It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza Film Festival: The Red Carpet Fail to Human Rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
In eastern Gaza City, among ruins and memories of war and destruction, a red carpet was laid out for a film festival on human rights. The scene was set has a reminder of so much blood that was spilled there last summer.

Hundreds of residents showed up to the festival on opening night, along with others from different parts of Gaza. Every available chair was taken, while others stood on mounds of rubble to get a view of the films being showcased

The setting was a rare one for Gaza, which hasn't had a single movie theater since the First Intifada.

You have to understand, Shujaiyeh has lived in darkness for the past eight months. The infrastructure was destroyed. People have been living in darkness, in candle light. This festival brought normalcy back for a moment. It brought daylight

To anyone who simple doesn't know whats happening there, check this United Nations Report of the abuse/violations/occupation and continuous aggression of Israel to Palestinian people.

Just from last summer Assault (not to mention the one's before) Israel bombed and destroyed in 50 days:
- 235 schools (83 UNRWA schools);
- 17 hospitals and 56 primary health clinics;
- 18,080 Housing units;
- 63 water facilities;
- A wastewater pumping station;
- The only power station in Gaza;
- 17,000 hectares of cropland and other agricultural infrastructure;
- 3 universities;
- 118 UNRWA installations (schools, health center's, and warehouses)

- Killed 2,200 Palestinians (about 80 % civilians).

source
edit on 15/5/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

...hasn't had a single movie theater since the First Intifada.

I like how they spruced the place up.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

How many of those buildings were used by Hamas?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I don't know. Do you know? I will wait for that...

Meanwhile the old and endless repeating of hamas, to justify every outrageous and criminal act's of Israel against an occupied people, haves their days counted.

Has pointed in this wiki source it's very elucidative who are the victims and the criminals. Take a look:

Furthermore, accordingly to this report, just between 17 July and 5 August of 2014, Israel fired over the Gaza strip 5,830 missiles, as well as 16,507 artillery and tank projectiles, 3,494 naval shells and carried out 4,028 air raids.

Can you identify the terrorists? I can. Besides, taking in consideration the testimonials of IDF soldiers, I can start to establish a world definition for terrorism.

Finally, if you abstain of being tendentious, the huge difference in number's just don't let anyone hide behind the usual lies.

According to the United Nations Department of Safety and Security, the IDF carried out 4,028 air raids, firing 5,830 missiles, as well as 16,507 artillery and tank projectiles and 3,494 naval shells. [..]

edit on 15/5/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

No I don't know didn't you notice the question mark at the end of my sentence?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

It's not as cut and dry as you would make is seem. This a territorial dispute that's been going on for a long time and both sides have attacked each other. It's a war. They're both shooting rockets at each other. One side happens to have more rockets. Who started at this point is irrelevant. I'm NOT defending any of this and I sincerely wish these people could live in peace. But that's not going to happen anytime soon and both sides are to blame for this mess.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
What films did they watch? But more importantly where are all the women?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

...hasn't had a single movie theater since the First Intifada.

I like how they spruced the place up.

It's kind of hard to do when the nation that is occupying your land won't let in building equipment or materials.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

How many of those buildings were used by Hamas?

Israel seems to think all of them.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
What that tells me is one side is a very bad shot. Very low percentage when it comes to putting them on target. And also , the US helped designed the iron dome for Israel. Why doesnt Hamas just give up and go to the negotiation table with a serious proposal ? Who knows. And the key has always been make the payback hades

edit on 15-5-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join