It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists: Earth Endangered by New Strain of Fact-Resistant Humans

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

Tanks!

I wondered how they could determine that a planet was volcanic or covered with water or things like that. I figured either they were making it up or used a reverse engineered UFO to check the planet out.

Seriously, though. Good info.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Thanks for breaking that all down for me. I appreciate it. That was the concept I was thinking about. As far as the movement goes, technically the earth still moves around the sun, it just doesn't orbit it exactly around the center because the sun is affected by the earth and other planet's pulling on it. What you said makes sense and I have no problem with it, although it doesn't negate the revolution around the sun, it merely shows the average center point in which they revolve. The body of the earth still does indeed move around the body of the sun, even though it isn't an exact central point on the sun.

The earth definitely still revolves around the sun. In 3D view, it revolves behind it following the sun in a spiral pattern.
edit on 20-5-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

It's more fun to look at the ENTIRE solar system and apply this principle. The sun is gravitationally affected by EACH of the planets in the solar system, as well as all the other junk floating around space. By that same token, the moon and the earth share a similar relationship.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
"Fact Resistant Humans"? The real danger is when they become scientists

Corrupted science is destroying the environment, health and welfare of all of humanity.

Toxic vaccines, agro-chemicals, persistent toxins, radiation and many other lines of endeavor, are largely
promoted by fact resistant humans.

Even Geology and Paleontology are shaped by fact resistant "scientists".

Thomas Kuhn ably pointed out in "The Structure of Scientific Revolutions" that most scientist
aren't actually seeking the truth.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UMayBRite!

Yeah those darn evil fact resistant scientists that have studied science for decades. They totally know nothing!

"Corrupted HUMANS are destroying the environment, health and welfare of all of humanity. "

Fixed this for you. Science is a method and cannot be corrupt. Humans can be corrupt and misuse the scientific method, or apply the knowledge to do bad things. Scientists are not fact resistant in the least as experiments and data generally back their conclusions. But yeah, they don't force complete guesses like the existence of god into their equations, so they must be against TRUTH.

Folks just love to invoke guesses to explain what we do not understand and then have the gall the criticize science or scientists because they only deal with what can be objectively verified and proven. It's hilarious.

edit on 10-6-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I think the virus is spreading.

The Texas McKinney pool incident has displayed symptoms in those that are outraged by a cop doing his job.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: jinni73

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: tanka418

MINNEAPOLIS (The Borowitz Report) – Scientists have discovered a powerful new strain of fact-resistant humans who are threatening the ability of Earth to sustain life, a sobering new study reports.

The research, conducted by the University of Minnesota, identifies a virulent strain of humans who are virtually immune to any form of verifiable knowledge, leaving scientists at a loss as to how to combat them.
-- www.newyorker.com...

If this is supposed to be satire; why does it "feel" so right-on?

It seem that increasingly people simply refuse to actually "look" at the reality, the facts, the real world data, and come up with some barely related "notion" of their own...

I guess I'm just some relic of the ancient past; I rely on science, and data for everything.

Is this the onion?

It seems like the onion.

BTW, this is all just hyperbole.

There are many times more people today with scientific backgrounds, vs those in the past.

I don't get it.

Is this because people aren't buying the AGW bs?

The rockerfellers have controlled the education system for the last 100 years the human brain has decreased 10% in the last 100 years compared to 10% decrease over the previous 20,000 years.
the problems concerning the pollutants emitted since the start of the industrial period have greatly exacerbated the decrease in intelligence coinciding with the ruling classes extreme grip over this planet in the last 60 years leading to the a 50% extinction of land and 30% extinction of animal species.
repeated experiments by the military in using populations as test subjects in nuclear bacteria and chemical poisoning have also added to the problem.

No your just wrong there has been no decrease in brain size. And the size isn't what's important it's the folding. The trick with intelligence us surface area the more folds on the brain the greater the surface area. Elephants and blue whales brains dwarf ours. What's amazing is the human brain has mire surface area by a huge margin.

I'll go and talk to the guy who told me about it and find out where he got his info from.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

MINNEAPOLIS (The Borowitz Report) – Scientists have discovered a powerful new strain of fact-resistant humans who are threatening the ability of Earth to sustain life, a sobering new study reports.

The research, conducted by the University of Minnesota, identifies a virulent strain of humans who are virtually immune to any form of verifiable knowledge, leaving scientists at a loss as to how to combat them.
-- www.newyorker.com...

If this is supposed to be satire; why does it "feel" so right-on?

It seem that increasingly people simply refuse to actually "look" at the reality, the facts, the real world data, and come up with some barely related "notion" of their own...

I guess I'm just some relic of the ancient past; I rely on science, and data for everything.

Myself I'm looking forward to the culling of the human race by about 7 billion.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Relying on facts will leave you SOL for contributing anything meaningful to the sciences. Great discoveries in science require a lack of facts, disbelief in the current flavor of "truth" and raw intuition.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
Relying on facts will leave you SOL for contributing anything meaningful to the sciences. Great discoveries in science require a lack of facts, disbelief in the current flavor of "truth" and raw intuition.

Science doesn't work like that. To be taken seriously in science facts are required. Every single meaningful contribution to science happens when somebody proves something or finds evidence. Science is about scrutiny. They are basically trying to prove something wrong. Sometimes it may take a while for faulty ideas to be updated, but it's not like you are going to have a well substantiated theory like evolution suddenly be wrong. Intuition and educated guessing are only the very very first steps of the scientific method. After that it's all rigorous testing to see what can be learned. It's funny how whenever people criticize science, they criticize archaic science from before peer review and the modern scientific method. Let me guess, next you will say, "but science once said the earth was flat!!!!". Nope. Science never said that. Humans that didn't know much about the world said that.
edit on 1-7-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

You can't have models without data.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join