It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

military sent to small town in texas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
There was an article from the hood county news website that said...

Military vehicles and swift water rescue teams being sent to granbury because there might be flooding.

there has been a lot of rain this month but has military ever been sent BEFORE a crisis? And this one isn't even guaranteed. It hasn't even rained in the past few days.

There is a nuclear power plant about 15 miles from this town. Maybe they know of some kind of attack planned? People in he town think it is strange.

I just wanted to document this here in case anything weird happens.

link
edit on 5/16/2015 by stellawayten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'm a little further south.
We did just have one hell of a flood in these parts.
I'm guessing they are just there to help.

edit on 16-5-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten

States have no authority over any military but the National Guard. Which would be the military involved in case of flooding. Like last week.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

The Army National Guard rescuers went rooftop to rooftop in Denton County, Texas Sunday, making at least seven rescues as residents watched flood waters surround their homes. They also pulled two men from the roof of their pickup truck. VPC

source

Are the "military" guard units? 'cause they help in disaster situations all the time.
edit on 16-5-2015 by quercusrex because: add content

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex
That would be logical, especially as the release states:

The state is sending military vehicles and swift-water rescue teams to Hood County in anticipation of possible flooding this weekend, Hood County Emergency Management Coordinator Ray Wilson said.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

But have you ever heard of them send g them BEFORE it even rains?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

We've been flooding for more than awhile now. I'm sure they're capable of planning for possibilities. An ounce of prevention and all that.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Yes, every year in MN and ND near Fargo/Moorehead they go and prepare and sandbag before the annual floods.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten

They know that heavy rain is moving in and the area is already saturated. It's pretty much a given that there will be flooding.

After the flooding occurs, some areas will be hard to access because roads may be impassible.

Staging the equipment and manpower ahead of time is a smart move by the national guard.

This whole "everything military-related is a conspiracy tied to Jade Helm" nonsense is getting really tiring.
edit on 5/16/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

It doesn't hurt to have your eyes open.

Eta: and you are the only one to say jade helm.
edit on 5/16/2015 by stellawayten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
"Help I'm drowning!"
"Wait! Are you taking me to a FEMA camp?"

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

It doesn't hurt to have your eyes open.

Certainly, but we don't need a new thread every time someone watches a YouTube video or reads an article related to military activity.

Separate the wheat from the chaff and determine what's actually fishy.

So far, 99% of the "OMG JADE HELM!" stuff that has been posted is nothing out of the ordinary. The only oddity I've seen are the WalMart closings but that hasn't been definitively tied to JH at this point.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Eta: and you are the only one to say jade helm.

So that has NOTHING to do with you posting this thread?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Friday, May 15, 2015 -
Governor Abbott Again Declares ...

I do hereby amend my proclamation of May 11, 2015, to include Cooke, Grimes, Hood, Navarro, Smith and Wise counties.

THEREFORE, in accordance with the authority vested in me by Section 418.014 of the Texas Government Code, I do hereby declare a state of disaster in Bosque, Clay, Cooke, Denton, Eastland, Gaines, Grimes, Hood, Montague, Navarro, Smith, Van Zandt and Wise counties.

Pursuant to Section 418.017 of the code, I authorize the use of all available resources of state government and of political subdivisions that are reasonably necessary to cope with this disaster.

-
OPINION:

Texas has a ... Pro-Active Governor.

( and it's ok if you feel ... envious? )

edit on 16-5-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

There was an article from the hood county news website that said...

Military vehicles and swift water rescue teams being sent to granbury because there might be flooding.

there has been a lot of rain this month but has military ever been sent BEFORE a crisis? And this one isn't even guaranteed. It hasn't even rained in the past few days.

There is a nuclear power plant about 15 miles from this town. Maybe they know of some kind of attack planned? People in he town think it is strange.

I just wanted to document this here in case anything weird happens.

link

Granbury has a dirty great sinkhole in the town as of a few days ago, and it's also the county town, or county seat. I would suggest then some urgency.

A declared disaster zone according to Fox,

Just to add, that page only links to updates by the looks of things,
A bit wonky, so here's the same day update page,

hcnews.com...
edit on 16-5-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

CA would like some of your rain, please...

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Yes. We also used to get called up before Hurricanes. Several times we were not needed, but we were ready in case we were.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

You mean....The National Guard, the premier organization responsible for disaster relief in all 50 states, should NOT BE preparing?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I live around here. I didn't get this off of youtube. I'm trying to bring first hand knowledge to you guys. also, why is this town so important? Haven't heard of them being anywhere else.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
That isn't a sinkhole. It's really a landslide. The back side of that is a cliff right by the lake.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join