It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most unusual thing you have ever owned?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I'm not looking for a competition here as I am guessing that the members of ATS are a strange bunch at best but I started thinking about some odd things that at some point have been in my possesion over the years.

I would love to year about what you have had or still had and why.

A few off the top of my head.

I had a stuffed antique baby aligator that used to sit on my desk for a while. I also had a half share in an 8 foot stuffed crocodile.

A 300 year old stone carved monkey head.

Pet wise I had a fire bellied newt with no legs called little stumps. I loved that guy.

On a twisted note an old house mate had a brick they found in Fred West's house until we made him get rid of it.

I find it interesting the things that you end up with over the years.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
you don't want to know about all the wired kinky stuff i own trust me......

other than that, i do own a role of "emergency toilet paper"

On a twisted note an old house mate had a brick they found in Fred West's house until we made him get rid of it.

WOW thats a wired one!!!

I don't really own anything as wired as that, don't know anyone who does.
edit on 12-5-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
you don't want to know about all the wired kinky stuff i own trust me......

other than that, i do own a role of "emergency toilet paper"

WOW thats a wired one!!!

I don't really own anything as wired as that, don't know anyone who does.

You can tell us we won't judge you...

No really whats you got in the basment?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
A video copy of a mock-up production of a MST-3K of Star Trek: The Search for God ... Ok, that's not the real name, but that's the title it will always have for me. "What does god want with a star ship?"

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yes I think their are a few kinky bits and bobs loitering in my home too but what the hell

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

As a child, I had a stuffed Koala bear and a stuffed Kangaroo as toys... they were made from the real fur/claws/teeth, which is completely illegal now.

My dad brought them back for me when he was stationed in Australia for six months with the navy.

Other than that, my current empty beer bottle collection in the garage is quite impressive.

It's our retirement savings account... or if combined with a large slingshot, would make for a great castle defense mechanism should the zombie apocalypse kick in.

Whichever comes first.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Do my kids count?

They are pretty weird...

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

As a child, I had a stuffed Koala bear and a stuffed Kangaroo as toys... they were made from the real fur/claws/teeth, which is completely illegal now.

My dad brought them back for me when he was stationed in Australia for six months with the navy.

Other than that, my current empty beer bottle collection in the garage is quite impressive.

It's our retirement savings account... or if combined with a large slingshot, would make for a great castle defense mechanism should the zombie apocalypse kick in.

Whichever comes first.

Your Stuffed toys bought back another odd possesion memory!

I had a "paddington Bear" stuffed toy as a child. In my early 20's I saw a tv show about collectables and they said they were worth several hundred pounds, I rang my mother to let her know I intended to come over and grab him to sell(early youth and all, cash is cash).

My mother then informed me that it was not an origional but had in fact been made by a serial killer in the secure mental institute my uncle worked in when I was young.

Any time my mother says I am unusual I point out that my beloved childhood pal was in fact made by a mass murderer.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
A toilet seat made of actual barbwire, never installed it though

We had two Emu's for a year, they didn't like children which we had 3 of, so they went for sale, they were cute though.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SilentE
Do my kids count?

They are pretty weird...
If anything like mine then I would say yes but in fairness with me as a parent it is somewhat to be expected.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
A toilet seat made of actual barbwire, never installed it though

We had two Emu's for a year, they didn't like children which we had 3 of, so they went for sale, they were cute though.

Do you miss them? and was it hard to sell the kids?

How are the Emu's

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I really put some thought into trying to remember something. Then I realized I still own something pretty weird.

I have every report put out by the House Committee on un-American activities during the 50s and 60s when they conducted their witchhunt in Hollywood and across the country.

But I have the feeling people that have read my post aren't to surprised by that.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I will let that one hang, to funny

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I have some ivory Billikens that my great-grandmother bought in Alaska in the 1950s.

In the 1950s my grandfather went to Korea to help set up a phone system there. When he was leaving, he was presented with a beautiful black wooden box with inlaid abalone. You lift the lid and there is a little metal ash tray and also a place to put cigarettes, and another place to put matches. There is an inscription on the underside of the lid but it is in Korean so I don't know what it says. There is also a matching case for playing cards. These are mine now and I do treasure them.

Sal

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I also have a copy of the Star Wars Christmas special with all the commericals.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I don't think anything else need be said.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I also have a copy of the Star Wars Christmas special with all the commericals.

I bet you do not have a full set of starwars individual cereals in your spare room though do you?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I have a 4ft Batman Doll

About 50 stuffed animals

6 really strange cats

and

A wooden pocket knife my father in law carved for me

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Without a doubt, it would be THIS:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

(I still own it and it remains a mystery to this day)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

tell the truth.....

Does it say "Made in China" on the back....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join