It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death HAS real power

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Hi guys please hear me out I think I've figured out the problem if somebody now could please provide an answer:

We have so many problems in this world I can't begin to tell you about it. We all have aches and pains and were also always up in arms about how others are mistreating us and we mistreat others. If we all had comfortable and secure lives then there would be no need to have any fear. If we all lived in comfort and security then we could truly devote ourselves to the pursuit of knowledge BUT we are not comfortable and secure. We are uncomfortable and insecure and that's the TRUTH.

If we were comfortable and secure (and at peace and wealthy and prosperous and healthy and youthful) perpetually that would solve all our problems and consciously or subconsciously this is the physical and mental state mankind has always tried to obtain. Peace and prosperity and unity.

So why have we never obtained this? Why are we still at war with each other and in our minds? The answer is mind-boggleingly simple...

As a human I have plans to live a full and meaningful and productive life. I WANT to live, laugh and love every minute of every day but I feel threatened by so much that I end up living a half life because so much time is spent figuratively 'dodging bullets'. its so bad that if just one figurative bullet hits you (or me) it causes pain and our plans must be put on hold or changed entirely. Its so hard to live and laugh and love under these conditions. Some people (Satanists, Natzi's, etc) are so fed up with dodging figurative bullets that they not only stop dodging them BUT also start firing figurative bullets themselves because if you can't beat them join them and a culture of death developes and then literal bullets and bombs start to fly and the bottom line is every human who started with a hope and a dream is dead and that's the end but is it?

I would be fine, quite literally fine. I would live and laugh and love every minute of every day of my life if I was invulnerable to DEATH.

No-body knows what DEATH Is, all we DO know is that its the end of life and this is what we all fight so hard to avoid! We even kill others so we can live longer and those wanting to kill us only want to kill us so they can live longer.

But what if nobody had to die and we could, no matter of race, all live and laugh and love every minute of every day? This is impossible! You are going to die someday, somehow and all your trying to stay alive will count collectively for naught!

Humans don't understand death. Is it the end or is it a new beginning? Is there a heaven or a hell? NO BODY KNOWS!

Do we do so much killing because (subconsciously) were hoping the law of averages will send someone back one day to explain DEATH to us? I think so.

We have lost our best and brightest minds to not war or disease but to DEATH! What is death: death is the cessation of life.

I don't want to die! The universe is ETERNAL and I want to be eternal too. If somebody threatens me or my family or friends I want to laugh at them because their threats are meaningless.

I have to take threats seriously because I'm vulnerable and I can die. Why does somebody have that power over me? Its because I don't want to die and why don't I want to die its because I don't UNDERSTAND death.

This is where humans are currently there is NO understanding of DEATH and it is this and this ALONE that causes every single problem on our planet bar none.

Why don't we understand death? Is death something to fear or embrace? Why don't we know? Is anyone trying to find out?

If I could live forever then I'd be HAPPY but I know I'm going to die and so are you and so are the Iranians and the elite and the africans and the Christians and the Muslims and everyone...

I feel this is some common ground. Humans have beliefs but NO ONE REALY KNOWS so let's put down our guns and bombs and all come together to understand DEATH before DEATH overcomes us all (the entire planet!)

Let's LIVE our lives in peace and prosperity while we try to understand DEATH (after all there is enough wealth and food on earth for everyone to eat and have shelter and basic needs met incl. work)

I'm going to DIE and yes I have faith but I don't know where ill be going and when I'm not here will anyone care?

Note: I think death IS losing the fear of death; ie. My mind lives on... If I couldn't die I would no longer be afraid.

So now can anyone, regardless of race, tell me how I can gain immortality? (I think this is the most important question anyone can ask as the gaining of immortality will solve all the worlds problems)

Please don't tell me its impossible - let's all work on the problem until its solved DEATH how do we kill it?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

How do we defeat death?

Simple - live every seconds of your life, and your life will feel like an eternity.

But I guess you are asking, How do we physically defeat aging processes? The most probable answer is the transmission of our minds into more durable machines which has not been invented yet. Some people say that cryogenic holds the answer, or that yoga does, or that gene therapy does. But none of them solve the cellular error multiplication problem - only transhumanist solutions can. Now the big question is, which is better: humanism or transhumanism? Is living an eternal life really worth all the loss we will experience?

BTW s&F for the thread - fascinating indeed!

edit on 16-5-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

How do we defeat death?

Simple - live every seconds of your life, and your life will feel like an eternity.

But... How do we physically defeat aging processes? The most probable answer is the transmission of our minds into more durable machines which has not been invented yet.

Wrong and Wrong...
Change your answers around.

To defeat death one needs to digitize their consciousness (transmission of our minds into more durable machines).
To physically defeat aging processes we need to target the genes responsible for aging. this is already being worked on (if not already covertly accomplished).

Close though

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

transform ur mind
become what u will be after death and arise from there

I have these nights where my heart stops beating and I stop breathing

It never get easy or less scary
learning not to panic is critical
edit on 16-5-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Death does not have power...unless you give it power. I wrote something about death one day perhaps you could read it and maybe it will help you to understand better what death really is.

Death is an Illusion...www.abovetopsecret.com...

The body may stop working and “the energy has left the building”, but energy, the “light” does not die; it is relocated to a different existence.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

To physically defeat aging processes we need to target the genes responsible for aging.

But this does not stop cellular reproduction. Each time a cell reproduces, mutations and errors creep back in - your gene therapy is not enough permanent of an option. You would need to undergo gene therapy an infinite amount of time to live forever. Plus you'd still be subject to organic weakness - that is, weakness to poisons, to viruses, to bacteria, to pain, to kinetic damage, to hemorraghes, to fracture damage - thus you would only be immunized against only one cause of death (aging) but not all other types of death.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

As a human I have plans to live a full and meaningful and productive life. I WANT to live, laugh and love every minute of every day but I feel threatened by so much that I end up living a half life because so much time is spent figuratively 'dodging bullets'.

Stop living in fear. Many of us walk the streets every day and nothing happens and even if it does, you can't control it. Life is Life. Get on with it.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Defeating death is the ultimate achievement mankind's evolution can possibly dream of. Progress is not achieved by people "getting on with" the current state of things. When faced by the mystery of the constancy of c, did Einstein shrugged it off saying "ah, well, life is life? " No, he discovered special relativity, and by so he changed life, and the lives of every single generations that followed afterwards.

Life is only what you make of it.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I heard a Hospice nurse matter of factly state,

"Everyone is meant to grow old, get sick and die… sorry about that."

What maters is how we treat others during our time here.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Death seems to be powerful because people make it so. Darkness has no power in the Presence of Light.

If people choose to forgive, rather than get revenge, the world would already be a more peaceful place. Even if only you forgive, your personal life will have less stress so it is beneficial even if no one joins you in Peace, Love, Joy, and Forgiveness, but there is more power in numbers - but Love is always more powerful because its nature is unifying while violence separates and brings pain, and it's natural to not like pain.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Thanatophobia - an abnormal fear of death.

I don't have it, but like Woody Allen said "I don't fear death, I just don't want to be there when it happens".

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Everyone must read the book Life After Life. There is a section from the Tibetan Book of the Dead. It describes what happens after the consciousness leaves the physical vessel. Its actually amazing. The Eastern view is opposite of the Western mindset. They say that your senses are actually heightened. Just by thinking it, you can travel anywhere in the Universe. The Egyptians called it becoming a Starwalker. A being made of pure quantum light energy.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Warning: death troll ; )
Seriously, study metaphysics so that you don't inundate your audience with psychobabble.
Death is of the physical self, consciousness is not physical but a field that doesn't die, it's universal.
You are part of that consciousness awareness, whether you choose to accept that or not and understand is up to you, it does not negate the underlying reality.
If understanding and not posturing is your goal then here is a link.
youtu.be...
Good luck.
edit on 16-5-2015 by starswift because: no reason other than that is what i wanted

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I have to agree with OP. I do not want to be immortal but I wish I needn't worry about ceasing to exist one day. What I'd like to know is "what is death". Once I knew I wouldn't be scared of it any longer.

It's all well and good to drag out the old "live your life to the fullest" and "don't fear death" talks but they don't cut it when you have an anxiety disorder and you ARE actually scared of it. Or if you like me need to plan everything, else you get panic.

I can only speak personally. I am NOT scared of being dead because logic tells me that either there will be something or if not, I won't ever know.
If there is nothing afterwards, nobody will ever present at their own death because up to death you'll be alive and after that you won't know.

That isn't my problem. My problem is like the fear of dying like when you have a panic attack. The fear that one moment life is just normal, TV is on and everyone is happy and then you get a stroke or a heart attack and you have to leave right in the middle of normality to "THE MOST SERIOUS THING THAT CAN EVER HAPPEN TO HUMANS".

This short [or long] moment of realisation and fear [because you don't want to go] is the bit I fear the most. I have been there so many times with panic attacks and whilst I have them more or less under control, it is the worst fear. I just cope because I KNOW deep down that it is very properly only a panic attack.

The problem begins if I had no hope that it was a panic attack and was the 'real thing', the irony would be that I'd be so scared I'd probably die of fear before any other reason.

The fear of imminent death is the worst IMO and I am scared of that. I go as far as to say that never want to be 'taken' by surprise but want to 'get used to the idea and do some planning and sorting'. I really don't know. It's not nice either way.

So with that said, I think OP and many others just want to know what the heck this stupid death thing actually is. Then we could live happier.

Why don't we KNOW??? Why don't we try harder to find out? Arrrrgh.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Your physical body is going to age and die, but does your fundamental awareness also age and die? This is what you need to discover.

When you feel into a real vivid memory of when you were much younger, does your fundamental awareness back then "feel" any different than it does right now?

One's fundamental feeling-being-awareness (consciousness) never ages. That should tell you something about what happens at death.

edit on 5/16/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

You said physically defeat the aging process, not mortality. So being invulnerable to physical stimuli like fire and other causes of death are a different league of argument altogether.

But, im not a geneticist, so i may be talking out of my A**crack, but imho i believe that dna or other types of scientific manipulation techniques can and will be used to drastically prolong lifespans.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Every living organism has a built in kill-switch, we just need it deactivating.

But immortality is just us mortals being greedy and short sighted imo.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I have no fear of the death of this body or container, if you will. Yeah, right some of you say. But it is truth. My truth because I do KNOW, as many many others know. I will not ever "die". That which make the whole of "me" is not my body. I will endeavor to explain this in a simplistic manner.

My body is like my car. I use it to get me safely from place to place. It shelters me, keeps me in perpetual motion until it brings me home. HOME. I feed my car, I maintain my car, it goes to the car mechanic as means of maintenance. I check it's headlights, make sure it's always ready for me to use. When it breaks down, I have it repaired. I do this until it can no longer function as my vehicle. Then I retire my car, (death), and I search for a replacement car (body/container).

Sometimes my new car takes a while to find , but I use alternative means of transportation (my spirit/life force) until I decide if I really want a new or a gently used car. Maybe I don't even want another car at all! I consult with trusted people who know about cars and such, and either I get a car either new or used, and off I go again in perpetual motion, to and from my destinations. Sometimes the Divine will of my Creator steps in and makes the decision for me. Perhaps I become too frail to drive my car (body/container) or I am blinded in a freak accident. No car for me! Am I incarcerated in my true home (in the realm of my Creator/heaven)? Or am I to research other means of transportation and relocate (move dimensionally) into a realm (area/world/city) where my transportation needs are simply using myself (walking) to get to my destinations? Maybe I have come to be in a realm where I am able to get to my destinations without any physical movement at all !

I am more than my physical body.

I am a life force, a perpetual light energy, as we all are, as are ALL living "things" . In order to learn what we are here to learn, which is solely determined by our Divine Creator (whatever we personally resonate with 'God, Buddha, Allah, etc') we simply are here in this incarnation until that time we are not.
Death of the body occurs and we reunite with our Creator and all other light energies (souls) until our new purpose is revealed to us. We then go off onto another adventure somewhere, in some dimension, in some realm.

I do not fear Death because I do not ever "die". My body does. My friends and family mourn this event. And I remain near to them until that time I am not.

There you have it. You are free to mock, ridicule, theorize, poke holes in my beliefs , as this IS ATS and I expect that. I am okay with it. But when you rest your head on your pillow tonight and close your eyes in preparation for slumber, think for a fleeting moment about this post. If you are honest with yourself, and the you that resides deep within, my words resonate there.

I wish you all bright Blessings.

Ultra

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Every living organism has a built in kill-switch, we just need it deactivating.

But immortality is just us mortals being greedy and short sighted imo.

There is actually one animal that does not die to old age, ever. Jellyfish species called Turritopsis dohrnii, also known as immortal jellyfish. It can reverse it's aging process, returning back to sexually immature, colonial stage once it has reached it's full maturity. This process can go on indefinitely, so in theory it never dies. Of course diseases and predators can kill them though.

Wouldn't that be convenient for humans? Just returning back to baby stage

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Thebel

Like that Brad Pitt movie, The Mysterious life of Benjamin Button.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join