It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could a video predict Obama running as Hillary's VP?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: reldra

The 12th Amendment says:

But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

Obama is constitutionally ineligible to the office of the President, and is not eligible to that of Vice-President
It doesn't.

There is a point of contention regarding the interpretation of the Twelfth Amendment as it relates to the Twenty-second Amendment, ratified in 1951, which prohibits a person from being "elected" President more than twice.

While it is clear that under the Twelfth Amendment the original constitutional qualifications of age, citizenship, and residency apply to both the President and Vice President, it is unclear whether a two-term president could later serve as Vice President. Some argue that the Twenty-second Amendment and Twelfth Amendment both bar any two-term president from later serving as Vice President as well as from succeeding to the presidency from any point in the United States presidential line of succession.[8] Others contend that the Twelfth Amendment concerns qualification for service, while the Twenty-second Amendment concerns qualifications for election, and thus a former two-term president is still eligible to serve as vice president.[

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Go read it again.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Oh God! Horrific thought ... Bush/Clinton - Uniting the Country. Everyone wants bipartisanship. What would be more bipartisan than a mixed ticket.

Can I puke?

Nevermind. I puked anyhow.
Pls go ahead. That is way too much bipartisanship. That would be more like royalty marrying to continue ruling.
edit on 18-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BenevolentHeretic

www.answers.com...

The Twenty-Second Amendment limits Presidents to two terms plus up to half of the term of the President whose Vice President one was. That's a little hard to follow, but what it shakes out to be is that the MAXIMUM time one can now be President is ten years (two 4-year terms as elected President, and 2 years completing the former President's term). However, if someone filled his predecessor's uncompleted term of 2 years and one day, that person could only serve 6 years and a day (one completed term and one elected term).

If someone had already being President for 2 terms (8 years), then he would be ineligble for a third term. Even if there were less than two years remaining to serve, there is an order of succession which doesn't include former Presidents.

Since the Vice President could be called on to assume the duties of President (that's what a "Vice" President is for), someone disqualified for President is also disqualified for Vice President. For example, Bill Clinton could not be Hillary's Vice President if she had more than two years to serve. I suppose that if she was in the last two years of her term and her Vice President dropped out, a la Spiro Agnew, she COULD nominate Bill for Veep and then resign (assuming he was confirmed). I have a hard time imagining that happening, but seemingly, it is possible.

There's nothing in the Constitution to stop former 8-year Presidents from returning to the House or the Senate and there, conceivably, winding up on the succession list (as Speaker of the House or President Pro Tempore of the Senate) or even being a Cabinet member. Perhaps that would suggest a "backdoor" to more Presidency, but I rather think the interpretation would be that such a person would be skipped over in the line of succession. It's extremely unlikely anyway, as once having tasted the Oval Office, all modern Presidents have felt Legislative and Cabinet positions beneath their dignity.

Okay, not sure if the wording in the actual amendment lines up with this answer, but besides that......who the hell wrote these screwy amendments to begin with.....who the hell can actually understand any of it?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree People we elected wrote them and passed them and then we all said WHAT? For many of them.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Yep it is hysterical! Kudos for you for starting this thread...agh....Hillary Pres.....that is a huge joke....it will never happen....then again the Obamoron wasn't supposed to be elected either....no birth cert. never inhaled no brains coke head those are our last 3 choices and now a full fledged lesbian...wow...and they say we elect these people by voting? Not a chance...they did some major backhanded favors to get where they have been and one can only hope they find their way to the dungeon known as hell someday or at least purgatory! Just stay out of my heaven, please!

edit on 18-5-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Yep it is hysterical! Kudos for you for starting this thread...agh....Hillary Pres.....that is a huge joke....it will never happen....then again the Obamoron wasn't supposed to be elected either....no birth cert. never inhaled no brains coke head those are our last 3 choices and now a full fledged lesbian...wow...and they say we elect these people by voting? Not a chance...they did some major backhanded favors to get where they have been and one can only hope they find their way to the dungeon known as hell someday or at least purgatory! Just stay out of my heaven, please!

Hillary has a shady past, for sure. Barack Obama is definitely a US citizen though, as is Hillary. I have no idea if she is a lesbian or not, nor do I care. I don't believe Obama was a cokehead. Thanks for your thanks, but I really don't want to be associated with a post like this.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Yep it is hysterical! Kudos for you for starting this thread...agh....Hillary Pres.....that is a huge joke....it will never happen....

IDK if this off topic or not but I'll take that bet.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Let's all just enjoy the funny video. I love MadTV.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Just the more I thought about it the more nauseous I became...none of the past presidents seem worthy even JFK, but I wasn't old enough when he was around...omg though could you imagine the media today when JFK was around? His legacy would not be what it is today, in fact we would probably understand why he /was assassinated instead of wondering...but wow....I can go on and on about many past historical figures...Bush was the cokehead and Bill was the pot smoker and hillary is not presidential no matter how you shake it...and obama...well I voted for him the 2nd time and guess what ...it didn't really matter.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Are you suggesting she will be? Does that mean she gets the ATS endorsement and the contributions from your slushy fund? Oh hell please say it aint so...?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Oh I just realized I never really answered your actual OP question.....ummmm, NO!

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Are you suggesting she will be? Does that mean she gets the ATS endorsement and the contributions from your slushy fund? Oh hell please say it aint so...?

Huh? Dude, I'm not even American. Love your politics though. More entertaining than The Price is Right. I can smell the way the cow # blows though.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Oh, resurrect Washington. I'll take zombie George so long as someone makes sure he chews the face off of most of the sitting incumbents in congress.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
There is a point of contention regarding the interpretation of the Twelfth Amendment as it relates to the Twenty-second Amendment, ratified in 1951, which prohibits a person from being "elected" President more than twice.

I know that. But what's to be interpreted in "But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States."?

it is unclear whether a two-term president could later serve as Vice President.

I don't understand what's "unclear" about the above portion of the 12th amendment.

Obama is constitutionally NOT eligible to the Presidency (again), so he's not eligible to the VP. It's very clear. No interpretation needed.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Unfortunately Carter could not make it the steps to be sworn in and HW should just stick to running his shadow CIA govt. I would rather see Palin and her short skirts, lol!

Carter would get lost on the steps on the way to the podium . well , unless you put Billy's beer up there

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Could Obama be hillary's vp??

That's one way to get jeb bush elected

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

California got Jerry Brown again in much the same way. Realizing it is State vs Federal the very thought of that man in charge of anything other than making his own grocery list is setting my back teeth.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You want my husband's nightmare scenario? Obama isn't trying to get another term in the White House or even all that close to it. Instead, he's trying to Cleveland Scenario. Right before the end of his term, one of the SCOTUS justices cashes it in, and he nominates/appoints himself as the replacement.

There you go. Then we never get rid of him because he intends to be like Ruth Bader Ginsburg and fairly mummify in the judge's bench.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I still say Hillary will pick Julian Castro as her VP to get the Hispanic vote. Same reason Jeb is going to pick Mark Rubio as his running mate.

And, Hillary will get the win, because America just can't resist the novelty of electing the first female President...no more than they could resist electing the first African American one.

Lousy election for bookies....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join