It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA, RSPCA, Animal Liberation ... WTF?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
www.abc.net.au...

"The allegation was that bad language was used by an employee on the property in front of the sheep, and that they could have been offended by the use of bad language."

"We have accepted that domestic violence can certainly be constituted by acts of extreme verbal abuse, particularly when the victim of the abuse is especially vulnerable - if they have a low fear threshold or they lack understanding that the verbal abuse isn't going to proceed to a physical threat against them.

"This might be the case with children or farm animals, and the level of abuse needn't be that extreme to cause that kind of fear in an animal."

edit on 21/5/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I wish them PETA whiners would go off to Iraq ... naked ... and protest the events that occur with goats in the night.

At least one of the world's problems would end.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
It might sound extreme but I am glad someone is standing up for animals. Shouting at an animal who lives with or around humans to a point that it becomes scared is a bastard move. Not the worst thing in the world but a sign of being a nasty individual in general.

It is really time that animals are being treated as fellow creatures who are far more intelligent that a lot of humans believe. But then it is only those humans who do not really understand that being intelligent and sentient doesn't equal "behaving human like".

I have lived and am living with many different animals and they are all 'people', even the smallest one.
They have characters, quirks and likings. I love it when they are happy, yes they can be happy and they can be depressed, scared and angry. Animals are really great beings, all little adults, capable of living life in the wild or living in harmony with humans alike.

However it takes some insight to notice this. I am all for all animals to be treated in the best way possible, especially when captivated by us. There is absolutely no valid argument against this. If you think animals are just objects, you just lack insight. Which is your shortcoming and not the animal's fault.

No wonder you can judge the amount of civility of a human by how he/she treats an animal.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Well, yes, that is all very nice.

Speaking of nice, animals are nice ..... and tasty.

We keep them penned in so that they are available to us when we want to eat them.

The bottom line. We are predators they are prey. That is a natural order.

Or ... when do we start to throw Lions and Tigers in jail for cruelty to animals. At least we make sure our prey is dead before we start munching on them.

Like all points of view, it can be taken way too far. This happens when the radical elements take over organizations like PETA and the RSPCA.

P

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
It might sound extreme but I am glad someone is standing up for animals. Shouting at an animal who lives with or around humans to a point that it becomes scared is a bastard move. Not the worst thing in the world but a sign of being a nasty individual in general.

It is really time that animals are being treated as fellow creatures who are far more intelligent that a lot of humans believe. But then it is only those humans who do not really understand that being intelligent and sentient doesn't equal "behaving human like".

I have lived and am living with many different animals and they are all 'people', even the smallest one.
They have characters, quirks and likings. I love it when they are happy, yes they can be happy and they can be depressed, scared and angry. Animals are really great beings, all little adults, capable of living life in the wild or living in harmony with humans alike.

However it takes some insight to notice this. I am all for all animals to be treated in the best way possible, especially when captivated by us. There is absolutely no valid argument against this. If you think animals are just objects, you just lack insight. Which is your shortcoming and not the animal's fault.

No wonder you can judge the amount of civility of a human by how he/she treats an animal.

I hope everyone passing through this thread reads that^^
Very well said

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Most of us can agree animal cruelty is bad.

What we will not agree with is PETA's stance that eating meat is evil and everyone in the entire world needs to stop.

If you eat meat, PETA says you are evil.

Yet oddly enough they have murdered over 30,000 animals.

So I can't kill a cow to eat it, but they can kill a dog for no reason at all and dump the body in a dumpster.

www.petakillsanimals.com...

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
So many children in the world are beaten, starved abused and abandoned every day.

But the people of PETA spend their time and energy worrying about whether or not farmer Jones uses four-letter words in front of his chickens.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
(R) SPCA really? How about a bigger message of it's not the bad language, the sheep cannot understand that, but rather that they can sense that it's bad vibes scaring the animal. Or if they were being man handled causes injuries, pain and anxieties? Overall, too bad PETA used to really help out animals for the better. Now days it's more for profit though sensationalism. For shame.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

new topics

top topics

join