It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas winner of Muhammad cartoon

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Yaaaaay!
So when is there gonna be a cartoon competition ridiculing Judaism and their deity?

When Jews begin threatening to kill us for drawing images of Moses.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
For all those who were wondering what the cartoon looked like, here it is.
www.wnd.com...

I notice Muhammad wearing a dulband (not a dastar) giving the impression of the typical devil horns on it’s head.
Was this contest just baiting the muslim terrorists here in America, used to reveal their location?
Is it a coincidence that the 2 muslim terrorists drove from the Phoenix Arizona area?
www.phoenixnewtimes.com...
www.washingtontimes.com...

Was their southerly location related to the proximity of the Mexico Isis camps?
www.judicialwatch.org...
www.washingtontimes.com...
If there is an invasion from the Southern border, with an axis of muslim terrorists and the Mexican national army,
www.arktimes.com...
www.dailykos.com...
could this be the reason for Jade Helm 15?

Does anyone have a better drawing? I liked family guys version better...

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
People often cite freedom of speech as an excuse to have the freedom to offend without consequence which is really just cowardice.

It's counter productive anyway when there's so much emphasis placed on forging progressive links with moderate muslims and encouraging them to tackle extremism in their communities to then sanction actions that purposely set out to offend all of them. Sure many can laugh it off but that says more about them than it does about the people doing and supporting the drawings. Who's the more tolerant and intelligent human being in that situation?

For those with less of a sense of humour about it I can't really see it creating anything other than resentment, distrust and division when there may have been opportunities to build something a bit more positive. To throw that away for cheap laughs seems pretty dumb.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

Because we live in America and will keep pissing people off until the decide they cannot stop us by killing people.

Then we will play nice.. when they play nice.

Haven't met any fat people yet who would kill me for mentioning it.

In all those fat peoples dreams you've been murdered 100's of times lol

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Whats the point? Ok do you drew and insulted muslim's prophet. Then what?

Stop planting the seeds of hatred in hearts of people.

This will lead no where. I myself won't give 2 *human faeces* abt it.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

REALLY this # wins?

c'mon !! with Hitler's mustaches!!!

free speach is free speach... but this is propaganda, not "charlie hebdo"...

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10
I think the seeds were planted long before a cartoon drawing. If someone feels the need to try and kill multiple people over a cartoon, there is a serious problem.

My opinion is Pam is an idiot, and that the whole function is of very ignorant and poor taste. However people making excuses for others who try and murder someone over an insulting cartoon is humorous.

edit on 12-5-2015 by LoverBoy because: spelling

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I here name this portrait 'Al Wolverine'..
edit on 12-5-2015 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

It is disrespectful. So what? In America we blatantly disrespect almost all religions. I mean, I don't particularly think it's cool. It's oafish, and borderline bullying, whether it be Christianity, the Mormons, or Scientology. For some reason we're deathly afraid of criticizing Islam though. Someone lampoons it and suddenly people are sympathetic to religion. Strange.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I don't agree with the contest promoter in any way ideologically. I think she is a raving nutjob and is simply a self promoting kelba with a huge desire to see herself on television.

That being said, anyone who posts "they have the freedom of speech BUT" in relation to drawing the Prophet Mohammad (BBUH) are simply promoting "soft" sharia.

There are hundreds of examples of the Christian God and Messiah in film and "art", from PissChrist to the Life of Brian, from Ben Hur to the Passion of the Christ. Comedy to action to drama. Some document "what if" God abdicated to a human for the day (Bruce Almighty) and some assume Jesus (PBUH) lived a life as a man and fornicated with women (Last Temptation of Christ). These works universally receive condemnation from various Christian and Jewish bodies. The outrage varies depending on the content of the work. All of them would be deadly serious offenses in the Muslim community. It is not so much the "disrespect" of Mohammad (BBUH) that is not allowed as it is his presence. Whether that be in drawing or his being portrayed as an actor.

By saying that that this woman should not have been allowed to have her contest because it would cause outrage has no merit. We as a society (America) have decided that individuals have the basic right to say what they want regardless of it's offense to others (minus direct threats of harm of course). Sharia says it is wrong so Muslims get upset (rightly so as it is their Prophet), but that is a part of life.

We as Americans do not allow, and will never allow, people to be killed over hurt feelings.

And before I am told I do not know, I have 42 months of combat deployments in the Middle East and a further 48 months of non-combat deployments in predominantly Muslim countries in and around the Middle East. I have met and lived with hundreds of people from these countries and have come to both respect and love a great many of them. It never stopped me from believing in the values I was raised with as an American though.

To argue whether or not there are "good" Muslims is moronic at best. The problem is there are about 60 million fanatics within a group of 1.5 billion people. 60 million is still a huge number to deal when they will never accept any way other than their own. Granted those numbers are not the ones that are out launching attacks or blowing themselves up. They are the financiers and cooks and doctors and teachers and various people in day to day life that make being a fanatic possible. Supporters or sympathizers if you will. As Napoleon said "an army travels on its stomach". How do you separate those people out from the "radicals"? Do you? There in lies the real problem the West faces in the Middle East.

edit on 12-5-2015 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoverBoy
I think the seeds were planted long before a cartoon drawing. If someone feels the need to try and kill multiple people over a cartoon, there is a serious problem.

My opinion is Pam is an idiot, and that the whole function is of very ignorant and poor taste. However people making excuses for others who try and murder someone over an insulting cartoon is humorous.

They are both retarded , both the mocking / insulting and also the terrorizing .

Let me give you an example : a "priest" in US burned some qurans . it sparked million man protests worldwide in all of muslim countries .

now where did this lead ? except more and more hate ? what was the intended result ? was it the killing of US amb. in libya ? cause that was achieved almost immediately .

muslims cannot draw a cartoon of Jesus Christ (PBUH) cause jesus is a prophet to all muslims according to our teachings . if they could , and they did , what would that one achieve ? expect a "hate race" if you will ?

in my opinion , these things should stop . it certainly does not help the terrorist activities that you mentioned .

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

I don't....I mean its like walking up to a fat person and calling them "fat". If it pisses people off to draw him then why have a contest. I certainly believe if you want to draw him you can...but why make a contest out of it. Just seems disrespectful.

I agree with you, but in contrast, it's a far cry from killing people just for being Christians.

Personally, I don't want to draw him, I don't want to know what he looked like - if people choose to believe that, fine. But if they come to do me harm because I don't believe, I'll protect myself and my loved ones through any means possible....and if it results in casualty of theirs, so be it.

Was the contest in bad form? I believe so, but I'll not cave to the whims of people who wish all 'non-believers' dead at the cause of their religion.

I had a person describe religion to me from their view, and while very sacrilegious, it's pretty spot on. It went something like this:

"Religion is like a penis. It's fine if you have one, it's fine if you love it, give it a name and want to share it - but don't go waiving it around in public while trying to ram it down my throat as if it's a requirement for life."

Not saying not to discuss religion surely, but trying to illustrate the point of 'not everything is for every one' and while religion can be a good thing, if misused (murdering people who don't believe, that's beyond the scope of acceptable, I don't care what argument is brought to the table on that one - someone believes that they have the right to kill non-believers, they should start a pay-per-view channel to televise it, and then I'll watch them go first.)

I know this isn't "Politically Correct" - and I don't care. My view, my opinion and I'll let any one sling labels around, but my life is mine and nobody has the right to tell me I shouldn't be concerned about the actions of those who would do me or my loved ones harm, or that I don't have the right to protect myself and my loved ones against threats.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: neveroddoreven99

It is disrespectful. So what? In America we blatantly disrespect almost all religions. I mean, I don't particularly think it's cool. It's oafish, and borderline bullying, whether it be Christianity, the Mormons, or Scientology. For some reason we're deathly afraid of criticizing Islam though. Someone lampoons it and suddenly people are sympathetic to religion. Strange.

I agree with what you are saying...totally...it would be disrespectful to do anything to those religions...that's all i'm saying. We don't have to tip toe around Islam. All I said was it was disrespectful...I feel I could make a thread saying the sky is blue and by the end it will be split between yes and no its not always. For some reason me saying it was disrespectful really got so many angered.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: matt1893

REALLY this # wins?

c'mon !! with Hitler's mustaches!!!

free speach is free speach... but this is propaganda, not "charlie hebdo"...

Ya Charlie hebdos cartoons were drawings of Mohammad raping children and animals.

That's sooooo much better.

I love when people bash and clearly haven't actually looked at or compared the issues

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I wouldn't use retarded as a way to describe them. My 6 year old niece is mentally retarded, and has much more love and class then any of these groups.

I don't think we really disagree on much here from what I can understand. I also believe both parties are idiots, and that both parties do things to create hate and division. I just don't think "in my opinion" that murdering someone, and attempting to murder people because they offend you, is justifiable. I also don't mean you as in you, but in general.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
My views and Opinions are not welcome on this Website.

However : It is not nice to insult people's religions.

Imagine if this was another religious group being targetted.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Just seems disrespectful.

If there's anyone on God's green Earth that whole heartedly and fully deserves to be disrespected, it's those who would kill someone over them drawing a religious character.

I believe any intended disrespect probably reached the proper target and any reaction of "meh, whatever" likely also reached that intended target.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Seems to me people need to not be so touchy. Its a drawing. There is absolutely no justification for them killing innocent people over a drawing. The simple people that are saying its the people who made a contest out of its fault are just as stupid as those bad examples of Muslims.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: WonOunce

Right...I agree...there is no justification for murdering someone for drawing a cartoon...but that doesn't mean they wont do it. For the 80th time...all I said was it was disrespectful and it stirs the pot more. I can't believe people don't understand that. And as far as its a drawing..ya..if someone where to make a drawing disrespecting black people...or gay people...or anything...id still find that disrespectful too. That is all I am saying. For some reason me saying it is disrespectful has turned into putting every kind of word they can in my mouth. I find it a bit amazing how brainwashed ats is at the moment.

You know how to beat these people? Ignore them. But the government needs us in constant fear to support their trillions spent on anti terrorism. More people die in car accidents in one year than all that have died from terrorism in the usa ever. Yet it consumes us.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Just seems disrespectful.

If there's anyone on God's green Earth that whole heartedly and fully deserves to be disrespected, it's those who would kill someone over them drawing a religious character.

I believe any intended disrespect probably reached the proper target and any reaction of "meh, whatever" likely also reached that intended target.

Agreed..it's a stoooopid drawing about a cartoon charter.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join