It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bye Bye sad life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Ummm...Thank you ArtistPoet...I have to second your comments...If we indeed share with others our times of sorrow...we tend to negate the loneliness aspect...

I also agree...that we not self censor...and that one should not be afraid of honesty...and ones own nature...
Be well my friend...

YouSir

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tridentblue

Ummm...Thank you for this connection...It's been too long since I listened to Jimi...I can relate to his line in "Castles made of sand"..."His tears fall and burn the garden green"...

A wonderful song from such a talented artist...

YouSir

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I thank you for posting your poem ... and your comments ... which I found very refreshing

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Ummm...You know...now I'm going to have to Read "The Secret Garden"...

WOW...How rewarding and challenging...to be able to shine a little light into the hearts of those young people...That has got to be the hardest...and the easiest path anyone could hope to lead another out of...I'm afraid I haven't got the courage or strength for such...Compassion and hard love...setting boundaries and freeing souls...People that have this gift of selflessness...are the true angels of this earth...

I only write...but you willingly walk into the heart of horror and darkness and lead these young souls out from despair...WOW
just...WOW...

All is well with me my friend...may this find you likewise...

I'm still jealous though...

YouSir

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Ummm...Your welcome ArtistPoet...I'm done with watching the world burn as I sit idle...toasting marshmallows...

WE...have the strength to make things right...WE just have to set aside apathy...to lay it down and walk on...
I can't do this on my own...I can't...........But...WE...can

"A part of...not...apart from"...

YouSir

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Children always grow towards the light - they want to be well, and they're happy to let you come with them. Grown ups like to nurture their quirks - it's much harder to work with them! And when you get to that moment with children and teenagers when they start to get better and you see them grow again and glow again - well, then it becomes a selfish job, because it's so wonderful - I can't tell you how happy it makes me.

Glad you're well - me too - but why are you jealous?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Ummm...I'm Glad for you for the joy they bring you and for joy that you engender in them as well...

Well....................I'm jealous only because you live in Scotland...where my ancestors came from...I've always wanted to visit there...I think if I did though I might have to stay...and walk back the footsteps of ancestral time...and breathe with the mist on the moor...

YouSir

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I'm done with watching the world burn as I sit idle...toasting marshmallows...

Lol great metaphor if I can call it that
Nothing wrong with toasting marshmallows my friend
We can not carry the world on our shoulders
We each can only do as we can do as life presents itself to us ...In those close by us and those who cross our paths

Apathy can occur when the burden seems too great
But I agree ... It is our about our attitude to life ... and our intentions

We can not change the world ... we can only change ourselves and be an example of the best we can be

Life is and should be a great adventure ...

Yes we are a part of it and not apart from it

Be kind to yourself my friend

edit on 12-5-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Yeah, that's good imagery, the tears watering the plants of new things. I posted it because of the third part, the girl on the shore, who's so despondent but what actually passes away is the source of her sadness. Your poem brought that song to mind for me.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

You're an Albannach! Hello, brother! Come home anytime, you would always be welcome. But yes, you might never leave! Make sure you find the time at some point to go home, I think you'll love it. Here's Loch Fyne; I was driving past the other week thinking things weren't so bad with scenery like this on the way to work:

B x

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join