It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Aliens Believe in Aliens?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
a reply to: tanka418

I think a civilization's life span could be very different than that species' life span. A far-reaching space-faring civilization may die (i.e., no longer be a far-reaching space-faring civilization), while the actual species lives on.

Consider the dark ages here on Earth, when much of our civilization (much of our science, art, culture, and knowledge in general) almost died.

I quite agree. There are probably as many reasons to stop being a space faring civilization, as there are to start. And, personally, I think I would think of that as a part of the evolutionary process for the civilization and perhaps the species as well.

This is something that we actually have not had the opportunity to know yet. We can make guesses at how long a species may live, based on what we know...but, while there have been several, shall we say; mini-civilizations here on Earth, that have gone by the way side, the Human population, and the "Human civilization" continues still. And, all of those "mini-civilizations" are more a "resting point" in the overall evolution of the Human civilization.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If you think about it, we're aliens to someone, somewhere else, out in the universe. We're such a tiny blip in another blip within another blip, and so on. Who knows what all is out there in the vastness. The scenario you present is incredibly likely.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: SPECULUM

I've wondered, if there is some Alien dude sitting watching Dancing With Binary Quazars or somesuch crap. Then all of a sudden the Seti signal burns through and up pop's Friends.

Is it just me? Or would anybody else be unsettled with an alien civilization getting that first impression of us?

You don't think that Phoebe singing "Smelly Cat" is a good first impression??

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Earth is just a rest stop for space fairing races in their travels..We humans do the same things on Road trips or School Excursions,Science trips..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join