It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Police Officers Fatally Shot In Mississippi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

HATTIESBURG, Miss. —Two Hattiesburg, Mississippi, police officers were shot and killed, a coroner said Saturday
The Associated Press reported Forrest County Coroner Butch Benedict told the Jackson Clarion-Ledger the two officers had been taken to a hospital. It was unclear whether they died at the hospital or earlier.

Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny DuPree said law enforcement personnel were hunting for a suspect. The mayor said people should stay in their homes during the search.

The newspaper reported the two slain officers are the first to die in the line of duty in 30 years.

2 Police Officers Fatally Shot In Mississippi

Wow, this just happened so not much to go on yet....I will see if I can find anything with more details...Honestly, this sickens me. Like I said will update soon....

Thanks,
Pax

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

I saw that earlier. Searched Facebook and such for the perps. Couldn't find nothing but a 2014 court appearance for Marvin Banks. ( criminal trespassing)
edit on 10-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Is any one keeping count?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Okay so I was able to find this.....

The shooting occurred when one officer was conducting a routine traffic stop while a second one arrived to provide backup. Two civilians came upon the scene and called for help after finding the wounded officers on the ground.

The officers' identities were not initially released.

Where do people get the idea that it is okay to kill anyone? For what reason? Because they did not want to go to jail for DUI lets just kill the cops?

We all know the internet and for that fact violence has been around long before 2014-2015,,,,,,,,So, what gives? Why all of sudden do we have all these reports on cops killing people and people killing cops?

I honestly believe this was planned. The quickest way to control and maintain absolute power is to turn all parties involved against one another....Complete chaos! So the feds will come in and look like the big hero.....I pray not but believe we are almost done as a free country....

Are we that desensitized?? Just shoot somebody when you cannot deal with conflict?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Ya know, what would be interesting and horrific at the same time is to watch and wait and see if little by little every state in the nation has this kind of violence taking place and i mean cops against the people and the people against cops....

We need to keep count to see if a pattern will reveal itself..Perhaps for every suspect that has died while being arrested or falsely accused will there be one police officer killed to avenge the death...

Pax

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Well there's also the fact that cops are killed every year in the US. But I do find myself buying into the fear occasionally. Like I said earlier in the thread I did some searches. I was searching for a jihadists connection.

I felt a little silly halfway through because I immediately made that connection.

edit on 10-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I have no idea what the stats are, it just seems
like an absurd number of officers have already fallen
this year.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Line of Duty Deaths: 42
9/11 related illness: 2
Accidental: 1
Assault: 1
Automobile accident: 12
Gunfire: 8
Gunfire (Accidental): 2
Heart attack: 11
Motorcycle accident: 1
Struck by vehicle: 2
Vehicle pursuit: 2

according to odmp.org

gunfire deaths are down 43% so far this year..
deaths on duty are also down by about 19% so far this year, so...
edit on 10-5-2015 by Syyth007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Posted: May 09, 2015 9:47 PM CDT
Updated: May 10, 2015 1:24 AM CDT

WARREN COUNTY, MS (Mississippi News Now) - According to Warren County Sheriff Martin Pace, two people were shot Saturday near the Flowers Exit on I-20 west.

We were told a male and female were shot near mile marker 16, just inside the Warren County line between 8:30 p.m. and 8:45 p.m.
Two (more) people shot on I-20 W. near Flowers Exit

-
I suppose this could involve the same shooters.

( i.e. a speculation; and perhaps switching cars again )

According to officials, the suspect fled the scene in an officer's vehicle. It has since been found abandoned near the rail road tracks behind the train depot.
A More Indepth Story with Photos of Officers and Shooters

edit on 10-5-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
www.9news.com.au...

A little more news .

(post by Hushabye removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Here's a link to a local news paper's website in Mississippi:

Clarion Ledger

This is quite a tragic story. The two LEO's appear to be petty decent guys...Prayers to their families and friends.

Don't believe there is a conspiracy here. Appears to be two thugs who, for whatever reason, decided to execute two LEO's last night.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Syyth007

Excellent 007 thank you.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
Here's a link to a local news paper's website in Mississippi:

Clarion Ledger

This is quite a tragic story. The two LEO's appear to be petty decent guys...Prayers to their families and friends.

Don't believe there is a conspiracy here. Appears to be two thugs who, for whatever reason, decided to execute two LEO's last night.

Sounds like a couple of kids what a shame.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Star for you Greathouse

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Give the Moth#r fu#@ers the chair.

There are no mitigating circumstances.

Cold blooded first degree murder.

Fry 'em both.

Lets see how long it is before "The system failed 'em" group turn up.

edit on AM7Sun20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

edit on AM7Sun20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Thanks, that is one sad song though. Brought a tear to my eye before it was over.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
This reminds me of "The Onion Field".

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
They've arrested three people for the crime:

Rookie and 'officer of the year' shot dead in cold blood: Couple and brother arrested for murder of two Mississippi cops after traffic stop

Two brothers, and the girlfriend of the one of the brothers... The "couple" were charged in the murder; the other brother was charged as an accessory after-the-fact.

So sad. Those officers' moms and wives will never have another happy mother's day after this.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus

Are we that desensitized?? Just shoot somebody when you cannot deal with conflict?

That's what cops do more often nowadays...I think they can't deal with conflict and look for quick fix short cut.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join