It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third Atheist Blogger Killed in Bangladesh

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Appears there are some things Atheists and Christians have in common.

www.theguardian.com...

Police said Ananta Bijoy Das was murdered as he headed to work at a bank in the city of Sylhet, an attack that fellow writers said highlighted a culture of impunity.

Kamrul Hasan, commissioner of Sylhet police, said a group of about four masked attackers pounced on Das with machetes at about 8.30am on Tuesday on a busy street in Bangladesh’s fifth-largest city.

“They chased him down the street and first attacked his head with their machetes and then attacked him all over his body,” Hasan told Agence France-Presse. The attackers fled into the crowds and Das was taken to hospital but declared dead on arrival, police and medics said.

Since 2013, at least five bloggers have been attacked by Islamists after another hardline group, Hefazat-e-Islam, publicly sought the execution of atheists who organised mass protests against the rise of political Islam.

Hefazat, led by Islamic seminary teachers, also staged a massive counter-protest against the bloggers in May 2013 that unleashed violence and left nearly 50 people dead.

edit on 14-5-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

No different than Hitler's Brown Shirts who killed dissenters bloodily in the streets on the Nazis rise to power. Political Islam is brutal.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
And over here in the US, the political atheist left still thinks they can use Islam as their allies to kill of the Christian opposition. They don't see that they'll be the next ones in line to have their heads taken off.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

lol, I don't know what your talking about, referring to atheists defending killer Muslims. I'll assume it's just some fantasy you've created in your warped mind.

Being Muslim and killing people, is a complete contradiction of the teachings of the Koran. Just like being Christian and a right winger, is a complete contradiction of the teachings of the bible. If you actually followed what the bible preached, you'd be the biggest greenie around and all about feeding & supporting the poor.

I suppose Muslims and Christians have far more in common, than they like to admit. There both one big contradiction.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
And over here in the US, the political atheist left still thinks they can use Islam as their allies to kill of the Christian opposition. They don't see that they'll be the next ones in line to have their heads taken off.

I dont think they get the meaning of "And over here in the US". Star for you
edit on 14-5-2015 by Gothmog because: correction

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

That really did go over your head.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

www.theguardian.com...

Police said Ananta Bijoy Das was murdered as he headed to work at a bank in the city of Sylhet, an attack that fellow writers said highlighted a culture of impunity.

Kamrul Hasan, commissioner of Sylhet police, said a group of about four masked attackers pounced on Das with machetes at about 8.30am on Tuesday on a busy street in Bangladesh’s fifth-largest city.

“They chased him down the street and first attacked his head with their machetes and then attacked him all over his body,” Hasan told Agence France-Presse. The attackers fled into the crowds and Das was taken to hospital but declared dead on arrival, police and medics said.

Since 2013, at least five bloggers have been attacked by Islamists after another hardline group, Hefazat-e-Islam, publicly sought the execution of atheists who organised mass protests against the rise of political Islam.

Hefazat, led by Islamic seminary teachers, also staged a massive counter-protest against the bloggers in May 2013 that unleashed violence and left nearly 50 people dead.

This is sad. I worked in Bangladesh May to August 2013. And continued working from remote.

Lived in Dhaka, the capital, but also did rural field research.

Bangladesh does still kinda suffer from being a quasi-theocracy.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

BS.

Christian Shot and Killed an Atheist

Christians Openly Advocate Killing Atheists on FOX News

Christian Kills 16 Year Old Atheist With Shot Gun

I get your point, and am not a Christian. However, the op meant something else (which I disagree with as far as the tenor). The Op meant that like Christians in Muslim countries, atheists are also being killed, hence having something in common.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
More proof that religion kills.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

This happens more than most Christians like to admit. Many Christians I hear speaking about extremists killing folks like to use it as some sort of martyrdom in their claim to persecution. In reality, those extremists who are killing people are killing anybody who's not with them, Christians, atheists, pagans, etc.

It's violent zealotry vs the world. A Christian zealot wielding a gun is no different than a Muslim zealot wielding a machete which is no different than... etc, etc. The sooner we see that, the sooner we can solve it. If you are not one of them, you are likely a target to them.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

This happens more than most Christians like to admit. Many Christians I hear speaking about extremists killing folks like to use it as some sort of martyrdom in their claim to persecution. In reality, those extremists who are killing people are killing anybody who's not with them, Christians, atheists, pagans, etc.

It's violent zealotry vs the world. A Christian zealot wielding a gun is no different than a Muslim zealot wielding a machete which is no different than... etc, etc. The sooner we see that, the sooner we can solve it. If you are not one of them, you are likely a target to them.

Actually, it happens more than most leftist would like to admit. They would prefer to believe that we Christians are blind to the fact that everyone suffers in the face of Islam, but that's simply not true. The reason why they keep up that narrative is because it is politically expedient to use Islam and Muslims as a political tool. They don't believe they are playing with fire.

But we are not at all blind to the horrible things Muslims do to anyone and everyone who is not also Muslim. We've talked about the horrible things they do to gays, people of other faiths besides Christianity, and people of no faith at all. It's the leftists who won't see because Islam is useful to their purpose.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Whatever helps you to justify that contradiction of basic logic.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Whatever helps you to justify that contradiction of basic logic.

You think that because they are religious and we are religious, we must be allies. You really aren't all that versed in politics are you?

The left wants the 1st Amendment gone. Both the gays and the Muslims are political tools for weakening the 1st Amendment. They are both being used by the political left to achieve that goal.

Notice how the left only pretends to respect one religion? It's because that one religion is useful for curtailing free speech. Watch how quickly Muslims speak out on campus and speakers are disinvited or certain groups slapped down for being insensitive in their speech. It's about controlling thoughts and speech. This is what I mean by an alliance between the left and Muslims.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Actually, it happens more than most leftist would like to admit. They would prefer to believe that we Christians are blind to the fact that everyone suffers in the face of Islam, but that's simply not true. The reason why they keep up that narrative is because it is politically expedient to use Islam and Muslims as a political tool. They don't believe they are playing with fire.

But we are not at all blind to the horrible things Muslims do to anyone and everyone who is not also Muslim. We've talked about the horrible things they do to gays, people of other faiths besides Christianity, and people of no faith at all. It's the leftists who won't see because Islam is useful to their purpose.

I can see that, as well. I wouldn't use the blanket terms of "Muslims" or "leftists" as that's obviously an over generalization but I can definitely see how extremists would prove useful to some anti-first amendment people.

Good points.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

And when I say anti-1st Amendment, I don't even think the real game is against religion, possibly not even free speech. The big enchilada there is the right to petition for redress of grievance and peaceably assemble.

But, if you knock out one or two legs of the amendment, you weaken the whole. But imagine a country where we have lost the ability to criticize our own government and demonstrate against it? Now all kinds of doors are open for it.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion
More proof that religion kills.

Atheism kills so it must also be a religion.

So far i believe atheism has the highest death toll for lives taken..Yeah Stalin executed Muslims, plenty of them

An atheist with a gun is no different to a muslim with a gun

I win the pissing contest
edit on b2015Thu, 14 May 2015 19:05:15 -050053120154pm312015-05-14T19:05:15-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

lol, your accusation of the atheist left wing trying to violate the 1st amendment is hilarious and a blatantly incorrect claim. Its the fanatical right wing that are attempting to make Christianity a national religion in the US, which is a direct violation of the 1st amendment.

You guys are more dangerous to a rational society, than these crazy Muslims that are openly attacking atheist with machetes on the street.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

*sigh*

No one is more blind than he who will not see.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

lol, your accusation of the atheist left wing trying to violate the 1st amendment is hilarious and a blatantly incorrect claim. Its the fanatical right wing that are attempting to make Christianity a national religion in the US, which is a direct violation of the 1st amendment.

You guys are more dangerous to a rational society, than these crazy Muslims that are openly attacking atheist with machetes on the street.

Give this man a gun/machette, he will sort out the christian issue

I read a post like this and shake my head, its just sad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join