It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful story of how this Aussie became Muslim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This is a video of how Ruben (Abu Bakr) became a Muslim.
This is by far, the most comical revert story I have ever heard.
I added a video with subtitles for those who might be deaf, enjoy!

Feel free to share your opinion based on what you saw in this video

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

I feel happy for the brother,... for the peace, happiness, and betterment that Islam has brought into his life.

As you asked for opinions about the video,... the things he says about other religions can also be said about Islam. For example, he speaks about the different denominations of Christians having different interpretations and beliefs. In Islam, there are many schools of thought, denominations, and sects which follow different practices and hold varying beliefs. As Abu Bakr (Ruben) has stated his opinion that Buddhism is not a religion of God, but is instead a nice way to live,.... well, my opinion says that Islam is not a religion of God but is instead a way of life. Additionally, as he questioned the strangeness of Genesha having the head of an elephant, I question the strangeness of Muhammad traveling the sky on a flying steed named Buraq.

I am happy for his sincerity and glad that he found what he was looking for. Even though I disagree with the religion of Islam, I still count Abu Bakr Ruben as a dear human brother. To him be his way and to me be mine.

edit on 5/15/15 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Everyone has to find their own path through life. I am glad to see he is doing better and his family thinks so too. I agree with Sahabi's statement above.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
My opinion on the video is in fact my opinion about the narrator. He is basically a person with absolutely no personality. His life has been a quest to find something else to justify his existence. He plays the comedy card and tries to win friends. I find this person to be very affable, yet absolutely incapable of having any insight into any religion whatsoever.

Thank you OP for showing me this.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

His life has been a quest to find something else to justify his existence. He plays the comedy card and tries to win friends. I find this person to be very affable, yet absolutely incapable of having any insight into any religion whatsoever.

I had similar thoughts. I find it slightly strange that he seems to be attracted to the most strict religions, like Mormonism and Islam. It's also pretty humorous how he thinks a book can justify men having the freedom to have four wives but women cannot even show their face. Why does he assume something is more legit just because a book said it, there's no proof those books were not written by bigots a long time ago.
edit on 15/5/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It is weird the if he had joined any religion than Jewish, Islam or Paul:s version of Christian faith I would have been overjoyed that he was seeking answers on a spiritual level. I have tried finding the beauty in the Qur'an but only find an image trying to masquerade for real spiritual wisdom.Then I read Rumi and see the real spiritual wisdom that Muhammad lacked (or a distortion of Muhammad:s teaching that made the teachings lacking).

The reason fundamentalist Wahhabis can use Muhammad as an excuse to kill with impunity is that Muhammad failed to create a religion that can do no harm when followed.

edit on 15-5-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Lets hope he doesnt go and join ISIS

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

I'm glad for him. Every person has a different path they will follow, and different teachings resonate w/different people. I think people will find many believers have their own beautiful stories to tell for how they chose their faith or lack thereof.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: Jonjonj

there's no proof those books were not written by bigots a long time ago.

There is no doubt in my mind they were. I feel like all these 'do this not to go to hell' religions are Spirituality For Dummies.

Oh yes brothers, lets praise our mighty God louder and louder, so we can't ear our own inner voice!

edit on 2015 5 16 by LoveSolMoonDeath because: (no reason given)

top topics

join