It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breakfast Anyone? What tickles your Olfactory nerves?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

A lot of heavy eating on this thread, but for the simple and fast, put an egg or eggs in a pan lightly oiled drop a large flour tortilla on the eggs and rub around to coat. When the eggs are done flip and turn off the heat add salsa and I like crispy lettuce anything else a person likes and roll and go...

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

On the one hand, i am horrified that you would do that to a good tortilla....

....on the other hand, i am intrigued. That sounds like an interesting idea. Kind of like a Mexican food version of "Birds in a nest".

A favorite, quick tortilla food that folks around here do:

Throw some butter in a skillet. As much as you think you want...for me, its usually quite a bit. Let the tortilla start to "fry" in the butter. Slightly crispy around the edges. After you flip it, sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over it while it finishes cooking.

Another one: throw the tortilla on top of the burner (gas only, not electric). Once it starts to get just a little scorched, flip it and lay cheese slices right down the middle. Turn off the burner and trifold the tortilla around the cheese. Voila...instant quesadilla.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Sounds yummy. Put anything on any kind of tortilla if it is vegetarian and I think it is wonderful!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Okay, you inspired to go and make waffles to try out the blackberry syrup that I'd just finished bottling up.
We like breakfast before we go to bed.
But the smell of which you speak---for me it's coffee. If my Beloved arises before me and wants me to get up, all he need do is turn on the coffee.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
On the weekends, I'm usually awake first, so I make a big breakfast for all at the ranch.

Mostly, it's the bacon or sausage cooking that wakes folks up. I alternate between the two, depending on sales at the store, etc.

Always includes eggs from our chickens. Some like it over easy, others scrambled.

Usually, I'll have some kind of bread too, either cinnamon rolls, croissants, or biscuits (again, depends on what was the best deal that week). Or just toast if I'm feeling lazy (though usually even then it is cinnamon toast)

Usually add some hash browns too, whether the premade kind or actually cutting up a lot of potatoes (if I have a bunch onhand) with some diced onion, etc. (this takes a while to cook, so usually what I start on first)

Every once in a while I'll do some pancakes or waffles, but the cleanup is a pain on these, so not too often.

Add some OJ, and it's a pretty good start to the weekend days. Wish I could do it more days during the week.

edit on 22-5-2015 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join