It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sperm Has Been Created In A Laboratory For The First Time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

French researchers have claimed, raising hopes of treatment for infertile men.

A company based in in Lyon said they had created human sperm in vitro, a feat which would be a world first.

Isabelle Cuoc, the CEO of the Kallistem laboratory, said: “Kallistem is addressing a major issue whose impacts are felt worldwide: the treatment of male infertility.

“Our team is the first in the world to have developed the technology required to obtain fully formed spermatozoa [sperm] in vitro with sufficient yield for IVF.”

Kallistem said it has taken male fertility tissue, known as spermatogonia, and turned it into mature sperm in test tubes. This complex process usually takes 72 days.

However,

But until the publication of a patent on 23 June for the process, called Artisem, the company is refusing to disseminate their results.

The lack of scientific findings published in a peer-reviewed journal has led to experts from around the world calling for caution to be exercised while further work is conducted.

Professor Allan Pacey, an expert in male fertility at the University of Sheffield, said he remained sceptical until the research has reviewed.

Ill Hold my thoughts on this for now ,But I am curious to know what you members think about this "if true" of course . I mean I don't know why a company would come out and make the claim and jeopardize it's reputation if it weren't true . We will just have to wait until more info comes about .
LINK

Your thoughts ?

Kap
edit on 11-5-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Fantastic concept, if valid. All though I can't help feel that women should be a main focus for infertility. Psychologically speaking, they would suffer the most from the thought of being unable to bear children.

Nevertheless, this is a fantastic discovery if true. Hopefully all the necessary, and responsible scientific actions were taken in order for this to be as it claims.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
There's a baby daddy joke in this somewhere....

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

I am little concerned about this awesome advancement in technology.

I have ONLY 1 Question:
Aren't we already overpopulated?

(Yes, for the individuals who can PROPERLY Raise a child & can't "create" one, this is Helpful to them. = Good)
(No, for those who are NOT fit to be parents...just want a baby anyways.... = Bad)

To the OP (more questions.lol)
Whats your take on this find for future development?
Are we gonna turn into a 1 Race World?

Regards,

edit on th28Mon, 11 May 2015 15:28:54 -0500K201555431pm5 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

I've considered this too, although the discovery of this wouldn't really make such a ripple in overpopulation. The world needs some form of "birth control" to prevent people from having 5 children (just an example, but it's a completely unnecessary amount in a first world country). Honestly, if first world countries could all instate what china has, that would be a great impact.

This discovery, however, could just allow intelligent, biologically-healthy individuals to reproduce, where previously they could not. I'm all in favor for that.

I would further argue that those who "are not fit to have a baby" are usually the people who accidentally get pregnant. If they actually go out and seek treatment for infertility, at least those parents know that they want one and are planning for one.
edit on 11/5/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

I am little concerned about this awesome advancement in technology.

I have ONLY 1 Question:
Aren't we already overpopulated?

(Yes, for the individuals who can PROPERLY Raise a child & can't "create" one, this is Helpful to them. = Good)
(No, for those who are NOT fit to be parents...just want a baby anyways.... = Bad)

To the OP (more questions.lol)
Whats your take on this find for future development?
Are we gonna turn into a 1 Race World?

Regards,

yes , I am of the Opinion that this advancement is both a positive and negative.

I don't wish to give a premature assessment because really this can go in any direction .

I don't feel we are overpopulated ...yet ! , But my concern is the children whom mothers and fathers have abandon them ? Will this have an impact on Adoption ?

I hope not ,but again it's to early to tell .

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I am surprised they announced this before getting a patent in place but whatever.

I don't know what it is like to want children and not have them because my wife and I had our family with no problems whatsoever so I can only imagine the heartbreak when a couple desperately want their own little ones and can't manage it. In the past people just had to accept their lot and focus elsewhere.

That said though, I thought ity strange when I grad about scientists creating an artificial womb and wondered why when we have to many wombs that work and surragacy and now we have artificial sperm although people can, in the main adopt a little one. With the population as it is I suspect many will be thinking we are already overpopulated. But still I suspect its not the same when you can't have one of your own. I just wish they would concentrate on health issues like curing cancer etc.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Great Point..Adoption. I haven't thought of the implications of that...

But, Ghost make a good point too. We use this technology for a better humans in the future...

This may be useful technology after the purge? Those who survive are "guaranteed" a healthy son or daughter...?

What do you guys think about that? an Agenda 21 after purge Plan?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This could be a very explosive development!

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

There's a baby daddy joke in this somewhere.

Glad I'm not the only irreverent one...this had me giggling as soon as I read it

But until the publication of a patent on 23 June for the process, called Artisem, the company is refusing to disseminate their results.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
a reply to: SirKonstantin

I've considered this too, although the discovery of this wouldn't really make such a ripple in overpopulation. The world needs some form of "birth control" to prevent people from having 5 children (just an example, but it's a completely unnecessary amount in a first world country). Honestly, if first world countries could all instate what china has, that would be a great impact.

This discovery, however, could just allow intelligent, biologically-healthy individuals to reproduce, where previously they could not. I'm all in favor for that.

I would further argue that those who "are not fit to have a baby" are usually the people who accidentally get pregnant. If they actually go out and seek treatment for infertility, at least those parents know that they want one and are planning for one.

I agree entirely, but I also worry that those hat go out and accidently get pregnant really aren't the problem. Its those that go out and get pregnant because they see the benefits afforded to those with children, almost as an income. I give I less than a year before they're claiming human right violations if denied this treatment (FOC of course)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
What goes on in modern labs, is creepy as anything.

We don't need more sperm to bring more humans into the reality.

We need less. So in my eyes, thus is counterproductive research right now.

Flame me; but the truth stands, we need less babies in a world of struggle and chaos.. Such money and time could go to invent cures and rejuvenate Earth.

Then let's help the gentlemen with poor sperm..

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Yay, just what we all need, more male ejaculate!!

Good job science. You've just created a way to get even more of what we have no shortage of and probably will never run out of. Money and time well spent.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Many of us got their nuts cut so we wouldn't have anymore kids. Why do they need to be making sperm cells. How will a person know if it is a hoax when his wife gets pregnant. This happened with one big clinic where the doctor was using his own sperm.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Wow. All that's left to figure out how to synthesize is spermatogonium. If these French scientists are actually legit and if we can replicate spermatogonium, there would be no biological reason for males to exist. How long do you think a patriarchal paradigm will last when males are no longer required for the equation?

Just a thought.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Really, really cool. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

My first though is the relief this will give many a fella.

I know there are lots of options including adoption etc...but for some guys it's more than that.

Maybe my father instilled it in me, and his before, or maybe it's a deep wanting and needing to see "what I am" continue through the ages and not stop due to myself or an action that I could have prevented.

I see all of us as unique creatures with bloodlines that go back millions of years for each...and to me that's amazing and beautiful like a painting.

BTW I didn't over populate even with the continuance desire...one of each.

Cheers!

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Wow. All that's left to figure out how to synthesize is spermatogonium. If these French scientists are actually legit and if we can replicate spermatogonium, there would be no biological reason for males to exist. How long do you think a patriarchal paradigm will last when males are no longer required for the equation?

Just a thought.

the first step in the extermination of man has begun. soon, the women will be unstoppable...

edit on 11-5-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
Yay, just what we all need, more male ejaculate!!

Good job science. You've just created a way to get even more of what we have no shortage of and probably will never run out of. Money and time well spent.

Well YOU'RE here, right?
I guess you're glad male ejaculate didn't run out before you were born!

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: tvtexan
Well YOU'RE here, right?
I guess you're glad male ejaculate didn't run out before you were born!

If it's one thing we'll never run out of it's sperm. I know I personally make millions a day and I can't seem to get rid of them fast enough.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You can always remove yourself out of the gene pool if you feel so strongly about it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join