It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop hating Jesus, lets talk about mutual respect.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Why do you hate Jesus

So what that you think Jesus was just a man. That "man" was still telling people that slavery is wrong, that killing people is wrong, that those who rule are unfair and cruel.

Even if he was just a man, does he not deserve some respect, it took balls in those days to be an activist.

Ah but you don't believe Jesus existed at all. Well so what, the fictional character of Jesus is still about a guy who stood for something right, for better way to live. Whoever invented the story was trying to talk about right VS wrong, that's the theme.

If you don't believe in Jesus that is your right, but deep down some of you hate the very name Jesus. Ask yourself why, why do you feel this way.

Jesus sounds like a cool guy to hang out with, would you rather prefer to hang out with bloodthirsty Cesar, or one of those crazy a*ss priests at the time, or twitchy eye angry gladiators.

Give me a break, and give Jesus a break will ya.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
If you are activist today you get a beating from police and you get 6 months jail. Some get suicided but not many.

In roman times if you got a problem with the state and government you get fed alive to lions.

For that reason ALONE Jesus deserves respect.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I've got nothing wrong with the good aspects of Jesus.

It would be interesting to hang out with him though.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I dont think it is with Jesus they have the problem with but with people who have made Jesus their Lord and savior, the claims Jesus made about himself that they spread around. If Jesus had no influence on their lives, they wouldn't hate him, it is because He has influenced history and personal stories so much that they hate him. The pharisees were the same,
Act 5:40 and they called the apostles back in. They had them beaten with a whip and warned them not to speak in the name of Jesus. Then they let them go.

edit on 11/5/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Ritter327

Too late - he called it.

"And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake, but he who endures to the end shall be saved"

Therefore you should actually take solace in being denigrated, ridiculed and mocked every time you profess your faith in his word, or mention his name.

Just think about that for a moment.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

i dont hate the meme of " jesus "

but if you are calling for ` mutual respect ` - how about followers of christianity have respect for those who dont want to follow thier dictates ????????????????

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I've not met a single person who is against religion, that is against Jesus.

Jesus was awesome. What most anti-religious folk wish is that people were more "Christ Like", instead of "Christian".

I'm an atheist, bordering agnostic, and I would never talk down about Jesus.

~Tenth

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I don't hate Jesus.

I hate his modern day followers because they are all a bunch of hypocrites.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I don't know of anyone who "hates" the idea of Jesus. Like you said, even if he didn't really exist, the character was pretty cool. Where do you get the idea Jesus is "hated"?

I don't think we can expect people to "respect" someone they think is imaginary, though... I don't know if Jesus actually existed or not, but if he did, I think he was just a man... a very interesting and wise man. Just my belief.

My problem, as ignorant_ape said, is the PEOPLE who profess to follow Jesus and proceed to be real jerks to those who don't share their beliefs, insisting that other people behave as their religion dictates.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I don't hate Jesus. I hate people who consider themselves Christians and Christ like when all they are are hypocrites. If Christians were more like Jesus, I might not have such an issue with them. I'm being very general. I know not all Christians are like that. The majority in my opinion are. I'm an Atheist borderline agnostic. I hate hypocrites and hypocritical teachings.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I don't know of anyone who "hates" the idea of Jesus. Like you said, even if he didn't really exist, the character was pretty cool. Where do you get the idea Jesus is "hated"?

I don't think we can expect people to "respect" someone they think is imaginary, though... I don't know if Jesus actually existed or not, but if he did, I think he was just a man... a very interesting and wise man. Just my belief.

My problem, as ignorant_ape said, is the PEOPLE who profess to follow Jesus and proceed to be real jerks to those who don't share their beliefs, insisting that other people behave as their religion dictates.

You nailed it my friend. Exactly how I feel.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Jesus (PBUH) is awesome!

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Mutual respect? You were born yesterday right? There will never be respect for atheists from the christian community. You don't even have respect for eachother. You can't even offer it to us. You do realize that christians have been far more disrespectful towards atheists than vise versa. The atheist movement has only been going on for a few decades. Christianity has been spreading itself by the sword for thousands of years. An uncountable butchers bill. Think about that. Christianity is only popular because it was assimilate or be put to death. Death!!!
They spread this good news around the world at the tip of a sword and now you want mutual respect?

Atheists are despized among the christian community. We are the most hated demographic in the world, because we ask for evidence instead of blindly jumping off the cliff.

At this point, If you want mutual respect you will have to convince me that your ideas are respectable (have any merit) and that jesus was even real.

People don't hate jesus, any more than you hate the spaghetti monster. Both are just memes at best. What we hate are your unfounded claims and the repeated rhetoric that you all parrot whenever confronted with opposition to these claims. That and the arrogance that so many of you display because you feel you are on the winning team, but your star player never shows up to the game.

Why do you hate atheists? Because we don't believe in jesus? All we are doing is pointing out the facts and the glaring lack of believability in the fairy tales that you use to support him.

Mutual respect indeed. I think what you really want is for people to stop giving you good reasons to doubt the fairy tale yourself.

edit on 11-5-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ritter327
If you are activist today you get a beating from police and you get 6 months jail. Some get suicided but not many.

In roman times if you got a problem with the state and government you get fed alive to lions.

For that reason ALONE Jesus deserves respect.
Huh????

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I do not even know if a Jesus of Nazareth even existed, but I do know that super autobiographical memories are extraordinarily rare and the stories about such a figure were written down years after the acclaimed death of him so it is impossible for the books of the NT to have documented what he may have actually said or taught with any measurable order of accuracy.

I find his character interesting the same way I find the Hercules character as interesting so hate isn't even in that equation.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Ritter327 why do christians hate Jesus. None seem to act as he would have acted. The opposite in fact. I very much doubt jesus would have campaigned against gay marriage like so many christians do

edit on 11-5-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I don't hate Jesus, but I don't think he makes a very good role model.

My problem is with his followers, especially the ones who wrote about him in the Bible, after his death, early church fathers who assumed His authority and had millions of people murdered in his name and self righteous hypocrites pretending they know God and what He wants.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

It's not Jesus people have a problem with, it's the hypocrisy and political power SOME of His so called followers have that we have a problem with.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Too late - he called it.

"And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake, but he who endures to the end shall be saved"

Therefore you should actually take solace in being denigrated, ridiculed and mocked every time you profess your faith in his word, or mention his name.

Just think about that for a moment.

Hope you don't mind if I add a little to that...
Matthew 5

11 “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Uuhhh.... Where in the story does jesus say slavery is wrong? Slavery is often spoke of in the old and new testament. Usually dealing with how one should punish their slaves and nowhere in the entire book does jesus or any other character speak against the concept of owning people. Just how those who are owned should be treated.

Please read your religious books before making claims about what is written in them. You will likely be surprised and shocked at what those stories actually say compared to what you were told they said.

<<   2  3 >>

join