It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas winner of Muhammad cartoon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

originally posted by: Greathouse

a reply to: Violater1

I don't....I mean its like walking up to a fat person and calling them "fat". If it pisses people off to draw him then why have a contest. I certainly believe if you want to draw him you can...but why make a contest out of it. Just seems disrespectful.

i'm sure this is a new concept to you it's called protest. Although you might have seen something similar on press TV. Like when they show people burning American flags. But don't worry generally when a American flag is burned nobody loses their head. ( there's a very bad pun in that last sentence look for it)

You are sure this is a new concept for me? Thanks ... I served in the infantry for 4 years...im sure that is most likely a new concept for you...serving your country...and you are right..I don't get upset at all when someone burns a flag. But I still find it disrespectful, which was the point of my post...it is disrespectful because not all muslims are fanatics. The difference between us is you find comfort in things like protest...but I find comfort in things like action.

Myself if I was a practicing muslim it would be far more disrespectful to me. That a extremist group in my religion was misrepresenting my entire religion by making People think that medieval ideology is tolerated by my religion.

+2 more 
posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

I was Muslim (recently converted to Christianity) and the outcry by the fanatics and the killing has to stop. The radicals are growing in number by the day.. and it just has to stop.

I had no problem with the cartoons, so why should anyone stop.. just to appease the crazies? let the crazies learn they cannot dictate to the world through intimidation and threats.. or murder.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

No I agree with you...all religions are ridiculous...but I certainly wouldn't walk into a church or mosque or whatever and start preaching anti religion stuff to them. All Im saying is its disrespectful. Do we want to live forever like this? America spending billions if not trillions of dollars to "secure" the USA while actual terrorists exist and anti American fundamentalism is growing. How long until a nuke goes off state side?

Always find it interesting how much people like war when they have never been there...at least if someone on this forum has been and still was ok with it ...I could at least respect that.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I agree totally...

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

I was Muslim (recently converted to Christianity) and the outcry by the fanatics and the killing has to stop. The radicals are growing in number by the day.. and it just has to stop.

I had no problem with the cartoons, so why should anyone stop.. just to appease the crazies? let the crazies learn they cannot dictate to the world through intimidation and threats.. or murder.

Agreed...I am not saying anyone has to stop..in my first post I mentioned it is ok but why flaunt it ya know? And it is not just the crazies. There are good muslims out there...surely in your time as a Muslim you met some good people. I'm not sure if they are or aren't offended by it but id wager some are. I guess I just observe this rift getting deeper and deeper which sets up an endless war...endless surveillance, endless digs at each other.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

You do realize that there are many Muslim artists who have joined in, in the making of some cartoons just to show solidarity as artists and to stand against the fanatics right?

This isn't just Texas, its in Lebanon, its in Egypt, Its in Syria.. its everywhere... its about standing against fanaticism and radicalism..

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

You do realize that there are many Muslim artists who have joined in, in the making of some cartoons just to show solidarity as artists and to stand against the fanatics right?

This isn't just Texas, its in Lebanon, its in Egypt, Its in Syria.. its everywhere... its about standing against fanaticism and radicalism..

While I was well aware that not all Muslims share that The same belief. I was not aware that contest were done. Such as shame that the heathens get all the press.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The Muslims are not holding contests.. but they are drawing the cartoons.. pushing the envelope so to speak, in solidarity with those who died for it - to stand against radicalism and fanaticism.

And I for one very much believe in drawing them, so long as anyone is dying over it. Until which time the crazies realize that they cannot win by intimidation and murder.

Its about respect, not dictating your religion to another human being across the globe, in most cases.

edit on 10-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
As part of my extensive secret network of undercover agents within the MSM, I was able to get a spokesman for ISIS to comment on the drawing contest.

Sadly, he didn't have much to say.

I then reached out to my contacts in the liberal-progressive media to get a statement clarifying their stance on the 1st Amendment.

Finally, I reached out to the White House in the hopes of getting a clarification to the apparent reluctance to support freedoms of expression.

Sadly, they saw me approach and ran away without comment.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

lol...

Article the third... Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

www.archives.gov...
edit on 10-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I don't....I mean its like walking up to a fat person and calling them "fat". If it pisses people off to draw him then why have a contest. I certainly believe if you want to draw him you can...but why make a contest out of it. Just seems disrespectful.

So you are basically saying people should limit free expression and liberty on a case by case. If these radical nut jobs want to get offended that is on them and they can cry a river for all I care.

Wha.....Wha.....Wha....

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

You.....Your post is so much better than mine a picture truly is worth a 1000 words. I wish I had more stars to give you.

I had to edit because your post truly made me LOL and I needed that.....Brilliant poster......Brilliant.
edit on 10-5-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
Yaaaaay!
So when is there gonna be a cartoon competition ridiculing Judaism and their deity?

In the interests of fair play, I may suggest this to Pamela Geller and see if she supports it.

That is where it becomes complicated, because the new deity of judaism is the holocaust, the "shoah", and in many countries in europe it is forbidden by law to publicly criticize it, even publicly showing the slightest doubts over why/how/where it happened can send you to jail. That is why in Iran they hold a contest of cartoons about the holocaust, because they have understood that.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

I specifically said "I certainly believe if you want to draw him you can"...not sure how you think im saying to limit expression at all. But that is the way with people like you. Disagree with anything you see on the internet and try to warp the words.

But what do you think is going to happen when you are intentionally pissing people off. I am saying it is disrespectful. Why would you purposely want to disrespect someone.

My personal belief is people are just trying to piss of these people and it makes us feel good to stand up to fanatical terrorism by drawing cartoons. It empowers the powerless. If you really want to stand up to it...go fight it physically not draw cartoons safely behind friendly lines...and sadly the fanatics reached out there as well.

And I was not worried about the fanaticals getting offended.....I have more of a concern of everyone who is muslim being lumped into "fanatical muslims". It is disrespectful to some good people out there. If of course you think there are no good muslims then I totally understand now where you are coming from.

edit on 10-5-2015 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

If I draw a guy with a turban, is that enough to be Mohammed? Who says which drawings are offensive and which are just a picture of an Arab guy?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Because we live in America and will keep pissing people off until the decide they cannot stop us by killing people.

Then we will play nice.. when they play nice.

Haven't met any fat people yet who would kill me for mentioning it.
YET.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
For all those who were wondering what the cartoon looked like, here it is.
www.wnd.com...

I notice Muhammad wearing a dulband (not a dastar) giving the impression of the typical devil horns on it’s head.
Was this contest just baiting the muslim terrorists here in America, used to reveal their location?
Is it a coincidence that the 2 muslim terrorists drove from the Phoenix Arizona area?
www.phoenixnewtimes.com...
www.washingtontimes.com...

Was their southerly location related to the proximity of the Mexico Isis camps?
www.judicialwatch.org...
www.washingtontimes.com...
If there is an invasion from the Southern border, with an axis of muslim terrorists and the Mexican national army,
www.arktimes.com...
www.dailykos.com...
could this be the reason for Jade Helm 15?

That drawing has little talent. Not even sure it is Muhammad. This whole 'contest/event' was all staged. I thin k it is a poor idea to draw Mohammad in a public place. Of course someone CAN, but i find it sort of akin to yelling 'Fire' in a crowded theater. If there are consequences, the people that caused it should be responsible.
edit on 10-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

I am liberal, love free speech. But stupid is as stupid does.
edit on 10-5-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

If I draw a guy with a turban, is that enough to be Mohammed? Who says which drawings are offensive and which are just a picture of an Arab guy?

I suppose it makes it easier to cry offense for those who make being offended their profession when something is specifically labeled. But you make an interesting point.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well this is a conspiracy site.
What if the terrorists were really of (those people in Syria and Iraq) and not manipulated by any US agency?
What if they WERE two extreme jihadis with their own agenda.
Now let me ask you all a very important question. IF, notice it's a big If, the any US agency is the governing factor of these extremists why are there not more attacks on more sensetive targets if they just want to ramp up the fear factor?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
Yaaaaay!
So when is there gonna be a cartoon competition ridiculing Judaism and their deity?

In the interests of fair play, I may suggest this to Pamela Geller and see if she supports it.

There are plenty of Judaism satire works out there to select from however most are satire and nobody cares. I don't care and I don't care about all of the Satire regarding Jesus, Buddha, Gandhi, Dionysus, Poseidon, Zeus or me. Anyone that does care about such trivial things deserves to be taunted and ridiculed as, in my opinion, they are the purveyors of extreme Ignorance!

I am so sick and tired hearing about who is slighted because someone does not like something about their own personal fable. WHO F''ing cares already!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join