It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

walmart no longer using the $10 bill.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
So I go on the subreddit walmart every now and then to see if I spot any unusual employee posts. Today I read one where several employees from several different stores were asking each other why they no longer use the $10 bill at walmart. No one knew the amswer. One person suggested that they hough tens were easier to conterfeit but that doesn't really makes sInce.

I brought this to the attention of the ATS community incase it has something to do with a failing economy or maybe a change of the currency. I don't know but it just seems weird. Bring any and all ideas of why they are doing this.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Sign of the times.
World ends within 10 days....all because of walmart

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten

I doubt this is true but Funny enough they have the following for sale:

www.walmart.com...

www.walmart.com...

Maybe they found where the 10 went to?
edit on 50531America/ChicagoThu, 14 May 2015 11:50:24 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Interesting - i did find this article (I'm almost certain it is unrelated though, since it was a simple mistake of someone putting $10's in instead of $1s): Article

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I believe this may be the issue but only in the self serve lanes. Maybe the machine can't distinguish between ones and tens for some reason when giving change, a computer glitch. It probably is a temporary thing in some locations.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That's the thing. The walmart Employees said the same thing. They didn't understand why all the registers were going tenless. Not just the auto ones.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

It could be the level of...ah, abilities of the cashiers that is at the root of the change.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
That article about charges for theft bothers me. I have argued at the grocery store that the machine had given me too much money. They didn't want to hear it. Now Walmart calls theft for returning to enjoy the mistake? No wonder people hate them.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Has anyone verify this lunacy? Or is as usual this rumor going to be talked about as fact because of a one paragraph post on some other site?
edit on 14-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
remember, everything written on the internet is true.....(facepalm)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Just went to Wal-Mart, received a 10 bill.

Crisis over.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The world may have ended yesterday.
Maybe wer'e all ghosts.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChuckNasty

Just went to Wal-Mart, received a 10 bill.

Crisis over.

I didn't say all walmarts but a lot have started doing this.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

This site has really gone down hill. Where ate all the old members that want to get to the bottom of something. Now it's just a bunch of smartasset trying to be cute.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
They apparently have found ten trillion dollars (all in tens) stuffed in the plumbing in all Walmart stores in Texas. No one knows why and its all very hush hush at the moment, and even TPTB are confused. I am surprised ATS is not on top of this one already.

P.S. To those just waking up and groggy eyed, yes I am kidding LOL.
edit on 14-5-2015 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
Has anyone verify this lunacy? Or is as usual this rumor going to be talked about as fact because of a one paragraph post on some other site?

That is what makes ATS such a great place to frequent.

Reminds me of the stories where Wal-Mart employees
refused to accept a $100 bill because they thought it
was a fake. Turns out it was not counterfeit. One time
they actually held and man and called the cops.

That kind of thing makes me so mad I can't see straight.
Good thing that wasn't me, I would have GONE OFF.

edit on 14-5-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I believe this may be the issue but only in the self serve lanes. Maybe the machine can't distinguish between ones and tens for some reason when giving change, a computer glitch. It probably is a temporary thing in some locations.

Good cover story. Wal-Mart ought to hire you to
come up good PR tales to tell the next time they
close stores. The "plumbing problems" has been
paid out, they need a better story next time.

Give me your resume, and I will pass it on.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
They apparently have found ten trillion dollars (all in tens) stuffed in the plumbing in all Walmart stores in Texas. No one knows why and its all very hush hush at the moment, and even TPTB are confused. I am surprised ATS is not on top of this one already.

P.S. To those just waking up and groggy eyed, yes I am kidding LOL.

Wow you might've hit on the reasoning. Walmart has taken all their $10 bills and tried to send them through underground plumbing tunnels to fund Jade Helm!!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Oh wow, a job offer. Maybe I will be greeting people at the door next week. I haven't seen the senior citizens saying welcome to Wallmart anymore. That has to be a conspiracy.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: wasaka

Oh wow, a job offer. Maybe I will be greeting people at the door next week. I haven't seen the senior citizens saying welcome to Wallmart anymore. That has to be a conspiracy.

I have a friend that retired and took a job as a greeter at Walmart for fun. He stated it really was not to greet people , but to help watch for theft.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join