It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish Ship attacked in Libya.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
This is just hitting the news now.
rt.com...

They say the ship was attacked by the air as well. Well that doesnt sound good.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: aarys

A Turkish dry cargo ship has been attacked near the Libyan port city of Tobruk, the country’s foreign ministry says. A ship officer was killed and several crew members injured.

The ship was first shelled from the shore as it was approaching the area, the Turkish ministry said on Monday. It was then attacked from the air as it was trying to leave the area.

The ministry didn’t specify who was behind the assault.

Libya remains in turmoil after the fall of Muammar Gaddafi in the popular uprising of 2011 and NATO bombing campaign. At the moment, two separate governments both claiming to be legitimate exist.

The country is divided by faction fighting and impoverished by the economic decline that followed the hostilities. It has also become a hotbed of international terrorism, with Iraq and Syria-based group Islamic State sending its fighters to Libya.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I wonder if the reason for this attack was because the Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu visted the Ottoman tomb the other day. Some Muslims take that as a huge insult. Maybe another member here could inform us more on how it was a insult.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Now what does Libya have against Turkey?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

There have been some internal power issues with the Libyan rulers in addition to neighboring countries doing their won thing inside Libya, including air strikes. I wonder if there was something on the ship or dropped off by that ship that made it a target (assuming it was intentionally targeted).

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

What Xcathdra forget to mention is that Libya is now a cesspool of terrorism crime and poverty.

Thanks to US Nd NATO bringing them freedom by destroying their government, currency, and resources.

RR
edit on 11-5-2015 by Ritter327 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Ritter327

I didn't forget to mention it. As I stated earlier, maybe you should read peoples post before accusing them of something you cant support.

Considering your join date it makes one wonder what your agenda is.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

And Yemen is right behind Libya. A huge mess. A huge war is on the horizon. There's a reason why the worlds powers have been beating there chest lately.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Do you have a problem with lurkers joining ATS to contribute.

Write now I am preparing a thread on grays which I think is important.

I am sure you will soon post something anti Russia.

RR

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

I have a problem when you attack me in 2 thread without bothering to read or understand my posts and then accuse me of something I didn't do. With the number of people banned and the sudden influx of green names who seem to pick up where they left off it makes one wonder.

Discuss the topic and leave me out of your posts.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

Perhaps Libya, and others, have zero interest in a resurgent Ottoman Empire with Turkey again the dominant power in the Islamic world.

What was the Turkish ship doing in Libya? Innocuous or otherwise.....

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: asen_y2k

Perhaps Libya, and others, have zero interest in a resurgent Ottoman Empire with Turkey again the dominant power in the Islamic world.

What was the Turkish ship doing in Libya? Innocuous or otherwise.....

Bringing weapons to ISIS du lol. No, seriously that is probably the truth and if so, you probably will not hear anything out of that punk Erdoğans mouth about this attack. Turkey is a serious treat to anyone and everyone in the area. Why they are still in NATO is baffling as they will not come to anyone's aid anymore, even when they said they would they don't.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This is a problem. Turks are not known for being mellow.

new topics

top topics

join