i just cared about myself.. never concerned about others. After getting married and having kids.. i turned entirely different. i didnt know that i would be like this. didnt even imagine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join