It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEPTA Says Commuter Train Hit By Projectile Just Before Amtrak Train Derailed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The Amtrak crash is still being investigated...but if this report is true...it could change everything.
The fact that this projectile hit the commuter train 20 minutes before the derailment of the Amtrak train, could mean it is unrelated...but if one projectile broke the engineer's window in this train, others could have hit the Amtrak (3 miles away)...perhaps damaging it's braking system.

Ultimately, it could also point to this being an act of terrorism...as opposed to a random piece of debris being kicked up from the tracks.

Conspiracy food for thought at this point...but we'll have to see what the investigations reveal.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) – A Philadelphia commuter train was hit by a projectile about 20 minutes before an Amtrak train derailed a few miles up the track.

A spokeswoman for the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority says there’s no indication that the incident is related to the derailment.

SEPTA spokeswoman Jerri Williams says they don’t know what the projectile was. It broke the engineer’s window around 9:25 p.m. Tuesday near SEPTA’s North Philadelphia station. No injuries were reported.

Williams says the Trenton-bound commuter train was stopped and the incident was being investigated when the Amtrak derailment happened about 3½ miles away.

Williams says Amtrak dispatches SEPTA’s Trenton line and was aware of the incident.
Six people were killed and dozens more were injured in Tuesday night’s Amtrak derailment.

philadelphia.cbslocal.com...

edit on 13-5-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

edit on 13-5-2015 by IAMTAT because: correction

edit on 13-5-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2015 by IAMTAT because: correction

edit on 13-5-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Already mentioned in the primary thread on the crash and the feeling was not related.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Sad as it is, I'm really hoping the derailment was a honest accident. If homegrown terrorists start targeting trains......there are some very dangerous chemicals that travel by rail all over this country. Derail a train with some of that in the middle of a large city............................

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
PHILADELPHIA (AP) – A Philadelphia commuter train was hit by a projectile about 20 minutes before an Amtrak train derailed a few miles up the track.
Williams says the Trenton-bound commuter train was stopped and the incident was being investigated when the Amtrak derailment happened about 3½ miles away.

It is not the same train.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel
The timing and proximity of the two trains is suspicious.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
the republicans in congress just voted to cut Amtrak funds by 250 million dollars today.....(shakes head)...this is why I wouldn't vote a republican in to be county dogcatcher
www.nbcphiladelphia.com...

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I wonder if there are more than usual
The DOT-111 READER
News and information about DOT-111 rail tank cars and related issues important to you.
dot111.info...

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
the republicans in congress just voted to cut Amtrak funds by 250 million dollars today.....(shakes head)...this is why I wouldn't vote a republican in to be county dogcatcher

I KNEW IT. The Republicans caused the Amtrak crash! Those animals.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Maybe an angry black crow or a troublesome white seagull decided to take down the train. I doubt if they have partridge there but I suppose that a brown pigeon could have been angry too.

Lets make this a color issue.
edit on 13-5-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The timing and proximity of the two trains is suspicious.

I am not disputing that. I was correcting the record as your post reads that the two trains are one and the same.
edit on 5/13/2015 by AllSourceIntel because: grammar

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Maybe an angry black crow or a troublesome white seagull decided to take down the train. I doubt if they have partridge there but I suppose that a brown pigeon could have been angry too.

Lets make this a color issue.

It could have been an African Swallow dropping a coconut.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 13-5-2015 by IAMTAT because: Vid link added

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I corrected the OP to clarify the distinction. TY

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

I KNEW IT. The Republicans caused the Amtrak crash! Those animals.

right...because that is what I implied (again shakes head).....I guess when a bridge collapses from lack of infrastructure spending, you'll say that I implied that the republicans caused the bridge to collapse, too...right?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Well they do control the House and the Senate, nor have they put any effort into actually improving infrastructure. So he really wasnt wrong now was he?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Seriously...They haven't even done the crash investigation yet...and you've already concluded it was caused by lack of money! Typical prog.-logic.

Does it matter to you that initial reports say the Amtrak train was speeding?
Maybe the engineer was one of those evil Republicans..eh? I'm sure they'll ask him when he's conscious.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Does anybody know if the high speed trains in Japan can easily be derailed like the old slow speed trains here in the U.S.? Just wondering if they've ever had problems with derailments like we've had in the U.S.. I still can't believe the U.S. is still behind other countries when it comes to high speed rail systems.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Slate is picking up that other trains were hit previously.

www.slate.com...

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
"message received"

the really weird coincidence is that it also happened almost the same way in 1943 during the height of ww2 according to news reporters

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The train was going 100 miles an hour on a curve by latest info..

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
Slate is picking up that other trains were hit previously.

www.slate.com...

Thanks for posting that. This is very curious.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join