It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Tiny Town Near St. Louis Is Making Minor-Crime Arrests At 100 Times The National Average

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

They don't have sheriff elections? That sucks. Then you can never change the way law enforcement handles things.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Spider879

You know normally people don't pay attention to things like local sheriff elections, but I'm sure the people in that town will be paying attention come election time.

I sure hope so it's a much better alternative than rioting or demonstration that may lead to rioting.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Another case of stupid laws leading to stupid reasons to arrest people.

But, hey, if the people are dumb enough to elect people that make bad laws, that's on them, as is the fact that they're breaking said laws. Don't get made at the [law enforcement] people for actually doing their jobs--we need more of that so that people actually understand that there are repercussions to disregarding the laws of your society.

Apparently the biggest issues are (a) the prevelance of bad laws and (b) that those in the communities can't seem to stop breaking said laws. The laws won't change if they continue to use them to provide the system with a steady income.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Another case of stupid laws leading to stupid reasons to arrest people.

But, hey, if the people are dumb enough to elect people that make bad laws, that's on them, as is the fact that they're breaking said laws. Don't get made at the [law enforcement] people for actually doing their jobs--we need more of that so that people actually understand that there are repercussions to disregarding the laws of your society.

Apparently the biggest issues are (a) the prevelance of bad laws and (b) that those in the communities can't seem to stop breaking said laws. The laws won't change if they continue to use them to provide the system with a steady income.

uhmm...your (A) and (B) don't belong together.....if you have a "bad" law, then of course you can't stop from breaking it, because it was set up in the first place to be broken. didn't that one woman say she got fined $25 for her dog peeing in the womans own yard?......where else is a dog suppose to pee?.....are there public dog bathrooms scattered around the city?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Well if this town is similar to another town near St. Louis, Ferguson, there is a reason there are 100 X the national average.

The reason is they commit crimes at 100 X the national average.

But no that can't be the reason must be the racist police

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
uhmm...your (A) and (B) don't belong together.....if you have a "bad" law, then of course you can't stop from breaking it, because it was set up in the first place to be broken. didn't that one woman say she got fined $25 for her dog peeing in the womans own yard?......where else is a dog suppose to pee?.....are there public dog bathrooms scattered around the city?

Wrong.

You can have bad laws (or stupid laws, as I also called them) and still refrain from breaking them. For instance, take possession of marijuana--to me, it is asinine to have a law against an individual having a substance in their possession with intent for personal use that will cause no harm to others. Basically, I'm talking about victimless crimes...like jaywalking, or (as gross as it sounds) picking up road kill you find on the road (yes, that's illegal in quite a few states).

So, just those three examples are what I would consider a bad law, yet you can easily make it through life without breaking any of them. Not all bad laws set people up for failure, but I would argue that all bad/stupid/pointless laws are set up for the main purpose of taking money from citizenry for use in the government machine.

And I agree with you...if not in your own yard, where should a dog pee? Again...a stupid law, but one that can be abided by. I'm wondering if that was more an enforceable infraction of a HOA rule than a city ordinance, but who knows.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer

Well if this town is similar to another town near St. Louis, Ferguson, there is a reason there are 100 X the national average.

The reason is they commit crimes at 100 X the national average.

But no that can't be the reason must be the racist police

Even U! really don't believe that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join