It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subway employee celebrates Miss. cops' death on Facebook

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
ahh freedom of speech rears it ugly head again.

Funny how it is looked on as a good thing when it riles up Muslims, but now it's a bad thing because she riled some white people up.

Double standards wins again.

One of the cops was black , black people should be riled up also . No strike that . everyone should be riled up as these types of things just make the relationship between police and citizens more precarious . But let me take a stab at this ... we evil white people are only mad over the dead white cop right ?

No double standard , her freedom of speech was not infringed upon by any government entity . NONE . A privately held company fired her as they had the perfect right . Everyone has the right to freedom of speech , but there are consequences to those freedoms when you act like an ass hat .
edit on 11-5-2015 by Stonecutter45 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

The quote was screen capped in all its glory. It was a wee bit more than just "by Jove, two police constables ran into a spot of trouble tonight, tut tut!"

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Funny how it is looked on as a good thing when it riles up Muslims, but now it's a bad thing because she riled some white people up.

I was wondering how long it was until racial agitation reared its ugly head...

You do realise there are tens of millions of Muslims that happen to be white, right?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Except her freedom of speech was not interfered with in any way. Not sure why people don't see that.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: andy1972

How did she incite a riot?

I agree with the rest, we should never rejoice in the loss of life.

In a second post she states something like -
"We can turn this into Baltimore in two seconds"?

The phrase has been quoted here on the thread but I'm on my phone and límited.

What did she mean by that Exactly?

She wants everybody to call each other "Hon"?
edit on AM1Mon20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

I was wondering how long it was until racial agitation reared its ugly head...

You do realise there are tens of millions of Muslims that happen to be white, right?

This is not about colour, its about being a half brained Fu#?wit saying things only a half breed idiot would even contemplate saying online.

Her ignorance shines through, you only have to look at how she writes.

As Forrest said -
"Stupid is as stupid does".

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
She had every right to say what she did...

Her bosses had every right to fire her before her behavior hurt the business.

The Right to speak doesn't protect you from the consequences.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Here they've made a community in her honour outing thugs who mess with the cops..

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
You know what I'm going to do.

I'm going to go around and take a bunch of selfies of myself in front of various businesses and put my insulting opinion about something with the business in the background on the web.

Can't fire me, I don't work for fox news, subway, walmart, etc. Cant sue me - I have the right to free speech. I guess they will have to hire somebody to come at me, ruin my credit, - (ha ha it's already terrible) or gang stalk me or just use media to bully me into submission and get the whole world talking crap about what a terrible person I am.

Does no one else see the bully mob mentality at play here?

CdT
edit on 11-5-2015 by CirqueDeTruth because: edit to add

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Another caring member of the oppressed collective sharing his infinite wisdom with the world.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Dang, dem dudes from da hood sho Sum bad ass mutha fuc#ers..
Dem sho du no how 2 be gansta fo life.

These people should be hounded on Tv, press and Internet...

Low life baby daddy scum thug wannabe.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
You know I've been studying law for a story I'm going to write.

If I was her, I'd talk to a lawyer. Andy1972 illustrates the point perfectly.

Why her? Why just her? Why isn't everyone who speaks out as the above posters have done, not meeting social justice, jury, and executioner for their hateful words? Why has she been signaled out - I just saw a ten second blurb about this story on the news on tv - the ignorant young woman who naively feels she and her culture is being targeted to fuel the prison drug war industry - the one among thousands who think and speak that way.

The outrage is ingenious and this is nothing more than a hateful reaction to hate.

CdT

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

Everyone has the right to an opinión, however for the sake of decency, we try to keep our comments within a close circle of people who think alike or to ourselves.

However, this dumbass went National celebrating the very sad murder of 2 police officers.

She deserves all she gets, be it verbal or with a baseball bat.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Wow. Okay.

Meeting social justice at the end of a baseball bat might kill her.

Would you celebrate her death if she was to meet such a fate for making an ignorant comment?

CdT

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I don't believe it's bullying, it's a forgotten concept called personal responsibility...

She said something that obviously offended people and got fired for it...

Doesn't bother me, if I said something offensive and my boss found out and fired me... It's my fault for flapping my gums.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth

Wow. Okay.

Would you celebrate her death if she was to meet such a fate for making an ignorant comment?

CdT

Probably, as she clearly has nothing to offer that could benefit society or mankind as a whole except ignorance and stupidty, and that we have in abundance, so her death would only.make the world a better place.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: buster2010
So where are all the people crying freedom of speech? If she did this on her own time the company has no right to fire but if she did it on company time then they have the right. Funny how people support the idea that a person is on company time 24/7 if the company wants to do that then they need to start paying accordingly.

What is a subway sandwich artist anyways? All I can think of is she could lose her job and waste all that skill....No where to go but down from there...

So just because she wasn't working a high paying job it's ok for a company to control every aspect of her life? Or is it that blacks who work low paying jobs have no rights in your eyes.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth

Wow. Okay.

CdT

Probably, as she clearly has nothing to offer that could benefit society or mankind as a whole except ignorance and stupidty, and that we have in abundance, so her death would only.make the world a better place.

Aren't you late for your Klan meeting?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I've conceded the point that it was fair that she was fired. It''s an employer's right. Honestly, if I was a business owner - I'd likely have signed her up for ethics training or class, and demand that she take it if she wished to keep her job. With whatever other work type penalties I could place on her.

I'm just debating the point, that this has become a side issue in a brewing tension - and ignorance is begetting ignorance in a lot of the statements. You can't solve problems with the same kind of thinking that caused the uproar to begin with.

This woman is going to grow from this experience. You can bet money on it. She's young and impressionable and product of the world around her. However, maybe not. With the public outcry and reaction, it might further fuel the feelings of being oppressed and targeted. All I know is she is still a person. She said a stupid, callous thing. But wishing her harm or further damage (emotional or otherwise) is taking it to far.

Furthermore, highlighting this issue - is this in some way some pseudo proxy justice being played out here - because two officers were shot? She doesn't even live in the area of the community who is suffering the loss of these officers lives.

CdT

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I went through the employee handbook from my wife's business , a nationwide chain . There are several pages concerning social media . Her company reserves the the right to terminate her for any comments made on Facebook that are inflammatory , racist , considered hate speech etc; etc; . When she was hied as a manager , she was told to read the handbook , and if she agreed with the terms in the handbook , then she had to sign an agreement . If she refused to sign the employment agreement then she would be terminated . She signed the agreement . So if she were fired for making the same comments , then so be it as she agreed to the terms of employment . And this is the updated copy , every time it is updated , she must read it anew and sign a new agreement for employment .

Why is this so hard for you to understand ? A person is free to run their mouth , they also need to ready to handle the sh*t they bring down around them . What if it were two homosexuals who were shot and killed and she was fired for saying they deserved it ... would you be on here defending her then ? Doubtful .

I personally do not care what anyone says , let them show their ass so everyone else knows exactly what kind of person they really are . BUT , I also do not care if they get fired for things they have said . For every action there is a reaction , she ran her mouth and she was fired for it . If it were my wife who was fired , I would tell her to deal with it , as I do all the time when she complains about her job . she agreed to the terms of employment .

As for your question about why others have not lost their jobs for making the same comments , well that is between them and their employers . Or they may not even have a job , so ... there's that too .

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join