It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India's Tiger population increases by 30% and Asiatic Lion population by 27%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Tiger Population Increase

Asiatic Lion

Considering 70% of the tiger population lives in India this is very good news. India adopts the "Double Sampling Approach" of counting wildlife - a combination of direct sightings, photographs through camera traps, pug marks, scats analysis/sampling combined with GPS tracking technology to document each lion and avoid double counting.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Now keep them alive puny earthlings!
We need more human population decrease but mother nature is already taking care of that. To much blood dripping down to the core...

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

This is great news - I've been afraid we will lose tigers in my lifetime but maybe things are beginning to turn around.

Big cats like these are so majestic and are such fascinating creatures. India should be the posterchild for Tiger Conservation Initiatives!

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Thanks, I hope this is accurate data. The loss of major animal species should be a top-tier priority for whoever plays in TPTB arena, and hopefully the chimps, elephants, and gorillas will also somehow come back from the brink.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Nice! I just hope they aren't increasing because of a big food supply of humans. Too few predators isn't a good thing for any area. I can understand taking out a dangerous one, that is a real threat to people, but using them for various commercial purposes, till they are extinct, just isn't right.

top topics

join