It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "UK Madness Forum"??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
So, me and nonspecific got chatting last week in the run up to the UK election and we noticed something.

This amazing website has a forum dedicated to pets, we have one for cars, we have one for big guns and we even have one for 2012, that nobody seems to post in and is now 3 years out of date. Hell we even have a deep water disaster forum that nobody has posted for almost a whole month.

What we don't have is this.

A UK MADNESS FORUM!!

30% of this sites contributors come from outside America and most of them are from the UK yet we don't have our own forum for UK issues most of the threads regarding the UK end up in a host of other forums. In the last few weeks we have had loads of UK threads but even if we ignore all the election threads there are loads of other UK topics regularly discussed. We have threads about the royal family, MPs expenses, the child abuse scandal, terrorism (7/7 among many others) right now UK politics is more interesting (in my view) than ever before, there are loads of stories about Assassinations, the erosion of our civil liberties and I could probably keep going on with this but I will stop just now.

Anyway the point is this.

I and a few others i have spoken to on this believe that there should be a UK forum in the "General conspiracy forums"

There are huge area's of this site dominated by threads regarding America (I have nothing against that) but I think it would be really nice if the mods could please create a nice little space for us guys across the pond to discuss issues important to us.

Thanks!
edit on 14-5-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I second the motion.

This little island has a LOT of crazy on it.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I second the motion.

This little island has a LOT of crazy on it.

Well it has us or a start!

As long as it is not seen as some sort of seperatist issue I see it as a valid proposal.

As long as no one suggests that Scotland should not be a allowed to be in it.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Well it has us or a start!

As long as it is not seen as some sort of seperatist issue I see it as a valid proposal.

As long as no one suggests that Scotland should not be a allowed to be in it.

Heh, your damn right it does!

I totally agree with your caveats as well. I am staunchly for this union of peoples which is the United Kingdom of Great Britain, and would not see it sundered, nor its peoples riven from one another by petty disputes and trivialities.

Many of the lyrics in this video, echo my thoughts about the nature of our unity.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I third this motion as it would give us Brits a lair to operate from

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Just had a look in the regional politics furum and it has a Sticky saying welcome to UK politics?

Maybe we already have one and it just needs the name changing.

Regional politics

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Then perhaps a renaming of the forum.

And when did we last hear anything from our "forum subject matter expert"?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I believe that been this site "originally" started by a British I wonder why is not an all British forum, so is only fair that one forum should be dedicated to UK madness.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

And once you guys have your own forum it's gonna move on to, "Well you know, maybe we should get India back so we can help them out". Then the next thing you know, world domination is in the works.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And once you guys have your own forum it's gonna move on to, "Well you know, maybe we should get India back so we can help them out". Then the next thing you know, world domination is in the works.

We would prefer to keep our plans to rebuild the empire quiet for now if thats ok with you.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I think before we get India back we should go after you guys first.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I think Zaph needs "taking care of"... He knows too much.....

Seriously though, this is a good idea and it isn't the first time it has been suggested. We did used to have a UK Politics Forum years back, but it was underused and was binned. I think now though there are far more UK members and they are all politically "active", so it might actually get used more.

At the moment, we're stuck in "regional politics" which is basically anywhere that isn't the USA.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well when you put it like that......

We will stop at Canada promise

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

You really want a bunch of angry rednecks with guns moving to the UK?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It does not suprise me bieng a US site.

Omly in America could you give a whole forum to a professional wrestler yet when it comes to the politics of one of the most historically influential countries in the world and we are expected to share it with the bloody Canadians!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

If it will help, the Canadians will apologize.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

You really want a bunch of angry rednecks with guns moving to the UK?

pft guns!

We will silence you by making you a nice cup of tea and being extremely polite to you that you will drop your guns and buy a corgie, move to Suffolk and wave a union jack as you sing god save the queen.

.... then send a very angry guy called "wee-mental davy" from Glasgow down to finish the job once we have softened you up.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

That would probably work too. It would confuse the hell out of your average redneck.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It could be called "UK Political Muddy Field"

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So, me and nonspecific got chatting last week in the run up to the UK election and we noticed something.

See this post in the thread about the new hardware.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join