It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rioting/Rebellion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I can't help it. A part of me gets happy when I hear about any form of rebellion. I just hate how deeply ingrained our system is, and how we all just so passively accept it. So, there is a part of me that is always happy to hear of almost any form of rebellion. Anyone else?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Not if it means innocent people get hurt and innocent business owners suffer. a reply to: TheJourney

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Sorry, but I gotta agree with MrCrowley. Rioting solves nothing, and only makes the problem worse.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjsr420
Sorry, but I gotta agree with MrCrowley. Rioting solves nothing, and only makes the problem worse.

What has worked to change things over the last 50 years?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
A riot is just a bunch of people throwing a tantrum and generally hurting their own instead of the ones they're really angry at.

A true rebellion/revolution is different as it actually identifies and moves against the institutions and powerbases of the system it seeks to topple or take control of.

So ... Boston Tea Party was something of a riot even thought they struck against a representative of the oppressive system. But the American Revolution was organized, armed resistance against the military of the British government and the sympathetic colonists.

You could say that the stand-off at the Bundy Ranch was similar to Lexington/Concord except that the Redcoats (Feds) did not fire on the civilians showing resistance.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well, I'm sure tptb want to Nationalize the US Police Force before Obama's term is over so, if you're in the USA you have a lot of manufactured riots and protests to look forward to in the near future.

If you're not in the USA, you can always come over for the action. The most likely places to visit for protest and riot action will be Large Cities controlled by Democrats...they are already greasing the skids.
edit on 11-5-2015 by Noobarino because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
There is anger, but it is misdirected and heavily orchestrated, in my humble opinion.

There is nothing that "they" don't anticipate.

If people really want to change, then they must start thinking 5 to 10 moves ahead.

Because government already has, trust me on this.

Or better yet, don't trust me or anyone else on the net.

No-one even farts anymore without the government having a stockpile of air freshener already in play.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

You're a regular ray of sunshine!

Remind me not to invite you to the rebellion. Of course, you might not even bother to come figuring TPTB have us beaten before we even begin.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
They want you to riot and rebel against your fellow community members. The only way to change the system is complete subversion.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

I can't help it. A part of me gets happy when I hear about any form of rebellion. I just hate how deeply ingrained our system is, and how we all just so passively accept it. So, there is a part of me that is always happy to hear of almost any form of rebellion. Anyone else?

I used to think that way
I am still a rebel ... but like Beezer said you have to get smart

Sure mass peaceful demonstration would be a good but it never seems to happen ... the media spins it and turns it against the protesters or secret agency plants stir up trouble
Then you have those who are just out for trouble

Things get heated ... people become hysterical at the wall of police between them and the target of their protest
The one's who the protest is aimed at are never there anyway
Like cowardly Generals upon a hill watching the carnage unfold below

I never attend protests for this reason ... I do not want some ass hole in mask undermining my message
Take it to those who have real influence ... be an influence not a pawn in the game
Speak / write your message clearly ... state your truth honourably

No one wants Chaos but most everyone wants order ... by order I do not mean the Status Quo
I want to live in a world free of violence and chaos and the other ills which serve to divide us
I do not want to moan on about how unfair it all is ... we all know that already ... and moaning on changes nothing
Take responsibility ... be the change you wish to see ... walk your talk

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

They want you to riot and rebel against your fellow community members. The only way to change the system is complete subversion

Very succinctly put and very true

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjsr420

Society was built by the productive individual instincts that people share and only through them will it be repaired.

We all have to work to make our own individual lives better before we can attempt to solve anyone else's problems. As we become more independent we can devote more time to improving all aspects of our environment, including and especially the political one.

There must be a national epiphany with respect to bloated government. When it happens, the change will not be revolutionary, it will be therapeutic and restorative.

Destruction isn't even on the agenda.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Being happy about violence does not make the world a more peaceful place. Only keeping love/empathy/compassion, will make the world a more peaceful place. Many people already believe anger/violence is the way to bring peace. They are incorrect.
edit on 12-5-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Here's how I see it. We have a government that is out of control because of money, mainly. Big corporations. They rely on money. Why don't we gather a bunch of support for consumers to possibly STOP spending money on things they don't absolutely need?

Or, take it further and gather enough support for millions of people to simultaneously refuse to pay bills (rent, electric, water, etc.) That would topple the system pretty quick, and would get plenty of attention. It could possibly start something big if the idea gets out.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I'm just tired of the incomparably greater levels of anger demonstrated towards people who react to the system as opposed to the system itself.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

Imagine if, instead of rebelling and destroying, people used all of that effort to give food and help the homeless (and each other). Things would have become more happy, peaceful, and loving, a long time ago.
edit on 12-5-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney
I'm just tired of the incomparably greater levels of anger demonstrated towards people who react to the system as opposed to the system itself.

Police kill man, clearly being completely I the wrong, gets off 100% free
Response: well, you know, it's a tricky situation. Yes there may be some problems, but what can you do.

People group together and demonstrate their frustration with the situation. A window gets broken.
Response: THOSE SUB-HUMAN PIECES OF #! WASTE OF LIFE!

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I think it is just stupid. The people violently attacking each other, dividing the masses further, gives the government even more power.

What if everyone refused to go to work one day?
All the transport drivers refused to transport goods?
Something like that?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
People will be oppresed till a point of no return, i cant say when the next rebellion happen, but they always do.

We are too many to let the man put us down for so long.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Well, there's that, and...
to get new Televisions and Nikes

top topics

<<   2 >>

join