It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future is the past-serfdom,but with better toys.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Firstly I apologize if this is in the wrong forum,but this is not a conspiracy but projections based on facts.I have used reputable sources for my facts such as Forbes,The Economist,Credit Suisse and various others.Simply put the rich are getting richer and the rest are either going nowhere or getting poorer.The wealthiest 80 individuals in the world are worth the bottom 3.6 billion,since 2009 these individuals wealth has doubled whilst the bottom 3.6 billion have gone backwards in wealth.

In 2011 the University of Zurich computer mapped the ownership of the 43060 corporations they could identify as multinational they found a super block of 147 companies control 40 per cent of the lot.Most of the top 20 entities are banks Goldman Sachs,JP Morgan,Barclays et al,these entities paid 32 per cent tax in the USA in 1952 they now pay about 9 per cent,some like GE with an army of lawyers and accountants dont pay a cent.

Forbes has 1826 billionaires listed and plenty are still being created the US 50 new ones in 2014,57 in 2015 but in 2015 something happened there were 71 new Chinese billionaires for the first time in a long time the USA no longer leads the count in new billionaires.Of all these billionaires currently 70 per cent are self made the other 30 per cent have inherited this wealth.The next 30 years though will see a radical change in this ratio however,it is estimated in the next 30 years 16 trillion will be passed on via inheritance,to put this in perspective the GDP of the USA is 17 trillion.

So how is the rest of the USA faring well the average US family has about 3500 dollars in savings and 118000 dollars in debt,25 per cent have no savings at all.The US Government will tell you that they have recovered the 9.2 million jobs lost in the financial crisis,but lets look at that closer 44 per cent of the jobs gained are in low paying industries in fact 2 million of the pay under $13.00 per hour and the number of temporary jobs has increased 50 per cent since 2009.The median US income is about 52000 that is the same as 1995-20 years ago.In 2008 there were 28.2 million on food stamps theres now 47 million.The Government is currently breaching the gap but it cant for much longer and the rich have no interest in feeding the poor unless theres something in it for them,so whats next?

Irish potato famine?

A new serfdom is coming look at real estate in 2008 the Federal Reserve had NO mortage backed securities,now it has 1.5 trillion dollars of them,12 per cent of all housing is now owned by the Fed,the very creators of the housing bubble.Foreigners are also buying up all the good real estate be it in Sydney,San Diego or London,45 per cent of Miami is foreign owned.

What I feel we are headed for is where you have a local Lord or Baron-corporation or billionaire that you must serve and secure accommodation from,in the middle ages you got protection in return...but not freedom.

Id rather Mad Max sorry.

edit on 16-5-2015 by khnum because: boo boo

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

That's pretty much what many have considered for a long while. Your individual assessment is well considered.
Not to stir the pot, this is also a prediction of Marx. That capitalism was a dead end. That given its head, it would strangle itself and and revert back to a feudalistic society. However, as is easily pointed out, Marx, was wrong about a lot of stuff.
I'm just saying. However again, I tend to see the future as you describe it.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Sorry it took so long to get back to you the 60 million dollar question however is when does all this kick off my thought is when the Federal Reserve calls in its markers or significantly increases rates at the moment there is a 17 trillion dollar debt with about 3 trillion in revenue, the debt bill is currently serviceable but if rates rise it wont be,and it wont be the rich whose wealth they confiscate.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
They are the Love of Power group, serving renegades. And we need to stop following bad orders, use our hearts to discern what is natural kind law and what is not, and get together to solve local problems, food/water/land/energy/homelessness. Start to work on both Equality and Freedom.

And not let them crash systems.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Aquaculture,hydroponics,vertical farming,underground low energy living,renewable energy/fusion-we have all the answers but will the corporations let them be implemented?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Sorry it took so long to get back to you the 60 million dollar question however is when does all this kick off my thought is when the Federal Reserve calls in its markers or significantly increases rates at the moment there is a 17 trillion dollar debt with about 3 trillion in revenue, the debt bill is currently serviceable but if rates rise it wont be,and it wont be the rich whose wealth they confiscate.

You speak to the financial aspect. I would give you that the rest of the transition is already well underway in cultural conditioning. Even in the US where once even the idea of a monarchy was considered with disdain, now, the popular culture fawns over the naming of the new baby royal in England. Popular culture has taken the place of the royal court. All the old barons and princes and earls and dukes and such? Now they are the entertainment stars. All the peasants have their favorites. Us regular drudges can look up to the brightly lit folks in their fancy carriages and their gala extravaganzas partying and hob nobbing with each other eating their fancy meals while we snack on potato chips and pretzels

And sports heros? In place of the knights, doing battle for us every weekend. Cheered when they bring home the victory. Ah, I know it's all in the way we percieve things, and I am probably reading to much into things but hey so what. Pass the potato chips please.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

You are not reading too much into things. Its called "Western Civilization".

But to be fair, game playing (and hero making) was the stuff of all ancients.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Bread and circuses, in electoral trouble- no problem,build a stadium,hold a Commonwealth games,get the Grand Prix; this is standard issue in Australia too.My dopey Mayor is now after the Olympics his stupid council cant even organize for parks to be mowed or grafitti cleaned(although they spend $400 million on that somehow) and he now wants the games-incredible,but the Sheep love the idea.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: Unity_99

Aquaculture,hydroponics,vertical farming,underground low energy living,renewable energy/fusion-we have all the answers but will the corporations let them be implemented?

We both know the answer to that, but the more people do this low key in their own communities and then organize groups nation wide, who meet up with their employees, vote differently, play hardball with local city counsels and start to put their own people in those jobs, something that should have always been in place, those groups, citizens counsels, can't really have any form of democracy without that. We're in their end stretch for their plans and some sort of bad events, some suggest this year or fall. But that is always the case, each year, so can't say for sure. Its going to come down to people being brave and refusing to follow their bad orders. I worry that they won't give people a choice by arranging a disaster where you have to protect family to comply with the emergency.

Trying to stay out of it is important.

There was a pocket of freedom where things could have been done, and if it continues then should be done. Worried that it won't and yet, this is also where inspiration, innerseeking and problem solving will be important. If many people report for duty inside to their Source/Spirit and Good Family, and want to make a difference, there are going to be some inspirations coming.

It seems they have checkmated people, both society in general and individuals who could have made a difference, targetting them specifically. At least that is my take on this.

But as long as there is a semblance of normality and choices, people should do so locally. Otherwise, its going to be up to inner direction.
edit on 19-5-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

You are not reading too much into things. Its called "Western Civilization".

But to be fair, game playing (and hero making) was the stuff of all ancients.

Indeed it was. And I light of the OP I have to wonder that people STILL are so busy with these 'entertainments'
I do not know as all that many people in those ancient cultures considered themselves to have a voice in how they were governed. In the economic systems in which they found themselves.

Surely, many of the governors of society in ages past understood the power of these circuses over the peasants and did what they could to keep them occupied.

It is debatable as to whether or not we 'peasants' have much say over our situation, however it is my contention that as long as we continue to be so amused by all the 'stars' and heros' of Wes/civ, we will never be free. This 'star/hero' system is one of the heaviest drugs that keep us bound.

top topics

join