It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Horizons and The Future Economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The idea of a job is dieing a slow death as technology makes it so that less people are needed to sustain the needs of the society. A new system of currency as a means of trade for services and goods is on the horizon the question you should be asking yourself is what is that system is and how will it be implement?

After the uprisings and riots to come in the future a balance will be restored with a new economic system and a new currency that will allow everyone to participate on a class and socially based barter system.

This is my prediction.
edit on 5/10/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

"After the uprisings and riots to come in the future a balance will be restored with a new economic system and a new currency that will allow everyone to participate on a class and socially based barter system."

That smacks of Peter Joseph to me. His utopian society that he put forth in Zietgiest.

I think the world is heading in the totally opposite direction, the one I see it now heading down already. Absolute total control over all aspects of human thought under the guide of a scientific dictatorship, rules by 'experts' and 'authorities'.

I see a human population placated to the point where death no longer fazes them, not even their own deaths. The lives of other people are added up via one simple equation "How much money did they earn per month"? If it's not above $30,000 did their life really matter? Isn't their death more of a 'favour'?

I see a control structure so complete, so overwhelmingly invasive that to even think about questioning it will raise a synapse alert with the ministry of thought control and hate crimes division who will then charge you with hating yourself, arguably a hate crime. The inability to form coherent thoughts, thanks in part to the meds, renders you incapable of reason and so when the death penalty is given you're almost thankful.

I see a world where children are turned against their parents and taught ONLY state instituted programs that will further the 'human' agenda of passivity and social calm. All form of ' intellectual chaos' such as freedom of thought will be strictly abandoned in case of an acts of 'selfish tyranny' against the collective, or even worse individualistic anarchic expression, which in turn leads to self learning and self learning is the most dangerous form of rebellion against the collective.

I see a gradual changing of the language we've all become accustomed to, in order to bring forward a new, more easily understandable language that fazes out both the need to rationalise and the need to reason. Words will not be 'meaning heavy' and will instead just 'point to things' as they were originally intended. Words such as 'freedom' and 'escape' which have various outlandish and confusing conjecture added will be disallowed so that the collective isn't threatened by their usage. The favourite word of the collective should and will be 'acceptance'.

I see a world where the human is essentially pushed out of existence by a handful of 'elite' personages who, thanks in part to their 'immortal wisdom', have been living separate from the collective, reaping the rewards of their forced labour, as they seek to extend their lives and live in mechanically enhanced bodies. When their plan to reduce the population goes into effect it will be called the 'awakening'. It will be beautiful except........ There's going to be no one left to see it.

In short. I see a world that's being built around me as I type these things.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Sounds like North Korea.

Great post. A star for you.

The trick is pulling it off while convincing the slave they're still free.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Do we need convincing?

“Man only honours what he conquers or defends.”
― Joseph Goebbels

When was the last time the average man really defended his fellow human being? And I mean REALLY?

They have, and continue to, conquer our minds. We're already slaves. They don't even need us to think we're free anymore.

The best political weapon is the weapon of terror. Cruelty commands respect. Men may hate us. But, we don't ask for their love; only for their fear.
Heinrich Himmler

Read more at www.brainyquote.com...

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
As long as we have the idea of economics--the concepts of "commodity exchange" and, of course, the "labor commodity"--we will never be free.

Any new society we build cannot contain any remnant of the old, lest we doom ourselves to an unfortunate repetition.

This, somewhat understandably, scares the s# out of most people, which is why I don't hold out much hope for anything changing for the positive in the foreseeable future.

People are far too comfortable in their slavery to make any serious effort to... well, do anything to shake the apple cart.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Precisely. Our prison isn't really even a prison. It's simply the way our minds operate at now. Such a tragedy, there is NO solution for our problem now other than a total and complete reset. Or for the Messiah to return (my opinion, please don't hate) as people's minds are simply not capable of thinking outside their confines.

Any trade system is DOOMED to failure, instantly. Anyone with a lick of sense can see it, though they wont admit it. They're simply too greedy.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I think you may be right in the short term but this that in the long term (if we are still around) we will discover that a human touch is necessary for quality in just about everything.

A contenpory example of how frustrating 'automated systems' can be and how easily they go wrong. Take automated payment systems, like those for your phone, internet and other 'subscription' services. How often do the options presneted actually coincide with what you need to do, or answer a question you may have. How often is it impossible to correct a mistake or even speak with a person that has the authority to correct a mistake.

Sure these 'automated systems' are cheaper and more 'cost effective' for owners and stock holders but they don't effeciently serve the consumer that creates the wealth these systems are dependent upon.

Does an endless 'press X for Y' cycle answer question you have about a tax bill or a utility bill.

Remote medical services seem to be up and coming. Do you really want a doctor in India operating on you in Iowa? What if the system breaks mid-procedure or the power (any where along the line) goes out. What about legal concerns - if they make it worse or errors are made who do you sue? The robot manufacturer or the Doctor? In which country? It's the old "not our problem it was the the softwares fault or the phone company's or the hardwares in all the more complecated combination.

People want to think that machines are infallable (kinda like god) but they break down, need maintainance and supervision. The technology is valuable for hazardous situations but not for social or personal situations.

There are hundreds of stories, going back to Frankenstein, of how technology while important and useful will never replace human contact and skill.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

To take a few guesses. For some, it will be antiquities, maybe. All the loot from the Bagdad theft along with who knows what else, Those authorized 'one ofs'. The great historical gems, Edisons cell phone and and Hitlers moustache.
I imagine that these antiquities already play an interesting role in world economics. Simply because the wealthy are soooooo wealthy, that money, really, means nothing to them. Hell, they WON that game.
I imagine a barter system. The prestige and power plays among soooooooo wealty because basically they have the world by the nut sacks.

Yes, the more I think about it the more sense it makes. Down the line ten years, a year, tommorw, when the masses no longer have use to them and guess what, money is meaningless as in reality it was never noting more than a means of control in the first place,,,,,,let me catch my breath,,,,,,, 'so whattya got? The Venus De Milo? UUUU. Trade ya a Mickey Mantle rookie card.

Yep. I like that answer Question. Thanks for bringing it up.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Firstly the economy is like any language, it is dynamic and constantly changing. The word 'new' in describing an economy is just so old, slow and stuck in the mud. It is always new as with all this NWO hype, there are lots of people making plans and not all of them are going to come true. Those better prepared with more resources do have a stronger chance.

As for how the global economy confront the challenges of technological change, what happens at the IMF will help define any global consolidations and provide direction towards national implementations. I am sure there are many other important groups and discussions to help conceive, define and explore ideas. With the G20 now holding policy control at the IMF, I give it top dog status for the influence of money on the world.

As for what happens, any uprisings that get out of control generally lead back to a more restricted and totalitarian society. There are heaps of examples around if you look. To make things better we have to work with and improve what is already there. Suck it up.

Unemployment will go up as technology replaces jobs. Moving towards a reduction of the average working week is one of many policy changes that are available, the implications of financial policy leads to cultural change as well which all takes time. I am seeing money is more about accounting, or trying to make the most of what we have.

As the basics of food, shelter and clothing become more technologically available to all, I feel small and insignificant to what the minds of our future species holds and what actions they achieve.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
Remote medical services seem to be up and coming. Do you really want a doctor in India operating on you in Iowa? What if the system breaks mid-procedure or the power (any where along the line) goes out. What about legal concerns - if they make it worse or errors are made who do you sue? The robot manufacturer or the Doctor? In which country? It's the old "not our problem it was the the softwares fault or the phone company's or the hardwares in all the more complecated combination.

I can definitely see the legal concerns being a very real issue here. It detracts from accountability, which is obviously the last thing you want. A surgeon cutting me open that can't be held responsible when he makes a big mistake? No thanks.

That being said, the whole power going out thing is far fetched. They could never engage in remote procedures like that without having backups in place for things like power. There are already things in hospitals that would spell disaster for people if they couldn't get power. They will always have generators and such in place in case the power goes out.
edit on 12-5-2015 by Collekt because: (no reason given)

top topics

join