It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope of Fort Worth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Dearest ATS friends...

I'm jumping on today to bring you a bit of local news from here in Texas about a loss our community recently suffered. Charlie Joyner, the Pope of Fort Worth, left us a short while ago, God called him home. I know, this being an international site, almost no one here will know of whom I speak, but this was such a terrific man, I thought to share a bit about his life and legacy quickly if for no other reason than to offer a momentary inspiration.

I've known Charlie for about 5 years. Charlie was a homeless man with no legs, and I never once saw him without a smile. And it wasn't for lack of intelligence or wit that formed his sunny disposition, Charlie was present and sharp. He was, quite simply put, as close to God as anyone I've ever known, or am likely to know. He was literally famous in Fort Worth as well as beloved, and the elite of society would stop to speak with him daily; receiving inspiration, encouragement and a lesson in humility and happiness from a man whom most would deem ill-positioned to be so completely in receipt of such things. He was an angel amongst this community.

And so I offer this short tome to this, our ATS community, in remembrance of this great man. Charlie Joyner...The Pope of Fort Worth.

The Electric Priest

Edit: I tried to attach a photo of Charlie for all to see, but I guess my ATS skills leave something to be desired. Please visit my website and view the page that I made for him there to get a quick look at this wonderful man (and if you're ATS savvy, perhaps post it in a reply). Also, I invite you to listen to the first song on the music page which I dedicated to Charlie - First Prayer. Peace

www.theelectricpriest.com

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Party on Charlie.
May all the many Forces be with you.

edit on 13-5-2015 by skunkape23 because: l

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Great man was Charlie - he Sparkled and was a Rightous Dude.
What a sweet soul...go with the angels Charlie.
Dogs and kids loved him, and he them, so surely he is surrounded by them still.

edit on May3103030531030331America/Chicago by Missmissie173 because: space

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Found this report of Charlie. I can remember seeing him years ago but not with an automated wheel chair, just something like a homemade skateboard, square with 4 wheels, moving himself along the area.

Star Telegram Fort Worth

Don't think I was ever close enough to speak but wish I had made the effort. No body problems here but his life was much fuller than mine is. RIP Charlie Joyner.

May we all take a second look at the homeless and take just a moment to listen.

edit on 13-5-2015 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Rock On Charlie! Sad to see a righteous dude go...
God's Speed Charlie Joyner!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I may have seen that guy once at the train station in Ft. Worth.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
It is sad to see anyone leave us but even more so when they are such an inspiration to others. I did not know Charlie Joyner but I am sorry for your loss as it seems he was held in high regard by you.

RIP Charlie Joyner.

new topics

top topics

join