It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Special Operations forces kill ISIS commander Abu Sayyaf in Syria raid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

U.S. Special Operations forces killed a senior ISIS commander during a raid intended to capture him in eastern Syria overnight Friday to Saturday, sources familiar with what happened on the ground in Syria told CNN.

The ISIS commander, Abu Sayyaf, who was in charge of ISIS' oil and gas operations and directly and increasingly involved in ISIS command and control, fought capture and was killed in the raid, the sources said.

His wife, an Iraqi named Umm Sayyaf, was captured and taken to Iraq for interrogation, the sources said.

All the U.S. troops involved returned safely. About a dozen ISIS fighters were killed in the firefight at a residential building.

U.S. Special Operations forces kill ISIS commander Abu Sayyaf in Syria raid

Awesome news. Twelve down 10,000 to go.
edit on 1652015 by ChefSlug because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefSlug

Agreed

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
RIP Abu Sayyaf.

Rot In Piss that is.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I just got up a few moments ago and turned on CNN and then (of course) logged on to ATS...and heard and read this news. What I am thinking is...I wonder where and when they will retaliate here in the United States; needless to say...it is not a comforting thought.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is great news when we have a successful operation and all come home safely. I hope that they interrogate this woman with as much vigor as Obama's morals will allow. Politics and war= zero!

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Sweet!!!

And non of our sh/thot "door kickers" got hurt or killed!!!

As was stated above, 1down 10,000 to go.

Good job guys!!!

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

I just got up a few moments ago and turned on CNN and then (of course) logged on to ATS...and heard and read this news. What I am thinking is...I wonder where and when they will retaliate here in the United States; needless to say...it is not a comforting thought.

They are more than encouraged to try The Great State of Texas again any time.

I predicted that BTW, months ago.

America is not Iraq or Syria.

We aren't like those people.

You can't cut off a few heads and take over a town here.

Over here, its just going to get their asses handed to them.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Dammit SAS and SBS needs to step up there game!

Well nice to see US armed forces being used for something positive

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

So they changed leaders there, big news..

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

The ISIS commander, Abu Sayyaf, who was in charge of ISIS' oil and gas operations

So tis about oil, again.

At least they admitted it.

They're 'interrogating' his wife? Where, at 'we grab you'?

ETA:

edit on 16-5-2015 by intrptr because: YouTube

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Special forces are a exception to boots on the ground

And rightfully so.

You cant keep them best in the world by letting them sit at home shooting paper targets.

Let them train by killing some murderous psychopaths.
Better than a indiscriminate drone strike.

edit on 16-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hasn't anybody realized that Terrorist Organizations are like Hydra?

Cut one head off, two more appear.

These people are just cogs in an ideological wheel. Until you solve that issue, there's always somebody, more crazy than the last person, to take up the mantle of crazy.

~Tenth

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Not sure why the U.S. would put this out, its just going to make IS retaliate in some way unless its going to be another Bin Laden moment for Obama.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Special forces are a exception to boots on the ground

Boots are boots, as are bombs.

Both are on the ground anywhere the US likes.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Allied special forces from Canada/UK/Australia/USA have likely had many successful operations. We just don't hear about them because of their clandestine nature. No idea why the US decided to announce this specific operation though.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

They are but they don't need to stroke Obama's ego!

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Seems interesting to me that we are "fighting" an enemy this is actually FIGHT OUR ENEMIES. If Iran and Syria are the 2 most active nations in the fight against ISIS, and our Political prostitutes want nothing more than a fight with Iran and Syria, then wouldn't it stand to reason that we would actually BACK ISIS and keep them fighting our enemies? That is the way it always worked before. If we cannot crack a government then we back someone that can so we do not get blamed. Here it is happening again but the MSM and prostitutes saying "no, we are fighting the enemy of our enemy" is suddenly all we need to believe that things are any different than they have always been.

I hate ISIS because they are furthering the agenda of neocons and scumbags in the west and most of you hate ISIS because the neocons and scumbags in the west told you to.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

The ISIS commander, Abu Sayyaf, who was in charge of ISIS' oil and gas operations
Makes it sound like Chevron has competition!!! 2014 and 2015 Toyota Hilux gotta have go-juice I spoze.

fought capture and was killed in the raid, the sources said.
lemme guess, "and we dumped his sorry ass in the ocean because 'allah akbah he's a martyr' if we didn't"

All the U.S. troops involved returned safely. About a dozen ISIS fighters were killed in the firefight at a residential building. aka "the good guys won therefore live happily ever after"

and the clincher......'Sources said"

LOL, well that's good-a-nuff for me, now, what time does the footy match start, and grab me a beer on your way back will ya..........burp.

Jessica Lynch.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Pretty interesting stuff but this is not the first time JSOC have been operational inside Syria and you can bet it will not the be the last. There have also been lots of reports in the media about UKSF also being active.

I am a little surprised however that they made public the use of JSOC rather than just saying they got him with a drone or some other lie.

After all, lying, its what they are good at!

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Really? And did the conveniently dump his body in the ocean too?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join