It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Cedar Rapids family members charged in Lebanon gun shipment plo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa — Four Iowa relatives with ties to Lebanon were charged today with conspiring to illegally ship a large number of guns and ammunition to Syria, hidden in supplies for refugees.
Federal agents intercepted cargo containers in March and again last week that were bound for Beirut carrying a total of 152 firearms and 16,000 rounds of ammunition, according to a criminal complaint unsealed today.

UPDATE: Cedar Rapids family members charged in Lebanon gun shipment plo

Friend of mine said dhs just raided the pizza place this morning....still looking into it

www.kcrg.com...

Apparently they found 152 firearms and 16000 rounds of ammo. Was hidden in a "clothing drive"....
edit on 5-12-2015 by clearmind because: stupid phone keypad...

edit on 13/5/2015 by ArMaP because: link corrected

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Had to double post cause my phone is stupid

Looks like a gunstore owner brought this the officials attention...they group, twice bought all his 5.7?!? Ammo...and wanting parts for assault weapons. The second linked artucke has mote info ( cant copy it from my phone)

So these people must have been pretty stupid to go about purchasing all the weapons the way they did.

Will wait to see if one of them had been in contact with fbi proir to this......

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: clearmind
Had to double post cause my phone is stupid

Looks like a gunstore owner brought this the officials attention...they group, twice bought all his 5.7?!? Ammo...and wanting parts for assault weapons. The second linked artucke has mote info ( cant copy it from my phone)

So these people must have been pretty stupid to go about purchasing all the weapons the way they did.

Will wait to see if one of them had been in contact with fbi proir to this......

Maybe the problem is that Mr Magoo link...I'm still blinded looking at it...anyway it seems they, (the FBI) had been watching for some time. What's not so clear is who or what organisation the arms were for.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: clearmind

Not even close to a large amount of guns and ammo...Hell that's a weekend here.

In a combat zone I can only imagine, with the atrocious firing discipline of middle eastern militaries and militants, that 150 and 16000 rounds of ammo would last about 15 minutes..not including celebratory fire.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Nothing in 'national propoganda' aka 'national news'.

As one poster said 152 guns isnt a large amount....but its the who, the how and how they got caught.

At this time of govt instilled fear of everything, this stody isnt getting any attention for a couple reasons.

1) the fbi didnt use a 'confidential informant' and provide the money, equipment, means and set these people up. A converned gunstore owner tipped the govt off.
" A federal complaint examined by The Gazette paints a picture of a conspiracy that came to light last year when an unnamed firearms dealer in Eastern Iowa became suspicious of large purchases of handguns, rifles and ammunition and tipped off authorities."

thegazette.com...

Sorta funny the govt wouldnt jump on this with thier " see something, say something" program. U would think that this story could be used as a shinning example of the program...so why didnt they?

2) with the amount of attention that is being heaped upon anything islam, muslim or middle east...i surprised that the news of a middle eastern family living in america smuggling guns to lebenon wouldnt get any attention. Hmmmm, maybe i should re- phrase that....a mddle eastern family from lebenon, who are legal american citizens, who legaly bought large amounts of guns and ammo, who made numorus trips to lebenon, were caught smuggling guns to a country that is in constant stuggle with isrseal. Dont want to make it seem like anybody but radicals are against isreal.

"Court documents so far have not disclosed who was receiving the guns, but suggest the activity might have pre-dated the Syrian civil war, which got underway in 2011. The four defendants were acquiring firearms legally from multiple fire arms dealer. One eastern Iowa dealer, however, became suspicious about the large purchases, including two incidents when the defendants bought out the shops entire stock of 5.7 mm ammunition."

www.foodsafetynews.com...

So it looks like this may have been going on for awhile,...maybe.

Is it because;
That despite all the regulations and overt govt survielance and that the govt didnt spot this activity that the govt doesnt want to make this a big story...
That it involves possible anti isreal position...
That the family invovled were legal american citizens from lebenon...

Things that make you go hmmmmm

top topics

join