It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas winner of Muhammad cartoon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The drawing looks more like a joke than anything else.

Radicalism exist out of ignorance most of the time but not always, and the decire of some that have the tools to impose their power over the weakminded to give them a reason for murder and violence in the name of what they call their religious views.

When people are indocrinated from birth that is only one way and no other is hard to show the indocrinated that is other ways, unless taking them individually, in this world is always the leaders and the followers, sadly more followers than leaders.

While Jesus was portraiyed as the christian God incarnated, to the believe of the simple minded, Mohammed was just a man, no even with a divine birth, still whatever he said it happen in his interaction with his god has been taken by his followers as the only truth, without question, that tells you how gullible the simpleminded people can be during the time that he was alive and spreding his version of religious believes.

In the name of religious icons attrocities has been committed and more will come as long as somebody is out there to be manipulated or wanting to be manipulated, we all have free choices some choose not to make their own mind and think individually but collectively because in numbers power is also found.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

The depiction in the style of dress more resembles Sikhism and not Islam. What can you expect from ignorance?

In this link below are photos. 90% are NOT Muslim.

www.google.ca...

Basically, it is akin to mistaking Nuns in their habit for Muslim women who wear hijabs.

adnanramin.files.wordpress.com...

Awesome artwork though. Very talented artist. I admire artist for their ability to bring an image from mind to life for others to see and enjoy.

If there is an invasion from the Southern border, with an axis of muslim terrorists and the Mexican national army,

Americans are a tough bunch. I spent some time in the south. I wouldn't worry too much of an invasion because from what I witnessed..."dem southern boys got hot butter for your soul".

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

I don't....I mean its like walking up to a fat person and calling them "fat". If it pisses people off to draw him then why have a contest. I certainly believe if you want to draw him you can...but why make a contest out of it. Just seems disrespectful.

That is the entire point! How can anyone respect a symbol of stoning, rape, murder, terrorism, etc? Muhamad, besides possibly being a child molester represents all that is evil with Islam and all the laws that disrespect women and others. The opposite of respect is disrespect...and that is, again...the point.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
Yaaaaay!
So when is there gonna be a cartoon competition ridiculing Judaism and their deity?

In the interests of fair play, I may suggest this to Pamela Geller and see if she supports it.

Well...at least Catholics won't have much to worry about. You've already allowed "Piss Christ" and the outlawing of every Christian and Christmas symbol while allowing other's religious symbols. So yeah...go after the Jews. I mean...the holocaust was so long ago it is their turn again. Right?

PS: Before anyone implies...I AM NOT CATHOLIC AND DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD OR RELIGION!!!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Right ...im not saying I agree with those things either. It is just a never end chain of disrespect....I don't see the point.

Honestly .... I don't care....I moved from the usa...you guys can do as you please...keep disrespecting each other and have endless wars...finally one day when they set a nuke off in a major city you guys can draw more cartoons to show em how mad you are.

Note this isnt to you WeAreAwake...just saying in general. Our kids will be living in an Orwelian state more than what it is with actual threats and danger to life.

Also to bring this to a religious debate...You think the God in the bible is any more benevolent? Killing kids...etc etc...if we are going that route I can show you about how every religion shouldn't be respected....therefore to really show all christians how upset I am I should draw Jesus smoking weed or something ...this will show!!!! LOL come on man..drawing a cartoon is the same as a kid on the play ground calling you a name. It is stupid on both sides.
edit on 10-5-2015 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Right ...im not saying I agree with those things either. It is just a never end chain of disrespect....I don't see the point.

Honestly .... I don't care....I moved from the usa...you guys can do as you please...keep disrespecting each other and have endless wars...finally one day when they set a nuke off in a major city you guys can draw more cartoons to show em how mad you are.

Note this isnt to you WeAreAwake...just saying in general. Our kids will be living in an Orwelian state more than what it is with actual threats and danger to life.

Also to bring this to a religious debate...You think the God in the bible is any more benevolent? Killing kids...etc etc...if we are going that route I can show you about how every religion shouldn't be respected....therefore to really show all christians how upset I am I should draw Jesus smoking weed or something ...this will show!!!! LOL come on man..drawing a cartoon is the same as a kid on the play ground calling you a name. It is stupid on both sides.

Lets say I'm a bully. I walk up to you and tell you that if you step over this line (draws line in the sand) I will kill you. What do you do? Do you obey the bully and give him more reason to continue doing what works, or do you step over that line and shut him down? I've always been the "shut them down" type. And yes...I realize my example is from a playground. That was intentional.

I understand that it may be childish, but that is what we are. We are petty, childish, etc. So are they. But we don't kill over petty, childish things. They do. I'm sorry we disagree...you seem friendly enough...but I have to disagree with showing respect for the religion they kill for...but I agree that we are all childish.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

I don't....I mean its like walking up to a fat person and calling them "fat". If it pisses people off to draw him then why have a contest. I certainly believe if you want to draw him you can...but why make a contest out of it. Just seems disrespectful.

i'm sure this is a new concept to you it's called protest. Although you might have seen something similar on press TV. Like when they show people burning American flags. But don't worry generally when a American flag is burned nobody loses their head. ( there's a very bad pun in that last sentence look for it)

Its a great idea, protest and defend, maybe even roll a few of those flag burners heads as well.

Imitation is the best form of flattery, you can become just like them.

see the pun, no? Its not a joke.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

originally posted by: Greathouse

i'm sure this is a new concept to you it's called protest. Although you might have seen something similar on press TV. Like when they show people burning American flags. But don't worry generally when a American flag is burned nobody loses their head. ( there's a very bad pun in that last sentence look for it)

Its a great idea, protest and defend, maybe even roll a few of those flag burners heads as well.

Imitation is the best form of flattery, you can become just like them.

see the pun, no? Its not a joke.

Sure whatever???????

Oh yeah I almost forgot...... .......

Potato.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

in America, as a light-house for the rest-of-the-world.... the 'freedom of speech exists'

... but there comes with that freedom ~ the possibility there is risk of an uncivilized reaction to that 'freedom'

Jihadists are telling the global nations that civilized Laws, agreed upon Conduct does not apply to their interpretation of Sharia Law condoned by a Cleric (of which there are 1,000's + all over the world, some which will say it is One's duty to kill a cartoonist that parody's or renders an Image of the-Prophet)

edit on th31143130191010512015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Who gives a # if they are offended. As a christian you are not supposed to make graven images of things In heaven, like Jesus. Yet no christian has ever shot up an Islamic hate rally for burning bibles.
This Islamic religion has to go, if only Hitler had exterminated those bastards instead.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Draw Muhammad day was created after South Park had a run in with their network for refusing to air an episode of theirs which was supposed to depict Muhammad. The whole episode was made to be about free speech and why no one should be able to suppress it or censor it. The two part episode was censored and aired.

A cartoonist then made up "Draw Muhammad Day" in respect to the South Park creators for their attempt at rejecting censorship, and it has became an annual event for freedom of speech.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

You missed the whole PISSCHRIST thing?
Oh yeah, it was a real laugh ...although they weren't murdered for it.
WE just suck it up and maintain.
edit on 10-5-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

HEY its a SWEET way to establish an objective personel,spacific ,ambush.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

We already busted THAT cherry when we installed a murderous Shah back in the 50s.
I just won't foot their bill.
If a sideshow like this draws out the crazies to pick off what's the beef?
Our decadence hasn't gone away,we are able to express free speech and the jihadists want to kill us for it .
THAT is offensive to me,so much so I THINK I'd RATHER have hostile contact with them in obvious and controlled ways so long as they comply with the idea.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I can at least respect your answer...may I asked if you served in the military? Just because you take the stance of shutting them down after they drew the line in the sand I'm assuming you were fired up enough to go to war to shut them down.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I agree...man I feel like people are saying I support terrorism or something. I find radicals offensive to the point I went and fought them lol...Im not saying what fanaticals do is right at all...I was willing to die for it...most of the forums warriors (not including you, I know you are prior) will say things having no clue what combat is like and those same keyboard warriors don't mind sending me over to kick the enemies ass while they type on the forum claiming to know everything about islam. # how many people even knew much about the middle east before 9/11.

In my travels...to the middle east included..ive met many muslims. Some have become my friends. They were really good people and still are. I can say the same with christians and budhists and much more. I hate religion myself but there is always common ground amongst good people. I guess I hate to see those poor bastards get lumped into "All Muslims are bad" because Murica! told me so. It is so ignorant ( this isn't directed to you cav) how some people think. I'm curious how many people in this thread have even been to the middle east let alone outside their home country.

For how much hate is in this thread towards Muslims I say put your money where your mouth is then and go do something to stop it...oh no wait you'll just keep typing how much you hate it and how its all bad and how you'd stomp them muslims if they moved in next to you oh oh oh etc etc...no go back to playing call of duty. Once again not directed at you cav lol you just got the rant with the reply button.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I love the critiques of the drawing and the name calling. People are calling the artist ignorant yet somehow those who are hell-bent on killing them for a drawing somehow escaped this ire

The hecks the matter w people

Hebdo draws Mohammad raping animals and children, innocent people shot= tragedy , we must have free speech and not cow down

Lady has an art contest with the winning sketch not even close to as distasteful , two extremist killed = she's out of line and condemned

This country is out of its mind and inconsistent

The reaction are proof that people's thoughts and emotions are dictated by the media , and not common sense

How does it feel to be so easily manipulated?
edit on 10-5-2015 by Lgbtlivesmatter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Dble
edit on 10-5-2015 by Lgbtlivesmatter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

a reply to: GBP/JPY

No I agree with you...all religions are ridiculous...but I certainly wouldn't walk into a church or mosque or whatever and start preaching anti religion stuff to them. All Im saying is its disrespectful. Do we want to live forever like this? America spending billions if not trillions of dollars to "secure" the USA while actual terrorists exist and anti American fundamentalism is growing. How long until a nuke goes off state side?

Always find it interesting how much people like war when they have never been there...at least if someone on this forum has been and still was ok with it ...I could at least respect that.

I wasn't aware they held this contest in a mosque.....
Thanks for enlightening me...
Btw, nut jobs have been goading the Catholics at masses for over a quarter century(dressing in drag while receiving communion...etc)
But I don't recall the congregation trying to blow people up....but that's just me...

Also, before you bring it up, Christian radicals have killed 9 people in abortion clinic since 1993....NINE...so please spare me the moral relativism for this barbaric "religion".....it's a joke and liberals are all too eager to cede to Islamic-fascism at every turn...
It's astounding really....

-Christosterone

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Funny how a drawing or drawings of some made up person can cause such strife among the blind followers who throw their miserable lives into this cult!

edit on 10-5-2015 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join